Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #20,357 of 41,202

Nice rig... and SWEET cabinet/shelving. I really need something like that. My desktop setup moved to a side table and I don't even have room for my turn table and my cans/CDs had to move to an in-wall shelf:

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #20,358 of 41,202
It's been a wild ride since moving into a new space, but I finally have something that works in my room.  I realize I've left out the most important components for pictures on head-fi...the HEADPHONES.  Rest assured, my trusty HD600 and HD650 are pulling duty out of the Mjolnir 2 using a Cardas balanced cable.  

The Focal Solo6 Be in this setup is as close as I've ever gotten to headphone listening using speakers.  The room was very acoustically problematic and using the monitors in the nearfield not only solved the room issues, but surprised me with some of the most relaxed, musical, and engaging sound I've ever experienced.  Not pictured is the huge row of IKEA Kallax shelving for the rest of the LP collection.

I just finished some custom speaker stands for the Focal monitors.  As much as I loved the sound of the speakers, the look was just too sterile.  The wood stands help warm things up a bit.   

Source:
Linn Sondek LP12 w/Adikt 
Custom Bottlehead Eros with NOS Telefunken EF806s
Cambridge CXC transport
Schiit Gungnir Multibit

Preamp/Headphone amp:
Schiit Mjolnir 2 with NOS Telefunken E88CC

Headphones:
HD600
HD650 w/Cardas balanced cable

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #20,360 of 41,202
  Im speechless... That looks absolutely amazing. Well done.

Thank you very much!  It's been fun to participate in head-fi over the years and this has always been one of my favorite threads - it's great to see how people express their love for music!

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #20,366 of 41,202

New apartment setup. Still trying to figure out what is the best place. Here it's better for the genelecs but don't have room for proper listening chair.
Nice setup! Love the Genelecs. Do you have the sub too?

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #20,367 of 41,202
tongue.gif

Awesome rig! I still like cd too. I've always been an album listener. I've spent 20 years in the music business and I'm old school in thinking that a song is only a piece of the greater whole. To me, concept album or not, the album as a whole represents a specific chapter for the band. My wife's ipod is perpetually on shuffle. Drives me nuts.
tongue.gif

Completely agree, sir. I like to think that the album as a whole is an artistic expression and intended to be listened to from start to finish or as in a book from front to back.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #20,368 of 41,202
Completely agree, sir. I like to think that the album as a whole is an artistic expression and intended to be listened to from start to finish or as in a book from front to back.
I've worked on many albums and know first hand that most bands are either decidedly emphatic or labor intensely over the song order. Either way there is much thought put into it. Then at the at the mastering session, often much thought is put into how much space is between songs. Sometimes its a tempo thing. Sometimes its a feel thing.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #20,370 of 41,202
  Nah. I don't really need a sub for them. When I want more bass I'll just turn around.

Very early work in progress pic.

That's really nice. When my daughter goes to college, I am doing something similar with her room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back