Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jun 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #346 of 817
thank you for your confirmation, i bet sennheiser spent a lot of money on tuning the driver, but once is set, all they have to do is copy the driver over and over again. I guess the driver it self will cost sennheiser no more than $50 each

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #347 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for your confirmation, i bet sennheiser spent a lot of money on tuning the driver, but once is set, all they have to do is copy the driver over and over again. I guess the driver it self will cost sennheiser no more than $50 each

I think it's more like a few bucks for the driver itself. For all we know, the box costs more to make than the earphones themselves. All in, I seriously doubt the whole product (device, packaging, etc) costs more than $50...

But then again, I know nothing about this..

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #348 of 817
they run a business, businesses are really hard to run, u would think they'd be living off a boat with a making it for a few $s and selling them for $100s, well it's not really like that, I'm kind of busy, but I'll explain the brief, they have plenty of staff to pay (designers, factory workers, executives, etttcc), costs to expand, costs to market, hey... the design itself, with all the material, all the research, time spent (time is money), they spent a lot, it probably cost less then $5, but running a business is high cost and high risk

would go into more detail, but im busy eating food

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #349 of 817
I do understand that running a bussiness in very tough. I am just pointing out that the driver itself cost very little. I do understand tuning and researching does cost a lot.

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #350 of 817
I am wondering if I am the only person in head fi was able to open the ie7. I would really like to confirm if the driver are indeed genuine.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #351 of 817
Quote:

I would really like to confirm if the driver are indeed genuine.

I can't give you absolute proof that your drivers are authentic but I'd like to suggest that their pedestrian appearance may be misleading. They were constructed to sound good not to look good so the fact that they don't sparkle like jewels but rather look like something no better than a cheap knock-off is immaterial. If Sennheiser wanted them to look good they'd make the plastic enclosure see-through.

Resist the paranoia of conspiracy theory. Conspiracies exist but far fewer than we suspect. We evolved to be hyper sensitive to cheaters. It's called a "cheater detection mechanism" by evolutionary psychologists. It tends to make us hyper-vigilant to potential cheaters which can be very advantageous but in your case may be causing you grief that you really don't need. Sorry about the lecture. I've been studying this stuff and it's fresh in my mind.

So if they sound good you should relax and enjoy them.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #352 of 817
Quote:

I do understand that running a bussiness in very tough. I am just pointing out that the driver itself cost very little. I do understand tuning and researching does cost a lot.

$1.00 for the pencil
$999999.00 to know where to put the x

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #353 of 817
well, these IE7's, its an excting trip.

I studied my (recording) clipping a bit as i thought it might be a loose driver, turns out i had the BB on, on the Ipod (oops)

I tried the small foamies today. Holy crap, what a difference!

I struggle to explain the difference, its almost on a mechanical-non sonic level. the soundstage has exploded, the treble/midrange has leapt to the front, bass is tight tight tight, almost feels like i can feel the vibs in my skull.

wonderfull, and they continue to burn in.
with the foamies, i finally get the audiophile buzz.

Jeysus they are good...........

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #354 of 817
Im not sure i buy the whole burn in theory but i do however feel these IEM's need to warm up. I have roughly 20 hours on these and sound really good after they warm up. When i first put them cold they sound really bad but after five or ten minutes later the sound just come alive. Im very happy with the way they sound after they warm up and time will tell if i hear a change in sound through the 200 hours burn in.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #355 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by illini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not sure i buy the whole burn in theory but i do however feel these IEM's need to warm up. I have roughly 20 hours on these and sound really good after they warm up. When i first put them cold they sound really bad but after five or ten minutes later the sound just come alive. Im very happy with the way they sound after they warm up and time will tell if i hear a change in sound through the 200 hours burn in.

I've a few Sennheiser products, HD595, PX100, IE8 & CX300. With the exception of the much maligned CX300, every other had me feeling very underwhelmed at first listen.

I'm sceptical about burn in, but Senns seem to take a little longer than other brands to adjust to. Denon, Crossroads and Sony being my other headphone/earphone references.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #356 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by r@mside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've a few Sennheiser products, HD595, PX100, IE8 & CX300. With the exception of the much maligned CX300, every other had me feeling very underwhelmed at first listen.

I'm sceptical about burn in, but Senns seem to take a little longer than other brands to adjust to. Denon, Crossroads and Sony being my other headphone/earphone references.

Im not in least bit underwhelmed im very satisfied with them. I just feel like people maybe confusing burn in with warming up kinda like warming up a car, when you drive it cold it dosent run as well.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #357 of 817
burn in is not like warming up, burn in is like making a brand new shoe stretches out. at first i don't believe in burn in, but it really does work. I was really disappointed at my sennheiser hd555 fresh, the sound was thin, crackling bass and no openness, after around 200 hour, it was almost a day and night difference for me

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #358 of 817
You've all convinced me to get a pair of ie7.

They will be my first pair of phones that cost over $20.
Look forward to their arrival!

Big thanks to everyone who's been posting their thoughts on them.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #359 of 817
great make sure you fully burn them in

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #360 of 817
I got them and let me tell you, I am pleased (I think).

Kind of makes me think of the potential of the IE8 if I should of bought them.

But anyways, these are like X2 the sound volume of the apple earphones (they are so loud when I'm playing the sound off my tower 3.5mm plug and not my speakers). I don't even use them at the low soundcard volume over 50% on my computer tower.

I put them on (without putting them over my ear, someone said that you can do this on the forum). And damn was the sound the best I ever heard! I could hear things I never heard before, I was using earphones at their lowest price and these are one of the earphones top of their game.

The bass is a lot, but people say it will be controlled, to be honest, it's not that much, compared to a Sony in ear one I had (stock with NWZ). I thought I hate bass, but this is good. The soundstage I think, is really good, I was watching an interview, with my other earphones all I could hear was them talking, but I could hear them taking breathes with the IE7's, swallowing their own saliva, anything that you can hear in real life up close, I could hear!

Another thing is that my original earphones broke, so that was another thing I bought it for (these earphones keep breaking!), these have kevlar cables though.

They are so comfortable too, comparing with me trying other earphones in my ear.

I'm at 6'1, so do you think the medium is right for me? I am scared to mess around with the foams and earplugs.

Ok, I could of sworn I just saw a difference in the time I was listening to this to making this review.

High > lots of isolation, lots of bass
Medium > average bass, average isolation
Low > low isolation, low bass
and comfort levels too right? the decision making for changing earplugs

When watching a video on Youtube, it feels like you're actually there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back