Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 31, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #301 of 817
My Sennheiser IE7s finally arrived! The sound isn't fantastic yet, but of course its only had about 6 hours of burn-in. Its currently a slight improvement over my Creative EP-630s; there's a bit more detail but the overall sound isn't too different. I'm hoping that will change over time and from the first-hand accounts, they definitely will!

I'm currently on the large foam pair. I'm hearing good things about the medium double flange, so I'll try them more! Are the Sony Hybrid tips really much better?

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #302 of 817
i like the ebay double flanged, widen the already wide sound stage

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #303 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubercolios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sennheiser IE7s finally arrived! The sound isn't fantastic yet, but of course its only had about 6 hours of burn-in. Its currently a slight improvement over my Creative EP-630s; there's a bit more detail but the overall sound isn't too different. I'm hoping that will change over time and from the first-hand accounts, they definitely will!

I'm currently on the large foam pair. I'm hearing good things about the medium double flange, so I'll try them more! Are the Sony Hybrid tips really much better?

I was in the same boat when i received my IE8's - having listened to EP-630's for years i was kind of disappointed that the Sennheisers didn't really sound that much better and was wondering if they're really worth the extra £170. But as i'm, sure you've read, give them a couple weeks and they really start to shine!

I actually got a pair of those medium double flange tips today and i would definately recommend them. Due to the housing on the IE7/8 - they tend to sit quite close to your inner ear - the double flange tips give an extra 1cm or so distance which improves comfort and widens the already massive sound stage.

Anyways, congrats on your purchase and let us know if you end up getting the hybrid tips - i might order some too!

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #304 of 817
I won my sennheiser IE7s on ebay, the guy spelt sennheisser wrong so it was my little secret and I got them for 160AU, today they turned up and first impressioins are "thie is the best set of minis I'll ever need", for a guy like me with my samsung Mp3 with the fiioE5 DST'ed to the back, a little claustrophobic, maybe thats to be gotten used to, but great bass, awesome snare hits from rock bands, I always listen for how the snare cracks in headphones.
So I wonder if its worth pining for the 8s. I reckon I might just be happy with second top for once..like what happened to 650 in the end.
If I get my edirol 24bit player and D10 combo I might look at upgrade.
Still, where's the money for all that?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #305 of 817
I just brought an fiio e5 amp for my ie7, sounds full and have a much punchier bass

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #307 of 817
The ie7 will kick the um1 left and right. No comparsion here. Ie7 hands down

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #309 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, i've seen some people cover the earphones around their ears, do i need to do this?
can't i wear it straightly?
WITHOUT putting it over my ears

No, they are over the ears. You can switch L & R but they stick out at a strange angle...and your music will be reversed!

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #310 of 817
Influence:

Just so you guys are aware, (Especially Mark) your comments do not go unnoticed, nor are you opinions without impact.

I read all of this and the IE8 thread and am now waiting for a pair of (hopefully) genuine IE7 IEMs from Mr x on E-bay.

I love sennheisers, quality and value and really couldnt resist wanting to bite when the IE 6,7,8 came out.

your comments on the IE8 have me persuaded that the IE7's whould be the better choice ('Cause: Cheaper/Teffified of IE8 Bass/More neutral/less fatiguing)

So we'll see. i hope they are good.

TJ

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #312 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the actual full name for the W3 that tsarn was talking about?

what is an amp?

The Westone 3. It's an IEM.

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #314 of 817
It depends on if you can get a proper seal wearing them straight. They aren't made to fit like that, and if you reverse the L and R pieces, it's still not made to be worn that way. Why don't you just wear them the way you are supposed to? It seems like you're just complaining.
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #315 of 817
No, not really, but I don't want them to get stolen or anything, I want to basically be very cautious wearing them like that. They might also steal my NWZ, not knowing it's only a NWZ.

About the AMP, will it still be loud enough WITHOUT them?

I really want to listen to the vocals MOSTLY, vocals are the priority.
Now at full volume with stock apple earphones and at full volume at IE7 on the Ipod, IE7 isolate more sound?

but with all honesty, i think i saw a picture of some sennheiser high end earphone (probably in ear) that they was wearing straightly, i might have to contact them for the extra information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back