Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 14, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #4,217 of 4,807
I think the same.

Why risk it? There are some really good fakes out there. Even if they are real, you'll always wonder if you were wrong...

May 17, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #4,219 of 4,807
I am happy with my Azla SednaEarfit Max on my IE900.

x2 on the Earfit Max. I just went through a round of tip rolling and found that for me, the Max is not just more comfortable, but tamed some of the peakiness in the 7-8kHz and made a better fit in my ear canals for tighter and lower bass. (for reference, I'd been using the Xelastic's for the last year).

I never quite completely enjoyed the IE900's until now—and now, I'm quite happy with them.

I'd also be interested in the Sennheiser custom tips if they were to wide launch them out of their pilot.

May 17, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #4,220 of 4,807
x2 on the Earfit Max. I just went through a round of tip rolling and found that for me, the Max is not just more comfortable, but tamed some of the peakiness in the 7-8kHz and made a better fit in my ear canals for tighter and lower bass. (for reference, I'd been using the Xelastic's for the last year).

I never quite completely enjoyed the IE900's until now—and now, I'm quite happy with them.

I'd also be interested in the Sennheiser custom tips if they were to wide launch them out of their pilot.
I'm looking at Amazon and not sure which to order. Which ones do you guys use?

May 17, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #4,221 of 4,807
I'm looking at Amazon and not sure which to order. Which ones do you guys use?
The ones I use are the Azla SednaEarFit Max. The link are the M/ML/L size set. You'll have to figure out which size will work best for your ear canals. I did that by measuring the tips I have that I know fit. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #4,225 of 4,807
Sorry to hear about this. Yes you can. The packaging is not required, just the product.
Hi there, unfortunately I had the same problem as the poster here that you replied to. Meaning, my left driver just stopped working. I had mine for just about two years now. Sadly here where I live (Iran) I have no access to a local dealer or anywhere that can do a repair job. I wonder if there is anything that I can personally do to make it work, I know it's a long shot 😊. Or where is the closest location to me to repair them for me? .Thank you.

May 21, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #4,226 of 4,807
Been doing some extended listening over the past 2 weeks of the IE900 now fit with the SednaEarFit Max's via the Mojo 2, and I have to say I've been really delighted.

I always thought the IE900's were good, but never great and I've had them since I received my pre-order from launch. I always found their lower/mid-treble a bit too forward for continued use, despite enjoying the slam, punch, mids, and coherency of these IEM's. Two things changed to make the IE900's now something I enjoy completely enough to feel like I'm not totally missing out by not listening through my main listening rigs—FINALLY an eartip that fits well, is comfortable, and tames the treble peak and the Chord Mojo 2.

With these tips, I feel the IE900's are somewhere between a very well driven HD600's (one of my main rigs) and the HD800's (but with bass and slam). They're a joy now to use for hours while at my work desk. They're incredibly fun to use for movies and shows. The Star Wars shows like Mandalorian, Andor, Book of Boba Fett, etc. are mastered for a wider dynamic range than most shows. The audio design is more well crafted than a lot of sci-fi out there. With the IE900's and Mojo 2, dialogue is clear and very intelligible. Adjusting the volume to a comfortable dialogue for quiet scenes means massive slam for busy space or ground combat scenes.

Right now I'm listening to well-executed recordings done at Davies Symphony Hall and the Paris Philharmonic where I'm familiar with from attending live concerts, and the IE900's is presenting the coherence and uniqueness of each hall and very wide dynamic range of these recordings in a very impressive way (plus a bit extra slam and bass than IRL). When these recordings are played through a lesser presentation, they sound like a recording. To me, with the IE900's in this config, I'm not thinking about the gear and just enjoying the music (which was never the case before for me with the IE900's).

Color me impressed. Anyways, a spell later and now with the right tips and source feeding it, I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

IEM's are definitely a hard thing since the tips make such an impact to the experience and everyone's ear canals are different. Getting it wrong, as I did for so long, can leave a lesser impression of an otherwise very capable and scalable set. Getting it right can be transformative.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #4,227 of 4,807
I received mine yesterday as a treat to myself after a year of being delighted with my equalized IE300 (and it just happens to be 10 years since I bought the original IE800 back in 2013, so it's been a nice tribute to the 7mm XMB driver, all things considered).

The metal construction is major improvement compared to the IE300, plus I find the cable slightly more comfortable (and it's nice to see three pairs included this time).

As for the rest of the experience I would rate as identical or almost identical to the IE300, both in terms of sound and comfort.

Speaking of sound, I say the same as with the IE300, the stock sound signature is barely above mediocre and doesn't do any justice to the potential of the driver, and while I deeply respect the diversity of opinions in this hobby, I feel a little sorry for people who settle with rolling sources, cables or tips expecting big sonic changes and fail to hear what this Sennheiser line with parametric EQ is capable of.

After I applied the typical Harman preset (from oratory1990 in this case) with a few personal adjustments to match my HRTF, I came across with this using the stock medium silicon tips:

1685000883841.png

Now we're talking, I managed to achieve almost the same sound signature as my equalized IE300s (which took me days of experimentation using AutoEQ as a base) in just a few hours and with minimal adjustments, improved the sound completely in every single aspect.

So as value proposition, I must say the IE900 sucks since you can get practically the same comfort and sound (with and without EQ) with the IE300, but here I am, keeping them because I love the form factor, the design, construction and Sennheiser as a brand.

A few shots I made quickly yesterday:

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #4,228 of 4,807
I received mine yesterday as a treat to myself after a year of being delighted with my equalized IE300 (and it just happens to be 10 years since I bought the original IE800 back in 2013, so it's been a nice tribute to the 7mm XMB driver, all things considered).

The metal construction is major improvement compared to the IE300, plus I find the cable slightly more comfortable (and it's nice to see three pairs included this time).

As for the rest of the experience I would rate as identical or almost identical to the IE300, both in terms of sound and comfort.

Speaking of sound, I say the same as with the IE300, the stock sound signature is barely above mediocre and doesn't do any justice to the potential of the driver, and while I deeply respect the diversity of opinions in this hobby, I feel a little sorry for people who settle with rolling sources, cables or tips expecting big sonic changes and fail to hear what this Sennheiser line with parametric EQ is capable of.

After I applied the typical Harman preset (from oratory1990 in this case) with a few personal adjustments to match my HRTF, I came across with this using the stock medium silicon tips:

1685000883841.png

Now we're talking, I managed to achieve almost the same sound signature as my equalized IE300s (which took me days of experimentation using AutoEQ as a base) in just a few hours and with minimal adjustments, improved the sound completely in every single aspect.

So as value proposition, I must say the IE900 sucks since you can get practically the same comfort and sound (with and without EQ) with the IE300, but here I am, keeping them because I love the form factor, the design, construction and Sennheiser as a brand.

A few shots I made quickly yesterday:

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg
Did you ever change the tips?

May 31, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #4,230 of 4,807
Did you ever change the tips?
After some tip rolling, the tips that works best for me, providing me an optimal seal and the best sound performance is the SpinFit W1. I am using the medium size. In terms of the cable, I did try the ddHiFi BC130B (Air Nyx) OCC Cable and did not notice a significant difference. If anything, the bass on the stock cable has slightly more punch. I am sticking to the stock cable!

Loving the IE900!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back