Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #331 of 817
no wind whistling what so ever with foam sleeve and no wind noise with the silicon sleeves when music is playing. Great earphone, needs tons of burn in, otherwise it will sound like a sub $50 out of the box.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #332 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no wind whistling what so ever with foam sleeve and no wind noise with the silicon sleeves when music is playing. Great earphone, needs tons of burn in, otherwise it will sound like a sub $50 out of the box.

did you perform a fan test?

Methodology:

1. put IE7s on ears
2. put face infront of fan and rotate head to see if whistling can be heard

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #333 of 817
Quote:

it sounds definitely better than any $50 iem out of the box, it sounded even better(musically) than my previous er6i :p

i am sort of used to the sound now but it has been collecting dust as of lately because my iphone had been summoned by my girl friend and i am out of mp3 player -_-'

without the music though, it does show IE7 isn't good at isolation.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #334 of 817
Today I completed my IE7 rig.

Ipod Classic 120 -> LOD -> FIIO E5 -> IE7 with custom earpieces.

I can't stop listening to it. The Bassboost of the E5 is really what the IE7 needs to be perfect for me. Radioheads "Last flowers to the hospital" is just awsome to listen to. The vocals are great......think i'm in portable audio heaven now......

I will post some pictures in the portable rig thread soon.

moerk

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #335 of 817
Mine sound decent out of the box, i can hear the potential these have very smooth. I cant wait to hear how they sound when burned in. So far im very pleased with the design and fit they seem to be a very high quality build.

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #336 of 817
any trusted sellers on E-Bay for IE7/8???

Getting anything is a PITA in Ireland (play.com do not ship to Irish addresses)

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #337 of 817
Wow I just pop open my ie7!!! All I found was a 10mm driver and nothing else!!! The driver is connected by a green wire and a copper wire. I wonder if I got a fake, but sound too good to be a fake. It just look so empty inside. I will post some picture of the inside, but don't know how to. I am new to head fi. The shell was easily popped back in place.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #339 of 817
Hello, here are some pictures of my open sennheiser ie7, I am wondering if they are genuine because they looks so empty inside the casing. please give feedback. Thank you

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #340 of 817
Quote:

Hello, here are some pictures of my open sennheiser ie7, I am wondering if they are genuine because they looks so empty inside the casing. please give feedback. Thank you

they look real.....

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #341 of 817
I aquired a REAL pair of IE7's from the airport
ksc75smile.gif

First impressions:

*Box is a PINA to open
*Very well made
*Nice package
*Comfortable
*Good range of tips (i like the medium double's)
*Shirt clip is good
*Can be PITA if you need to constantly pull them out of your ears
*Light
*Good looking??

Sonically:
*They sound shocking out of the box. but audibly improve on the fly within the hour
*Require a little more amplification(volume) than my denons
*The ipod hiss lost when using my Mini^3 with the Denons has returned
*Sound constantly improves with use (christ, they were ***** out of the box)
*The earphone transmits Lots and Lots of information (difficult to describe)
*A very "complete" and "structured" sound
*Immersive and engaging, almost fun?
*Agree 100% with Marks comments, very easy to listen to
*Wonderfull seperation of instruments, lots of air around each
*Structured bass (my first time hearing bass tone!!)
*Very reavealing of source, i am amazed at the amount of clipping i am hearing in recordings, and they love high bit rate, can be a bit too revealing on low bit rate recording.
* a big improvement on the denons.

In summary, a very engaging, emotive, enjoyable, non fatiguing, detailed sound

I was stood in Heathrow airport, 2 hours after screwing them into my ears.
I must have looked a right nut, given that i caught myself agog, open mouthed, staring blankly at the terminal wall, whilst utterly immersed in Fleetwood Mac's " the chain" (lossless through a Mini^3)
I felt like i was actually listening to the band playing about 2ft outside my head. Jeysus, amazing.
I'm picking up little nuances (like Stevie mcvie breathing whilst playing the chain riff) that aere never there before.

If they get better for another 100 hours i'm in for a treat.

I've no idea if they are value for money or, if they are better than other simillarly priced phones, but i highly recommend them.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #342 of 817
I do agree they have a very smooth sound that is hard not to keep on listening to them. I am wondering if any other head fier have open up their ie7. Is really easy in my opinion , just use your thumb and push towards the wire side of the earphone (the non pointy side). Then stick your finger nail in side the crack the slide it around. The whole back piece should come out Nicely and it could be easily popped back in place. Opening the earphone have two advanges, first you could really clean out the dust, secondly since there is so much empty space inside one could come up a mod for it. If any of you head fier open it up, please post pictures

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #344 of 817
please let me know if the driver looks genuine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back