Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #76 of 41,034

Quote:
quick pic of full set-up. it's kinda messy.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00405.jpg

You have a teddy bear with a noose around its neck, a knife stuck in your desk and a musical keyboard where a computer keyboard should be.
Makes perfect sense.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #77 of 41,034
He's also got a computer monitor from the 80's and he's running low on water.
I think I might be kinda scared to meet this guy lol

Quote:
Quote:

You have a teddy bear with a noose around its neck, a knife stuck in your desk and a musical keyboard where a computer keyboard should be.
Makes perfect sense.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #78 of 41,034
it sure does. i swap keyboards back and forth since there is no room on my table for both. what does noose around neck mean on the teddy bear lamp? i don't fellow. also i always stick the knife in the desk, convinent when i have to cut some wiring, carpet or thick cloth. got from a good friend when he came back from iraq and got out of the marine core

Quote:
Quote:

Makes perfect sense.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #79 of 41,034

lol. it's a CAD display. better picture than any lcd on the planet.has very accurate color reproduction,crystal clear text and very high max resolution of 2560x2048.   i use it for photoshop and gaming. also work on computers a lot besides stereo systems and speakers.
Quote:
He's also got a computer monitor from the 80's and he's running low on water.
I think I might be kinda scared to meet this guy lol

Quote:
Quote:

Makes perfect sense.

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #80 of 41,034

Quote:
Yahma DVD-S1800 (SACD)/Pacific Valvue CDM-12>Cambridge DacMagic>Woo Audio 22

How do you like the Dacmagic? I'm using one at the moment and considering upgrading. Do you consider it the bottle neck in your system? I like the way it sounds but I can't help wonder what else is out there. I need to do more listening to other people's gear I think.

I'll post some pics when I get my new stuff. :) Can't guarantee the quality (actually I can guarantee it'll be bad)

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #81 of 41,034
My current state is unfinished, but eh, whatever.

Here's my unfinished bedroom rig. The little box on top of the Denon is soon to be a Starving Student, and there's very likely a GS-1 in the works for this rig (notice it's currently lacking a headphone amp.)

Also, sorry about the horrid picture. I couldn't be bothered to get the correct lens or shoe flash out.

5281541968_50ec7d1a3a_b.jpg

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #82 of 41,034
Dec 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #83 of 41,034
You guys have lots of headphones.   I need to catch up!

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #84 of 41,034

who needs a headphone amp when you have that lovely vintage H.H Scott receiver :). is that solid state or older tube amplifier? i know H.H Scott and Fisher made a lot of tube receivers/amps. check the schematics of the amp to see what type of resistor is used for output impedance between the speaker power amp and headphone out. lot of vintage gear had either 200-680ohm resistor for both left and right channels@ atleast 1/2w of power effectively for headphone output impedance.   
Quote:

Here's my unfinished bedroom rig. The little box on top of the Denon is soon to be a Starving Student, and there's very likely a GS-1 in the works for this rig (notice it's currently lacking a headphone amp.)

Also, sorry about the horrid picture. I couldn't be bothered to get the correct lens or shoe flash out.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #85 of 41,034

Quote:
who needs a headphone amp when you have that lovely vintage H.H Scott receiver :). is that solid state or older tube amplifier? i know H.H Scott and Fisher made a lot of tube receivers/amps. check the schematics of the amp to see what type of resistor is used for output impedance between the speaker power amp and headphone out. lot of vintage gear had either 200-680ohm resistor for both left and right channels@ atleast 1/2w of power effectively for headphone output impedance.   
Quote:

Thanks, nice eye! It's a pretty nice receiver, though being a solid state Scott (admittedly before H.H. Scott was driven into the ground) it's not quite up there with some of the tube ones, but the FM tuner is just awesome and it has a great phono stage. The best part was that it was free! 
wink_face.gif
. Some of these vintage receivers are the best bargains in audio if you know where to go.

I'll see about opening it up sometime and figuring it all out.  Modding can be half the fun sometimes. And these solid state H.H. Scott tuners and recievers are sleeper greats.

Not stopping me from drooling at the GS-1 though.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #86 of 41,034
What sort of Grado am I seeing on your record playing contraption?
Quote:

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #87 of 41,034

Quote:
What sort of Grado am I seeing on your record playing contraption?
Quote:

Those would be the HF2s.

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #88 of 41,034
You guys inspired me to set up a bedside system.  I plan to use an Apple Airport Express to stream from my Mac Mini (downstairs) music server and control it with my iPad.  I'm gonna go mini-optical to Toslink Optical to my Apogee Mini DAC and perhaps use my upcoming Sennheiser HD650.  Should be fun.  I'll post pictures once I have everything going.  Stay tuned!

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #89 of 41,034
I will try to post pics of my rig tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back