Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,226 of 13,350
these tubes can be a little pricey compared to the little dot tubes ! lol
but i'm finding some good candidates , siemens, telefunken , mullard(i've generally liked mullard in the past)
and various amperex

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #3,227 of 13,350
and just ordered a pair of amperex bugle boys

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #3,228 of 13,350
I finally got around to ordering the Bifrost to replace the sub-par DAC I was using. As I said in my email to Jason at Schiit, "Wow, I'm blown away."

I've been missing out on a ton of resolution for years. These guys know their Schiit. Well done!

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #3,229 of 13,350
Quote:
I finally got around to ordering the Bifrost to replace the sub-par DAC I was using. As I said in my email to Jason at Schiit, "Wow, I'm blown away."

I've been missing out on a ton of resolution for years. These guys know their Schiit. Well done!

i'm ordering a bifrost tomorrow, did you get the uber ?

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3,231 of 13,350
Quote:

To be precise, Mike Moffat knows his Schiit. He's probably forgotten more about digital than, well, pretty much any digital designer out there. I'm the lowly analog guy. We both recoil in horror from each other's domain--I would much rather deal with compensating an amp than working out digital system glitches. And neither of us does what Dave does, who handles the sophisticated software side. 

Thanks for the kind words!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #3,232 of 13,350
Gee, it's almost like you guys intentionally formed a team with complimentary skillsets. What a coincidence!

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #3,234 of 13,350
Hey Jason-

I know it is not a normal part of your operation, and you focus on the amazing technology and products that we all love, but how about making available for purchase some Schiit swag (i.e. t-shirts, hats, etc.)

I, for one, would love to be a walking bill board for your products to show my loyalty and happiness with your products. (and by walking billboard, I mean a 6'4", 50" chest walking around Dallas with a Schiit logo on a shirt would be exactly that)
dt880smile.png

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #3,235 of 13,350
Quote:
Hey Jason-

I know it is not a normal part of your operation, and you focus on the amazing technology and products that we all love, but how about making available for purchase some Schiit swag (i.e. t-shirts, hats, etc.)

I, for one, would love to be a walking bill board for your products to show my loyalty and happiness with your products. (and by walking billboard, I mean a 6'4", 50" chest walking around Dallas with a Schiit logo on a shirt would be exactly that)
dt880smile.png

You mean like these?

http://schiit.spreadshirt.com/

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #3,236 of 13,350
Ok, color me embarrased.  I swear I looked all over the website for these and did not see them.

Oh well..another website fail for me...

confused_face_2.gif

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #3,239 of 13,350
Quote:

Hey imahawki,

Just wanted to ping on this - I went through a similar issue with my Magni last week and finally got things resolved today. After cycling different power placement scenarios (different wall, surge protectors, etc.) and running through nonDAC testing (thought it may be machine noise transfer from my iMac usb source) I eventually found out that it was the Audio Extension Cable I was using! I was going to bypass that soon anyway, just waiting on a surge protector (which came today) to be able to move the M/M into a position on my desk where I wouldn't need it.

I had some buzz on my A2 touching the volume knob, but as eventually I've found out, only when my desk lamp was turned on, even though they were not plugged into the same socket. Anyway, definitely worth experimenting with different walls/cables etc. in such a case :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3,240 of 13,350
just ordered the bifrost, usb, no uber(got a demo from A.A.)
i've head good things about the lyr bifrost combo ! can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back