Shanling M30 - Concept announcement
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #106 of 386
I think theyre mhssusing the "pro" word, they sont really know thes chinese people what po is really behind. For me pro is for professional use e.g cinema industry cameras vs cybwrahot or pro atudio and stage amps vs a TA-Z1ES
You are Pro Sony.

Dec 8, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #107 of 386
I think theyre mhssusing the "pro" word, they sont really know thes chinese people what po is really behind. For me pro is for professional use e.g cinema industry cameras vs cybwrahot or pro atudio and stage amps vs a TA-Z1ES
I got it. Probably caught on from lots and lots of Window Professional versions. I was just making fun of the situation.

Dec 8, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #108 of 386
Would it be too ridiculous to ask for discrete R2R? :ksc75smile:
It makes me wonder how difficult it would be to adapt AudioGD's R-8 modules into the card- or heck, even ask AGD to make a module for this!
Shanling software + Audio-GD Dac/(Chord, maybe? We should convince those guys to make a Mojo (~300)/Hugo(~1000)/Dave(~4000) module for this thing) + THX-888 + Korg sounds like Heaven-Made Endgame.:floatsmile:

You know what? Let's go all out and convince dCS and/or Rockna to join the modular rap!

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #109 of 386
I'm drooling over this indeed!! I'll be completely sold if Shanling can produce this at around 1/4 of the DMP-Z1 price. It's definitely full featured though, so that might be on the tough side. I'm looking forward to more news on this. :)

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #111 of 386
Dec 8, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #112 of 386
I'm drooling over this indeed!! I'll be completely sold if Shanling can produce this at around 1/4 of the DMP-Z1 price. It's definitely full featured though, so that might be on the tough side. I'm looking forward to more news on this. :)

That’s going to be tough though. The DMP-Z1 is actually very very good. It competes very well against top class desktop components/separates.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #113 of 386
That’s going to be tough though. The DMP-Z1 is actually very very good. It competes very well against top class desktop components/separates.

Yeaap dmp and chord dave , the holy grail of headfi )

Dec 8, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #114 of 386
I'm so happy to see such great response to our M30. It's still quite early to judge it, components can change, it will take few months to have it ready.

Firstly, i see lot of people talking about this as DAP.

This is not a portable player, it's definitely desktop unit.

Measurements of current prototype 26 x 21 x 4.5 cm.Weight is not set and will depend on the battery pack.

Price? Not set yet and will depend on which modules you will get. But wouldn't expect it lower than 2K USD.

Even as someone not invested in the DAP and portable audio scene, this device looks interesting and exciting

This is definitely desktop unit, far from portable audio.

Interesting concept. I suggest allowing the touchscreen module to swivel up.

Screen that can be tilted up sounds like great idea!

They left out one thing - coffee cup warmer module....

Well, not everybody will need that special Wireless adapter and we also have one empty slot on side....

just remove the android :p

We plan to have version available with simplified non-Android system.

Agree for the Screen to swivel-up. Also may I suggest some seriously BIG internal memory or ... 2 (or even 3 ) microSD slots instead of 1.

With internal memory, you are often either giving people not enough, or forcing them to pay for space they don't need. We prefer this approach, giving people USB ports to connect whatever drives they already have.

I read you mentioned streaming , hmmm streaming other than qobuz doesn't offerthe best SQ, spoty, deezer and amazon use lossy codecs that max out at 320kbps. Tidal uses MQA which truncates to 17 bits thereforr also lossy.

I stay with my standalone library of flac, Hi-res and DSD. The only purpose i isestreaming ist to preview an album, if i like it, thwn i buy the flac/DSF/(SA)CD

People are chasing high-end Audio, yet our most requested streaming platform is Spotify.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 8, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #115 of 386
If Shanling can do it for $3k then it will be awesome!

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #117 of 386
Dec 8, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #119 of 386
I guessed it, it is intended to unify desktop gears, but why do you need battery for desktop design?

For cleaner power. Red Wine Audio amongst others have gone this way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back