Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #316 of 817
I got these on-deal at Newegg but they did not float my boat. Veiled sounding and not a great fit for my ears. The wife *loves* them, so it wasn't a lost cause. My big rig speakers and primary headphones are e-stats -- these puppies are polar opposites. Not that I expect full blown electrostatic sound in any IEM's but the Ety family sound (or something similarly clear) is a better match for my taste. IE7's don't suck, but just aren't my bag with any genre of music. $99.00 HF5's on the way to replace my dead ER6's. Different price range, but I may give the UM-3X's a go (with UM56).

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #318 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not really, but I don't want them to get stolen or anything, I want to basically be very cautious wearing them like that. They might also steal my NWZ, not knowing it's only a NWZ.

About the AMP, will it still be loud enough WITHOUT them?

I really want to listen to the vocals MOSTLY, vocals are the priority.
Now at full volume with stock apple earphones and at full volume at IE7 on the Ipod, IE7 isolate more sound?

but with all honesty, i think i saw a picture of some sennheiser high end earphone (probably in ear) that they was wearing straightly, i might have to contact them for the extra information.

An iPod will drive the IE7s just fine. If you listen to your iPod at full volume you really are going to damage your hearing, permanently.

What do you mean about being cautious of wearing them over ear? How will that make them any more susceptible to theft?!

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #319 of 817
Well theft is actually stealing something without force, it would be more like robbery.
People will see that I have some good stuff, you know, where I live its happened to me quite a few times.

It doesn't leak like a monster though? It has some isolation inside there, then that will be fine.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #320 of 817
Quote:

Well theft is actually stealing something without force, it would be more like robbery.
People will see that I have some good stuff, you know, where I live its happened to me quite a few times.

It doesn't leak like a monster though? It has some isolation inside there, then that will be fine.

I am completely lost, I am struggling to understand the correlation between wearing IEMs over the ear and having them stolen!!

Listening at normal volumes, there is no leakage as far as I can tell.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #321 of 817
Okay, that's great (normal volumes, lol... could be different between us two, though).

But really, will it do anything wrong to the sound or damage them?

Basically, it's like I'm advertising the earphones, but if I put them from my pocket, underneath my shirt and jacket into my ears, they are much more camouflaged.

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #322 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am completely lost, I am struggling to understand the correlation between wearing IEMs over the ear and having them stolen!!

Listening at normal volumes, there is no leakage as far as I can tell.

LOL. Are you just as confused as I am?
confused_face(1).gif
Wearing them straight, if anything, would be easier to "steal" or whatever than wearing them over the ear.

Quote:

Okay, that's great (normal volumes, lol... could be different between us two, though).

But really, will it do anything wrong to the sound or damage them?

Basically, it's like I'm advertising the earphones, but if I put them from my pocket, underneath my shirt and jacket into my ears, they are much more camouflaged.

It won't do anything wrong to the phone if you listen to it loud, but it will damage your ears if you listen at full volume. IE7s are A LOT louder than the stock iPod earphones.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #323 of 817
Well people here actually do it with serious force, either with groups or you'll encounter someone really strong to shake you off.
You know, all I'm asking if it's possible, I'll still buy it if I can't wear them straight.

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #324 of 817
Quote:

Well people here actually do it with serious force, either with groups or you'll encounter someone really strong to shake you off.
You know, all I'm asking if it's possible, I'll still buy it if I can't wear them straight.

They look more hidden over the ears! Run the cable up the back of your tshirt, then over your ears, you cant even see them. And also....Where in the name of funk do you live? Compton?!

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #325 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just keep burning in, when i first got mine i was mightily disappointed, just kept thinking bugger i should have got the 8's instead. now i listen to the 7's far more than than i do the 8's

I'll give them another try in a few weeks. I think my wife has a new job -- burn-in technician :wink:

The HF5's were delivered today. In terms of sound, fit and microphonics, no doubt about them being pure Ety. Gliders were not included but they are sending them chop-chop. For $99.00 these are a deal. Detailed without having an upward tilt or sibilance. Great bang for the buck even if they ultimately serve as back-ups.

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #326 of 817
lol okay, fine... i give in and i'll do it.

but no disclosed information to where i live ;d

do u think the price will ever go down? because it has been kinda unstable

n i mean permanently go down, coz at such a high price, this is basically an investment

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #327 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubercolios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sennheiser IE7s finally arrived! The sound isn't fantastic yet, but of course its only had about 6 hours of burn-in. Its currently a slight improvement over my Creative EP-630s; there's a bit more detail but the overall sound isn't too different. I'm hoping that will change over time and from the first-hand accounts, they definitely will!

I'm currently on the large foam pair. I'm hearing good things about the medium double flange, so I'll try them more! Are the Sony Hybrid tips really much better?

i find stock tips sound better than hydbrid and the biflanges found online for sony(note, not made from sony) don't fit my ears well to comment on

you should also notice an improvement along the way (pass 100hours the difference begins to lessen for me)

since i am using the box provided by sennheiser(useless big box
frown.gif
), i carry only 3 tips and they are all stocks' still: large bi-flanges (to me has best isolation), M foam(it sounds the best for few seconds when i get the right fit), and large tip(i use most of the time easier to clean up than bi-flanges)

i left the sony hybrid in bag and threw away those ebay bi-flanges for sony in the end

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #328 of 817
Mark2410 or anyone else who knows both IE7 & 8,
there have been lots of comparisons sound wise but I do not believe I saw anything on how these two phones compare comfort/fit wise...which one is better in that respect? It would also be great if there were some pics showing both side by side or even fitted in someone's ear.
(I am still trying to figure out if I really need to spend so much more on the IE8).
Thanks.

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #329 of 817
fit wise the 8 has a longer stalk so the stock tips are more useable and the ebay tips make the 8's stick out a bit more, but i never really tried the other tips on the 8. since id played about so much with tips on the 7 and settled on the ebay biflange ones they were the first i tried on the 8. i tried a few others but fairly quickly put them back on and havent changed since. fit wise i dont think people had any more or less issues with one or the other.

buy the one that has the sound sig ur after, thats easily the biggest thing that separates them

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #330 of 817
hi, I'm about to buy the IE7 but I'm a little concerned about wind noise. I know from past experiences with the Etymotic er-6i had a huge problem with wind noise. Whistling and roaring of the wind could be heard which made listening terrible for me.

Has anyone tried commuting with them and do the the IE7s suffer from wind whistling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back