Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Dec 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #586 of 817
Well after listening all day with the comply inserts I can say the fit is very good... I'm not happy about the rolloff in the highs however compared to the stock double flanges. I found an amazing workaround though that gives you the sound and isolation of a double flange insert with the comfort of a comply, just decore the comply and slip the large single flanges over them. compess the comply foam and enjoy...

I found this combination to give the best sound quality, comfort, and isolation BY FAR...

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #588 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what does decore mean?

by decore I mean take the rubber tube out of the comply's and then slide the single flanges over it...

You essentially should end up with a rubber coated comply. I would take a picture but I don't have a camera. I am amazed at the difference in sound quality after doing this.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #589 of 817
You were right. I just modded it the same way and the sound is amazing. I have a question though. When putting the large single flange tips on top of the decored comply tip, did you put it on the back of the tip where you would normally slip the comply tip on? cuz when I was trying to put the single flange tip over the comply tip, it wouldn't fit and would easily slip off, so I had to put it on the back end. Now I have no problems with it. Thanks for the tip!
dt880smile.png

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #590 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were right. I just modded it the same way and the sound is amazing. I have a question though. When putting the large single flange tips on top of the decored comply tip, did you put it on the back of the tip where you would normally slip the comply tip on? cuz when I was trying to put the single flange tip over the comply tip, it wouldn't fit and would easily slip off, so I had to put it on the back end. Now I have no problems with it. Thanks for the tip!
dt880smile.png

Yea you put it on the back end.... I told you it sounds great
atsmile.gif

I recommend everyone that has a pair of compys should try this. You may be pleasantly suprised with the results...

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #591 of 817
agreed. It gives the best isolation and comfort without sacrificing sound quality. With all of the other tips, I found that they were missing one of those aspects. The ebay tips gave very little isolation. The stock single flange tips were too shallow. The double flange stock tips gave great sound but were too uncomfortable. The comply t-400s were the most comfortable but completely ruined the soundstage.

Now with the decored comply's, I finally found what I was looking for. Everyone with comply's should definitely try this.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #592 of 817
I find the stock medium single flange to fit amazing for me. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have not tried T400's yet, but may try them w/ the mod in hopes of improving the isolation.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #593 of 817
Um,where is the serial number located on this package?
All I see are 2 barcodes with the letters EAN and UPC...

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #594 of 817
Got my custom tips yestersday and so far I'm loving them. The bass is definitely improved (deeper and punchier) andthe soundstage seems a tiny bit bigger. Have not noticed any major diff. in the mids and highs. I was on the verge of selling them bcos of the relatively poor isolation but now I'm pretty satisfied
icon10.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #595 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingreason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the stock medium single flange to fit amazing for me. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have not tried T400's yet, but may try them w/ the mod in hopes of improving the isolation.

Simliar.....After trying all the various options (I hate foam tips) I was surprised how good the large single flage worked for me. The isolation isn't great, but the sound is, no rolled off highs, exceptonal in every way. I just don't wear them when isolation is a priority. After all the trials, I'd rather get the best sound, and leave the isolation needs to other iem's . I love the way the ie7/8 stay in my ears after looping them over my ears. The lack of isolation is often a good thing. If the music is low, I am at least somewhat aware if what is going on around me. With say, the se530, I am a target since I hear nothing with music playing at moderate levels. The mod won't stay in my ears, the monster turbine pro's come with two sizes of tips, that remind me of the mod, they won't stay in either....I think my canals are oddly shaped.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #599 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingreason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look real to me.

X2

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #600 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2

I plan on getting them then..
I wanted IE8's but they're out of my price range realistically.
What's the most I should pay for these...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back