Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262?
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #46 of 52
Quote:
I found that out with their Over-Ear cans. I haven't really been reading much on IEMs, just need a good portable rig. If I do get them, I will review. Until then, I'll keep lurking.

Thanks to all that replied.

Exactly. It's like when I sold my Grado SR325i for the SR225i. Price didn't mean anything, to me the SR225i was the better choice

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #48 of 52
You're missing out. They are great headphones, especially for vocals. I find the RE-262's a warm version of my Grados. Up front highs and mids, not a lot on the lowend but enough to keep things sounding good. The IEM's are just a little warmer and less bright. I LOVE my Grados...that's one headphone that I'll die with...others will come and go.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #50 of 52
Grados sound real nice but people either love them or hate them. The sound is definitely not neutral, the design of them is odd and they are pretty uncomfortable(sr225) but the sound is worth it imo. I listen to them when I wanna listen to music with a lot of guitars, no other headphone makes electric guitars sound as good but they are delicate, open and have a long cable so they are only suitable for home use. If you are able to sell your beats I'd definitely recommend trying the sr80is or alessandro ms1s to see if you like the sound.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:
Grados sound real nice but people either love them or hate them. The sound is definitely not neutral, the design of them is odd and they are pretty uncomfortable(sr225) but the sound is worth it imo. I listen to them when I wanna listen to music with a lot of guitars, no other headphone makes electric guitars sound as good but they are delicate, open and have a long cable so they are only suitable for home use. If you are able to sell your beats I'd definitely recommend trying the sr80is or alessandro ms1s to see if you like the sound.

Thanks for the reccomendation. However I believe I finally have a steady source of income, and do not need to sell the Beats in order to afford a pair of headphones. If I do have some "extra" cash laying around, I will try to get a pair of Grados for "experience" reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back