Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Nov 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #556 of 817
I got my IE7s from eCost yesterday. I really like them, especially after 10-15 hours of burn-in with pink and white noise. My only complaint is that the jack is not gold plated! I find that turning it in my iPhone will cause the sound to change immensely. Anyone else have this problem? Aside from that, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #557 of 817
I also noticed right away that the plug was not gold-plated, as many less expensive IEM's feature this. I don't know why Sennheiser decided not to, but I doubt it makes a very big difference. The electrical resistivity of gold is nearly the same as aluminum, which is what I would guess the plug is coated with. (or some Al-alloy)

Turning the plug in my Samsung players produces no change in sound at all. Must be the iPhone jack. Can you try it with other headphones? If it is the IE7 plug, you might want to examine it for surface irregularities or contact Sennheiser about it.

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #558 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my IE7s from eCost yesterday. I really like them, especially after 10-15 hours of burn-in with pink and white noise. My only complaint is that the jack is not gold plated! I find that turning it in my iPhone will cause the sound to change immensely. Anyone else have this problem? Aside from that, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

hmm... I don't have such problem with mine.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #559 of 817
Quote:

just got mine from eCost as well, and noticed the same thing with my iTouch 2G. I tried them with my amp and laptop though, and there is no distortion. Really weird. Must be something with Apple.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #560 of 817
When I first got the IE7s they did the same thing (using my iphone, MacBook Pro, and Total AirHead as a source). After wiping the jack down with my shirt and a few hours of use the crackling and distortion stopped. When I had the IE8s, it was the same situation.

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #561 of 817
I just got my FiiO E3 to use with my Sennheiser IE7. I know some people here say that is not necessary with the IE7, but it was so cheap and provided a much needed volume boost. It pretty much saved the IE7 for me. I really like the sound signature now. Also to those who suggested to buy the eBay double flanges, great choice, much better than the tips provided with the IE7. Now waiting for the UE Super 5 pro tips and the Sony tips to arrive.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #562 of 817
I started using the tips that came with my Skullcandy, and not only they fit me perfectly, but provide much more isolation than any other tip. Is strange taht for a company that spent that much money on headphones, they provide such crappy tips, especially for earphones that are so dependant on tips for sound.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #563 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinnievidi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I first got the IE7s they did the same thing (using my iphone, MacBook Pro, and Total AirHead as a source). After wiping the jack down with my shirt and a few hours of use the crackling and distortion stopped. When I had the IE8s, it was the same situation.

Had the same thing with my iPod Classic, I blew some compressed air into the jack hole of the iPod and the problem went away.

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #566 of 817
Quote:

I have the same problem on my Sony S638f

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #569 of 817
well i think after searching i am down to choosing between these and UE superfi 5 pros. its so difficult to choose.

has anyone here heard both and can tell me which you think would be better for me? I mainly listen to jazz and some hip hop and would be plugging these directly into my itouch. any help is appreciated.

EDIT: i am also looking for good isolation and comfort that i can wear for hours on end without feeling them being there. currently have senn cx300s and think it is time for an upgrade.

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #570 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeusAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am also looking for good isolation

The IE7 doesn't isolate very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back