Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #5,341 of 41,321
Here's mine..............pretty much doubles as my computer setup.  Sennheiser 428's and Panasonic RTF600's currently on the wall............fed by either iTunes, Pandora or my iPad running Equalizer into my E10 DAC/AMP The XB500's are downstairs.   Versatile, loud and thumps.  :) 

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #5,342 of 41,321
New DAC today. Calyx 24/192 DAC, very very nice hunk of metal. Looks deceptive, it is literally built like a tank in that it is a huge chunk of solid aluminum (4.5kg !!). Sounds great too! I will try to snag a NAD M51 this weekend too and keep the winner.

Do you have the Mini hooked up to a monitor or do you control it in a different way?

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #5,343 of 41,321

Quote:
Do you have the Mini hooked up to a monitor or do you control it in a different way?

"Screen Sharing" via my Macbook Air (or my girlfriend's Macbook Pro), or the remote app on my iPhone and iPad.
It doesn't even have a keyboard or mouse plugged in 
biggrin.gif
. Just the power cable and a Cardas Clear USB cable feeding the DAC.

It pulls it's music from a time capsule elsewhere in the living room that has my CD collection in ALAC along with some HDTracks and DVDA rips I have. Love the setup personally. Although, wifi once in a great while can hesitate on a track, so I may add a thunderbolt drive and mirror the audio collection so that the Mini can pull files locally.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #5,344 of 41,321

I've heard tell of people controlling it with LogMeIn, but I tried that and it was pretty horrible. I'd like to incorporate something like this for my desktop set up, but we'll see how it goes. Still working on the main system...

Quote:
Quote:

"Screen Sharing" via my Macbook Air (or my girlfriend's Macbook Pro), or the remote app on my iPhone and iPad.
It doesn't even have a keyboard or mouse plugged in 
biggrin.gif
. Just the power cable and a Cardas Clear USB cable feeding the DAC.

It pulls it's music from a time capsule elsewhere in the living room that has my CD collection in ALAC along with some HDTracks and DVDA rips I have. Love the setup personally. Although, wifi once in a great while can hesitate on a track, so I may add a thunderbolt drive and mirror the audio collection so that the Mini can pull files locally.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #5,345 of 41,321

Quote:
I've heard tell of people controlling it with LogMeIn, but I tried that and it was pretty horrible. I'd like to incorporate something like this for my desktop set up, but we'll see how it goes. Still working on the main system...

If you already have an iDevice or another Mac, you already have all the software you need built in to the OS nothing else required. 
Super convenient.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #5,346 of 41,321
I use Remote Desktop to control my Mac Mini and it works perfectly. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #5,347 of 41,321
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #5,348 of 41,321
I really enjoyed my Squeezebox Duet when it was working, but the Apple products are so much more reliable. I currently use an Airport Express with the remote app on my iPhone....not a single problem with it.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #5,351 of 41,321
Hey, greeting from a fellow toon towner...
That ASL is a great amp. I'm sure you're loving the sound. I'll assume you saw David at pulsworks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back