Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Feb 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #616 of 817
Couple of quick questions about the 7. 1) Do you have to wear the cable around your ears and back of head, or can they be worn straight down like normal? 2)Do these leak a lot of sound? Don't want to be annoying people at work when I wear them (if I get them, think its down to these and the westone um1's). Listen mainly to rock stuff. Oh whats the build quality like as well?

If I get them will be using comply tips with them.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #618 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couple of quick questions about the 7. 1) Do you have to wear the cable around your ears and back of head, or can they be worn straight down like normal? 2)Do these leak a lot of sound? Don't want to be annoying people at work when I wear them (if I get them, think its down to these and the westone um1's). Listen mainly to rock stuff. Oh whats the build quality like as well?

If I get them will be using comply tips with them.

I owned um1 at one point and I have IE7 right now.
For IE7, you can wear them straight down, though it's not designed like this.
Plus it will be awkward to put those on your ear this way.

And no, they don't leak sound, but they don't block the outside noise very well.

They are very well built.

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #619 of 817
i recieved my second pair of IE7's this week

(Thumbs up to Senn customer service, Who replaced my damaged set FOC)

They still sound **** out of the box though, LOL. I've horsed 50hrs of burn into them and they now sound much much better.

I'm back to messing with tips. I'm digging the foamies though, with my old sony dual flanges taking a break.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #620 of 817
CRAP! The IE7 came in today and it came with mitch matched tips. Missing a big double flange and 3 foam tips. The foam tips were the ones I was planning to use!

Do I call Amazon for a return or maybe Senn will just send me extra tips?

So far there is a lot of uncontrolled bass. Going to burn these in for the next few days and see how they open up.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #621 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CRAP! The IE7 came in today and it came with mitch matched tips. Missing a big double flange and 3 foam tips. The foam tips were the ones I was planning to use!

So far there is a lot of uncontrolled bass. Going to burn these in for the next few days and see how they open up.

That sounds very very suspect to me.
There are loads of re-furbs and fakes going round ( I had some myself)

return them, and go for a better seller ( play.com etc)

very very suspect

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #623 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG! I face the same problem! I just bought mine from amazon! What did you do? share with me the solution..?

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #624 of 817
Thanks for reminding me. I have been too busy using the IE7. Since I have been sick the past couple of days I haven't been able to use them so I figure now is the best time to do something about it. I just went over to Amazon's website and requested a return/exchange. It's pretty much free since they provide the return labels. I just need to drop them off at the UPS store.

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #625 of 817
Sigh! What a shame. But I guess I’ll let it be. Hate the trouble to return it to Amazon. However, Amazon they offered me 20% refund though... it's really nice of them. Also sennheiser has been pretty helpful too. =)

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #626 of 817
Well I shipped the IE7 back to Amazon on Tuesday. Amazon said they shipped me another pair on Wednesday via 1 day air. I received them today and I am currently burning them in.

I would take them up on their offer with the 20% and just buy some Shure olives or Sony Hybrids. That is what I would have done if they offered it to me. Save me the time and trouble since now I have to burn these in all over again. The only reason I complained is due to the missing foam tips which I like the most.

Thumbs up to Amazon though for giving me great customer satisfaction. I thought I was going to have to wait until they received the original pair before they ship out a new one. They surprised me by not only shipping it out the next day but upgraded shipping with next day air.

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #627 of 817
Well I can now attest to the durability of these things. I was in the supermarket last night, and stepped on my right earpiece by accident... When I take them out temporarily while attached to the iPod in the outer pocket of my bag, I put the earpieces end in the opposite pocket of my pants and they fell out. I didn't notice they were dragging on the floor when I stepped on it, I may have even done it twice since I thought I'd stepped on some pebble or something. I was really bummed when I first noticed since I finally had these babies burnt in. But it ended up with only a minor dent in the nozzle - it sounds fine!

I would maybe try a warranty exchange but I don't want to go through the burn-in period again.
wink_face.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #628 of 817
I received my IE7's a few days ago and is it me or do all of the supplied tips give a poor fit?

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #629 of 817
As with all IEMs, different people are going to have better fits with certain IEMs than with others. For myself, I have a much better fit with my IE7s (one ear canal is much smaller than the other so I use a different size tip on each ear) than I did with UEs, others find it the opposite.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #630 of 817
I recently got a pair of IE7s off ebay and I'm really happy with the sound quality from these phones thus far. I think I've only used these for about 15 hours, but vocals sometimes sound really odd, especially when combined with the upper treble, as the sound becomes distorted. I'm not sure if this will improve with more burn in time.

On the side note, my package was missing a few tips even though it did not look like it was opened before. The only tips that I would fit me were the largest single flange ones so I am looking to get some other ones. What are some compatible tips that work with these? Are the comply t-400 tips similar to the foam tips included with the package? (mine was missing one so I can't really try them out...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back