Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #3,166 of 13,350
Quote:
Just curious when you guys listen to music with your Schiit products do you put the volume high or not too loud and not too low?

Well, on my M+M stack driving Beyer DT770/250 ohm cans, I run my laptop volume at 100%, and my Magni somewhere between 1 to 2 o'clock. I then adjust the volume in whichever app I'm running (iTunes, foobar, Netflix, Hulu, etc). I don't know how that compares to anyone else.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #3,170 of 13,350
Quote:
Because price = sound, my audio salesman told me that.

well how many "giant killers" really exist. not many (any?) that i know of. There are some really good values with certain products sure I won't deny that, but I'm pretty sure the people who make audio gear are aware of how much they can sell stuff depending on how it sounds.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #3,171 of 13,350
Quote:
OMG! I can't believe it, a $500 DAC sounds than a $150 one! Who'd a thunk it?  Some of you folks kill me....

Are the $200 cables gonna make it sound better too?

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,173 of 13,350
Quote:

Are the $200 cables gonna make it sound better too?

LOL...

Quote:

well how many "giant killers" really exist. not many (any?) that i know of. There are some really good values with certain products sure I won't deny that, but I'm pretty sure the people who make audio gear are aware of how much they can sell stuff depending on how it sounds.

Well if we go towards the "cheap" end of the spectrum. A fellow audiophile friend and I were not able to tell the difference between a $40 grubDAC and a $99 Modi. However I will gladly pay an extra $60 for a sexy aluminum case, and a very high q board. You can take a look at my comparo thread if you want a more technical breakdown. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,175 of 13,350
Quote:
Because price = sound, my audio salesman told me that.

You should listen to that wise man!  Most of the time there are actual BETTER quality parts that make a component cost more and those better quality parts usually make for better sound.  Of course this is not ALWAYS true, but mostly it is.  Then you just start getting into which presentation or flavor do YOU prefer.

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #3,176 of 13,350
I think we need a separate "audiophile" forum and then one for the people who can't really hear....

all those poor stupid audiophiles that are being hood winked, it's so sad...
confused.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,179 of 13,350
I don't think it's sad if thye are happy with their purchase.  I may not agree with it but to each his own. It's kind of a silly hobby to begin with 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back