Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #4,772 of 4,817
If the MMCX pin just needs some reshaping and doesn't need to be replaced, a local electronics repair shop could probably take care of that for you.

The part on the iem-side that hugs the pin sticking out from the cable-side fell off. :frowning2:

So not just bent.

No idea how to fix that. Somehow remove the mmcx port and replace it, but does this iem disassemble?

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #4,773 of 4,817
No idea how to fix that. Somehow remove the mmcx port and replace it, but does this iem disassemble?
Well its broken so you have nothing to lose. :wink:

If it were me I'd have a go, if only to have a look inside, I've been doing that since I was 10 years old or so with varying levels of success, who am I kidding its just a step towards the bin. 🤣

Use heat on the nozzle near where it joins the body of the IEM and it may just put apart, or it may be threaded and unscrew, I'm not sure.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #4,774 of 4,817
So my ie900 journey has a new "page" unfolding.....

Sennheiser returned my ie900. And forgot to send back one of my units.

See below,
I only got back the mmcx-failed Left unit w/ the black ring. The working red ringed unit is no where to be seen:
20240410_152305.jpg

To make it even more of an epic story. Look at this reused paper I got as their report. The more you look at it, the more you find. Top left is grease stains. Oh my....
20240410_152351.jpg

They have my Red-right working unit in a ziplock bag....lost in their warehouse somewhere.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #4,775 of 4,817
So my ie900 journey has a new "page" unfolding.....

Sennheiser returned my ie900. And forgot to send back one of my units.

See below,
I only got back the mmcx-failed Left unit w/ the black ring. The working red ringed unit is no where to be seen:

To make it even more of an epic story. Look at this reused paper I got as their report. The more you look at it, the more you find. Top left is grease stains. Oh my....

They have my red right in a ziplock back....lost in their warehouse somewhere.
Incredibly bad support from Sennheiser here. How are they going to request a faulty product be sent to them, only to immediately send it back saying "Sorry, out of warranty, nothing we can do about it". On top of that, losing the working earpiece! What a joke modern Sennheiser support, or should I say Sonova, has become. I hope this works out in your favor.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #4,777 of 4,817
Wow, incredibly bad. As much as I love the IE 900, I'd say any new prospective buyer should take note of this.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #4,778 of 4,817
^^That is an embarrassment to the Sennheiser brand. Hopefully, repairs for the HE-1 are not handled in a similar fashion. Could you imagine if you sent your iPhone (which is probably cheaper than the IE900) to Apple for repair and you got it back in that condition?!

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #4,779 of 4,817
@ericpalonen could you chime in?? This is terrible after sales support from a brand like Sennheiser.

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #4,780 of 4,817
AET-07 and 08 arrived. I realize now that they don't have ear wax guards. Thus far I am impressed with them, but I am concerned about getting wax in the nozzles. Um. So I have a disgusting question. How do you get wax out of the nozzle should it happen?

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #4,781 of 4,817
AET-07 and 08 arrived. I realize now that they don't have ear wax guards. Thus far I am impressed with them, but I am concerned about getting wax in the nozzles. Um. So I have a disgusting question. How do you get wax out of the nozzle should it happen?

Hopefully you get it out before it cakes on, with that brush and pick some IEM companies usually hand out for free.

If it looks like something that will push in deeper if you pick at it, then you need to buy a Hearing Aide Vacuum to suck it up rather than brush it off. The hearing aide vacuum looks like a blunt needle which you can place over the problem area and suck things up.

But all this only works if you manage to catch it before things cake on hard.

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #4,783 of 4,817
These are really really laid back. I don't know what I was expecting, but I love how chill these are.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #4,785 of 4,817

Users who are viewing this thread

Back