Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262?
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

LosslesslyHope

New Head-Fier
Currently have Dr. Dre Beats. (They were a gift). I was wondering if it would be worth selling them, and buying the headphones mentioned in the title (HiFiMan RE-262). Also, if I could get enough money for the beats to purchase them. They are used, but have 0 signs of being used. Would also be curious on sound improvement, if any. I know these are IEMs, and Beats are On-Ears, but I wouldn't mind the change.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 52
E10 as a portable? I think you're mistaken for either the E11 or E17. And good choice, the RE262 sounds "meh" without an amp. My top choice amps for the RE262 is either the E11 or JDSLabs C421 that I tried with so far.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #10 of 52
Quote:
E10 as a portable? I think you're mistaken for either the E11 or E17. And good choice, the RE262 sounds "meh" without an amp. My top choice amps for the RE262 is either the E11 or JDSLabs C421 that I tried with so far.

Did I type '10'? I meant 11. Sorry, crappy membrane keyboard. And as for the C421, that's currently too expensive.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 52
Quote:
Did I type '10'? I meant 11. Sorry, crappy membrane keyboard. And as for the C421, that's currently too expensive.

Yes, or I misread it haha. Then the E11 is a great choice for you. Also, make sure to pick up an inexpensive Fiio LOD for your Apple product. I always found that the E11 sounds better than the E17.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #13 of 52
Quote:
I already planned to do that. You seem to have everything I want :D. Thank you.

I don't have the RE262, but I have a good amount of experience with it. The RE262 should be quite the step up from the Beats. The only picky thing I found was getting a correct seal with the RE262 because of the limited amount of tips available for use. But once you get a good fit and seal, these should really blow you away, especially in the vocals, which the Beats were non-existent (over-exaggerating)

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

I don't have the RE262, but I have a good amount of experience with it. The RE262 should be quite the step up from the Beats. The only picky thing I found was getting a correct seal with the RE262 because of the limited amount of tips available for use. But once you get a good fit and seal, these should really blow you away, especially in the vocals, which the Beats were non-existent (over-exaggerating)

Ah, I see. I haven't really listened to any other headphones besides these sadly. Apart from my friends ATH-M50s. But I feel like I can tell they are terrible (beats) if that makes sense. I absolutely love vocals, but they sound horrible on them. And now I'm telling my life story. Sorry. Thank you again.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #15 of 52
Quote:
Ah, I see. I haven't really listened to any other headphones besides these sadly. Apart from my friends ATH-M50s. But I feel like I can tell they are terrible (beats) if that makes sense. I absolutely love vocals, but they sound horrible on them. And now I'm telling my life story. Sorry. Thank you again.

They certainly hit you as the under-performing kind of headphone. If it sounds as good as it looks, they certainly have a winner there. But despite that, they failed in my views. Too expensive for nothing. The RE262 should also be considerably "better" than your friends M50. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back