Sennheiser HD439 review
Nov 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 167
So I got this set and I must say I'm pretty disappointed, bass sounds kinda distorted/crap at medium volumes, I thought sennheiser was meant to be good? My first "good" headset purchase and I'm pretty disappointed.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 167
Really?  I tried them today at Futile Shop and I thought they sounded pretty good. Midrange was not as good as the Momentum but the midrange was good on that and the trembles and for the money the 438 is a goodbye in MO.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #23 of 167
So I got this set and I must say I'm pretty disappointed, bass sounds kinda distorted/crap at medium volumes, I thought sennheiser was meant to be good? My first "good" headset purchase and I'm pretty disappointed.

Have you tried burning in them? If not, try burning in them for 40hrs or so.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #24 of 167
Have you tried burning in them? If not, try burning in them for 40hrs or so.

So I left them on last night on listening volume playing into a pillow and I must say I'm much more impressed this morning, also removed maxxaudio from my laptop as the distortion was worse on there and that's better too, I think it messes with the frequencies when it tries to make it sound better for laptops.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #25 of 167
So I left them on last night on listening volume playing into a pillow and I must say I'm much more impressed this morning, also removed maxxaudio from my laptop as the distortion was worse on there and that's better too, I think it messes with the frequencies when it tries to make it sound better for laptops.

Good..are there very warm? I'm looking forward into those :)

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #26 of 167
Good..are there very warm? I'm looking forward into those :)

I think so :) I'm not pro when it comes to sound.

Guys is there any chance what I hear as distortion in the base is my laptop not powering this set properly? How do I know if I would benefit from a portable amp? I plugged them into the headset jack on my logitech speakers and they seem to sound a bit better, what would you recommend?

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #27 of 167
Quote:
I think so
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not pro when it comes to sound.
Guys is there any chance what I hear as distortion in the base is my laptop not powering this set properly? How do I know if I would benefit from a portable amp? I plugged them into the headset jack on my logitech speakers and they seem to sound a bit better, what would you recommend?

It's possible. I've had the 439's for about 3 months now just for work listening using a fiio e10 as a fairly inexpensive setup for a workplace. They definately sound more full amp'd though I'm not convinced it'll get rid of distortion...

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #29 of 167
I think so :) I'm not pro when it comes to sound.

It really depends. Some say by reading the tech specs of it. For HD 439, the impedance is at 32 Ohms and SPL of 112dB. It don't look like it need an amp but I heard pairing with one will help improve the sound. E6 from FiiO + a FiiO L9 canle(if you are using iPod) will do. :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #30 of 167
I called the sennheiser customer service and said their should be no distortion as long as I'm not over driving them and that they can send it in for testing if I need, surely listening volume with a laptop on 50% is not past the threshold of the headphones? Could I just have a dud set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back