1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Owners Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hodgjy, Mar 15, 2012.
First

Back
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Next

Last
  1. tuna47
    I have the combo with uber sounds amazing

2. Tuco1965
    I also have the Uberfrost/Lyr combo.  It does sound amazing.

3. tuna47
    What phones I have the 500s goes well with them

4. jaywillin
    Quote:

i have the alessandro ms2 and grado ps500

5. jaywillin
    Quote:

if i keep the bifrost i will definitely get the uber upgrade
    the peachtree is pretty good though

6. Tuco1965
    My 600s sing with great recordings.  Looking forward to a good session this evening.  [​IMG]

7. NightFlight

you could tube roll with a Lyr, or start building a crqack OTL, or S.E.X or BA22. You gotta get your perspective in order. The order says there is no end and it always can be better.

8. peepr
    Looking to upgrade to a Lyr shortly from my Magni to go with my Mad Dogs which I will eventually upgrade to Alpha Dogs when Dan makes the option available.

Tell me this head-fi, is it worth it to upgrade my Modi ---> Bifrost? I do all my listening via computer. Has anyone switched out a modi for the bifrost in a lyr setup and noticed a huge difference?

9. huberd
    I owned the HT Halo Claro. I thought too it would be impossible to have better sound. A friend lent me a Meridian USB DAC. I was blown away by the sound. The improvement is not minor. I then purchased a Gungnir and in the meantime I got the Asgard2. Wow am I amazed at the sound quality. I am glad my friend brought over the Meridian. I realized how bad a PCI sound card really is. 

10. huberd
    I difference should be noticeable. I compared a Modi to the Gungnir and there is no contest. I am using DT990 headphones just in case someone would like to know. The Modi uses an opamp for the output gain stage. Opamps are inferior to discreet components that are used in the Bifrost and Gungnir. 

11. huberd
    What cable did you use to re-cable your DT880 headphones? I would like to do the same for my DT990 and balance them so I can get the Mjolnir in the future. 

12. NightFlight

No, it takes a trained ear to hear. Some care to take this path, others don't. That is the end of the argument.

13. UmustBKidn
    Quote:

Please make sure to produce some in XXXX for me [​IMG][​IMG] lol

14. UmustBKidn
  15. UmustBKidn
    Quote:

My friend, I am not professing ignorance, nor do I wish that upon others. I was simply stating there are many reasons why people do the things they do. Some people are stubborn, but I suppose it is their choice to be stubborn. Some people are stuck in their particular situation in life, and so their choices are limited. Some people choose to be frugal. Why should that upset anyone else?

For those who are unable, it isn't their choice. For those who are unwilling, perhaps it is their choice, and perhaps not. I just don't see the purpose in being mad at them. Perhaps it is the case that they don't realize that they are unable or unwilling, and so argue their positions in that way. All that anger will do to someone in that state is to further solidify their positions.

I am also not advocating relative truth. Facts are facts. But many things in this hobby depend upon perceptions, and those perceptions may change. It is a mistake to argue over perceptions, as if they were facts.

So, yeah. I own a M+M stack, and I really like it. Do I think it's endgame? No. It's what I can afford for now. I will not trouble you with the events in my life that cause me to spend a whole lot more than an M+M stack on my ex wife or kids, but I have priorities. Would you get mad at me for having priorities? Gosh, I hope not.

First

Back
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Next

Last