Sennheiser HD439 review
Mar 15, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #167 of 167
These sound like a baby HD600 to me , with some added bass, not bad for the cash!

I find this amount of bass - minimum requirement for enjoyment. Does that mean I don't need HD600?
I had these headphones and I don't know why but I really hated the warm sound! I really wanted to like them but I couldn't. 

This sound is not for excitement. It's for prolonged comfortable listening without sacrificing quality and definition. I use HD439 as my everyday cans and something entirely different for knocking myself out.
bass sounds kinda distorted/crap at medium volumes
I had these, and they sounded like utter crap when the volume was turned up. They would distort like crazy, maybe I had a faulty pair, who knows.

These headphones don't like high volume on the whole. THD grows increasingly fast. One more reason not to try to knock yourself out. So if you're slightly deaf, find something more power tolerant.
Have you tried burning in them?

Maybe i'm a little paranoid but they improved over 2 years of work.
For those who want more bass out of these, try this very easy mod

You don't want more bass outa these. They are velour anyway. They lack punch force but not bass itself.
i am interested in a more detailed comparison between 439 and 449 also.

Didn't notice huge difference listening to them at a store. 449 have slightly tighter bass.
are they efficient?

Less than average.
imaging could be a bit more precise also

They are bad choice for competitive gaming. Not enough footsteps.
I have my HD439 at stock too. I just got an HD518 not too long ago and I still find myself reaching for my 439 from time to time.

HD518 is a downgrade for they are lousy piece of sith. Some say you can mod them into HD598 but stock they are awful.
Do you think Sennheiser HD 439  are good for listening to ROCK music off a cellphone or laptop ?

Rock does fine but heavy-brutal-death-black-speed metal may be a bit tough for them to reproduce
I like the HD 439's but the treble is really rolled back.. I just feel the sound is not very "opened" and they lack detail in the mids and treble.. Is there any good alternative from Seenheiser for me, but keeping the amount of bass these have?

Had the same feeling of insufficient upper limit, but after 2 years they seem to have elevated it greatly. They lack some detail in the mids but this is payback for not being irritating.
i just bought my headphone for a few days. The bass on the right seems to have more impact than the left. is this normal or my headphone has problem?
could anyone help me?

Mine had some defect. At 50 hz it was producing resonant noise in the left ear. Thought of RMAing them but over time the defect was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back