Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #4,803 of 4,836
Thank you very much for your answers. If there are Fiio m11 pro users, I ask them to write a comment. Thank you.

The M11 Pro is a very solid DAP with plenty of power. I have IE600 and it sounds great. I actually prefer the M11 Pro to the M11 Plus ESS that I also have.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #4,805 of 4,836
The m11 Pro is a very capable portable player. It's a little dated in the operating system and I find it slow to operate. But it will sound more than adequate with almost all IEMs, including the IE900. It has the typical AK house sound and 500mW (balanced) output at 32 ohms.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #4,807 of 4,836
I too had a bad experience attempting to get a repair from Sonova. One of the mmcx sockets has a broken pin. Wrote a note saying I would pay out of pocket if needed. Sent them the IEMs and about a week later, I received an email that I needed to send in “the rest” of the IEMs. So I sent them the cable as well. After sending the cable 2 days later, I received the still damaged IEMs with a note saying they never heard from me re: sending them the cable, which is obviously not true. I am convinced “Sonova” is short for Sonovab*tich-you’re-screwed.

So where/how does one get an MmCX socket replaced?

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #4,808 of 4,836
So i ordered the ie900 directly from Sennheiser, refurbed for 950e as i dont really care if its gonna be brand new or like new as long as it will be covered by 2 years of warranty.
They will be delivered on Tuesday and im quite excited to try them.

Im really curious how they will compete against my beloved Softears Twilight and Monarch Mk2.

Last year i got an opportunity to get in my possession a couple of highly hyped iems like Mest 2, u12t, Meteor, u4s, Xelento 2 and some more and ended up with the Twilight as my main daily driver (sold the u12t after 2 weeks of an extensive comparisons with the Twilight) and Monarch 2 when i want a more analytical session with music.

I dont really believe in sources as something that has big impact on sound but i can hear some small differences between them when pairing with more revealing and sensitive iems. Did someone try the ie900 with the AK sp1000 or IBasso Elite?

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #4,809 of 4,836
So my ie900 journey has a new "page" unfolding.....

Sennheiser returned my ie900. And forgot to send back one of my units.

See below,
I only got back the mmcx-failed Left unit w/ the black ring. The working red ringed unit is no where to be seen:
20240410_152305.jpg

To make it even more of an epic story. Look at this reused paper I got as their report. The more you look at it, the more you find. Top left is grease stains. Oh my....
20240410_152351.jpg

They have my Red-right working unit in a ziplock bag....lost in their warehouse somewhere.
As a possible future ie900 owner (if I like them enough) i find this service shocking and appalling! Even Linsoul doesnt treat their customers this way and there is a lot to complain about.
Man please report when you get this sproblem sorted out.
For me its a red light and i will seriously consider whether to jump on this train at all.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #4,810 of 4,836
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #4,811 of 4,836
just ordered these, thanks for the recommendation.
Currently using the Tripowin Amber and although it's good, the connection to the earphones is not as secure as I'd like, the cable tends to separate under moderate pressure.
That is true. The Amber does not make a secure connection in one of the earpieces. I think the tolerances are not that high (understandable for a mass produced item). I have already returned two from Amazon. After hearing about these pathetic after sales support of Sonova, ordered one from ScandiSound on etsy.

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #4,812 of 4,836
As a possible future ie900 owner (if I like them enough) i find this service shocking and appalling! Even Linsoul doesnt treat their customers this way and there is a lot to complain about.
Man please report when you get this sproblem sorted out.
For me its a red light and i will seriously consider whether to jump on this train at all.

My problem is still ongoing. They seem to have lost my item, but wont admit it. And are trying to stubbornly convince me to buy one with a offensively small discount.......of which I could probably buy a used one for less......

So I am stuck at limbo, do I proceed with the discount, or just give up and just buy used ones from a person online.

I cant believe they are trying to profit off my problem with the price they've given me. They should atleast sell it at a sensible price that is closer to their profit margins. Plus they did lose my piece as well; they did do me bad as well.....

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #4,813 of 4,836
My problem is still ongoing. They seem to have lost my item, but wont admit it. And are trying to stubbornly convince me to buy one with a offensively small discount.......of which I could probably buy a used one for less......

So I am stuck at limbo, do I proceed with the discount, or just give up and just buy used ones from a person online.

I cant believe they are trying to profit off my problem with the price they've given me. They should atleast sell it at a sensible price that is closer to their profit margins. Plus they did lose my piece as well; they did do me bad as well.....

Honestly, I'd consider taking them to small claims. Only costs $50 in the state of MI for the value of the IEM, and they're unlikely to show up.

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #4,814 of 4,836

Don't buy used unless you trust the seller, too many very good fakes around, also consider the possibility that the seller you trust believes they are selling a genuine IEM too.

What was the other option, discount, yes I'd chose that one or just buy another new set from a Sennheiser dealer.

3rd option is of course to just go for something different altogether.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #4,815 of 4,836
It's my recollection that there's a Sennheiser representative present in this forum. Given the concerning reports regarding customer service experiences in this community, I sincerely hope that they can provide us with valuable insights and solutions to address these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back