Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #46 of 722
Quote:
The they said they were updating prices on there Site. Will update OP tonight but still, 5 BA fit under 600 dollars
wink.gif

Quote:
Those are $580 on their site. Still cheap.

It's now $680. Lol

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #47 of 722
Quote:

I haven't been there, so no, I haven't tried any of their stuff, but I know who the owner is, and roughly what their connection is with their supplying designers. The new HK/Chinese business model for customs seems to be to centralize design and production, with differentiated products by brand. That way, they can centralize sources for bulk materials such as drivers, sockets, connectors, plugs, cables, etc. Even LEAR, whose production and design are probably separate from those of Rhapsodio and Tralucent, is really a purely 'in-house' endeavor --- they work with a hearing aid/mold company for production. So, in a sense, even customs are now becoming 'ODM/OEMed'.

So you are saying all the CIEM companies in HK/China are actually sharing 1/several designer(s)? That might help explaining the huge number of CIEM manufacturers in HK/China compared to the rest of the world.

Sorry but I don't really get what you meant by 'in house'. My impression was LEAR had their own lab and technicians? Or they are doing a part time job designing for someone else under a different name?

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #48 of 722
Quote:
So you are saying all the CIEM companies in HK/China are actually sharing 1/several designer(s)? That might help explaining the huge number of CIEM manufacturers in HK/China compared to the rest of the world.

Sorry but I don't really get what you meant by 'in house'. My impression was LEAR had their own lab and technicians? Or they are doing a part time job designing for someone else under a different name?

Not all companies, but some. I thought Lear had their own lab as well, but according to someone else (forgot who) they don't make the shells themselves.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #49 of 722
Quote:

Not all companies, but some. I thought Lear had their own lab as well, but according to someone else (forgot who) they don't make the shells themselves.

oh ok... 'cause I came across a mag in which there were several photos of their lab, or at least that's what I thought since that article was about LEAR.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 722
Quote:

To be clear, this not the case for Heir Audio

Yes but thats what make you so unique and awesome :wink: I am also sure that there is a few others in the China/HK that perhaps have there own lab! May be wrong though but i am just saying it is far from 'ALL'

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #52 of 722
The Lear brand in HK is designed and manufactured by themselves. They just have a cooperation with a hearing aid/ ear mold shop. 
Rhapsodio and Tralucent does look very a like though...

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #53 of 722
Really, i will ask LEAR to check as i have a LCM-5 en route! As i have said before Tralucent and Rhapsodio are partners and they are identical. Rhapsodio is a distributor not a manufacturer but they distribute very unique items that you can not get any where else world wide (as far as i know). They are now distributor of Widing (which i will be getting an IEM of) as well as many new stuff coming this month!

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #54 of 722

Rhapsodio Custom Hybrid Monitor

A new hybrid CIEM to wow at with the vent in the nozzle!

Specs:

Frequency Response::20~20,000Hz

Sensitivity: :100dB/mV

Impedance:32ohm

6mm dynamic with ba 30017

Custom Monitor R-5

These are a 5BA CIEM for a extremely cheap price of just $400. Now i doubt you can get a 5BA CIEM anywhere near as cheap as that anywhere else and thats whats just great. If it sounds good i dunno, maybe you should find out, if you give them an email maybe they can ship worldwide for you as well! You got to know a bargain when you see one :wink:

Anyway, they also offer a many other stuff from other CIEMs too cables and other DIY amps from MiuAudio. They also sell DIY parts such as UE and Shure pin connectors which are hard to come across from what i have seen and heard and it is just goof un looking at the site and there stuff, i would also recommend checking out there facebook page.

Here is the website:

http://rhapsodio-cmw.com

Their Facebook Fanpage for more exciting stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rhapsodio/254838767959521

If any of you guys do get any of the stuff then comment other this way!

TWFK + DD you say. Possibly cutting 1+2 on price, judging by their 5 driver offering price you say.
:popcorn:

edit: aaah crap, it's $800 as well lol. unsubscribed. (looks like a traluscent incarnation :D )

also: >available in Hong Kong only, please visit us if u’re interested!

huuuwah.

http://rhapsodio-cmw.com/?p=11 <--- that says 3BA + DD, not DD+TWFK (2BA). Typo?

Where's you guys getting the speculative driver sizes, models, etc?

edit2:

ok, so you're saying they currently have the 3BA + DD, and that's separate, but they're planning a new 2BA(TWFK) + 6mm DD and that's not the page I linked to :D ?

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #55 of 722
Quote:
TWFK + DD you say. Possibly cutting 1+2 on price, judging by their 5 driver offering price you say.
popcorn.gif

edit: aaah crap, it's $800 as well lol. unsubscribed. (looks like a traluscent incarnation
biggrin.gif
)
also: >available in Hong Kong only, please visit us if u’re interested!
huuuwah.
http://rhapsodio-cmw.com/?p=11 <--- that says 3BA + DD, not DD+TWFK (2BA). Typo?
Where's you guys getting the speculative driver sizes, models, etc?
edit2:
ok, so you're saying they currently have the 3BA + DD, and that's separate, but they're planning a new 2BA(TWFK) + 6mm DD and that's not the page I linked to
biggrin.gif
?

Their website isn't very well-made, nor is it updated all that frequently... and AFAIK, they really don't do much international sale (if at all). Rhapsodio is just another shop in HK; it's just that the founder knows some of the same people as Tralucent, so their product lineup is going to be similar. Obviously, Tralucent is designated for international sale, while Rhapsodio is much more of a locally-focused endeavor.

I don't really know the details, but I think as of recent, Tralucent will be headed in a different direction; they originally started off as a joint venture between the original designing company and Tralucent, but with the new revisions, Tralucent is now with another production module. It's likely that Rhapsodio's stuff won't look or sound similar to Tralucent's in the future.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #56 of 722
Their website isn't very well-made, nor is it updated all that frequently... and AFAIK, they really don't do much international sale (if at all). Rhapsodio is just another shop in HK; it's just that the founder knows some of the same people as Tralucent, so their product lineup is going to be similar. Obviously, Tralucent is designated for international sale, while Rhapsodio is much more of a locally-focused endeavor.

I don't really know the details, but I think as of recent, Tralucent will be headed in a different direction; they originally started off as a joint venture between the original designing company and Tralucent, but with the new revisions, Tralucent is now with another production module. It's likely that Rhapsodio's stuff won't look or sound similar to Tralucent's in the future.
very interesting.

what about the 3 BA + DD vs 2BA + DD question bit from above :D, and speculation(?) about sound tubes or no tubes in either of those, if they're separate models and not a typo?

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #58 of 722
The specs in my info is correct that it is dynamic with TWFK, they told me that. The $400 is the only mistake which will update shortly as that was offer price. Also they are more than happy to sell world wide of you send them an email or contact them through Facebook.

The two cables they made me are on their way now and they also are selling Widing IEMs which is really exciting stuff, the Chinese community really rate them but they never caught on here.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #59 of 722
Check out this new line up of CIEMs from Rhapsodio. It is certainly an interesting one and a nice naming scheme as well. Also, check out them prices. Yes they do ship world wide and hopefully we will see some impressions soon! On top of this they have received a demo for a 10 BA CIEM, that could be fun right! I am sharing this not because of any affiliation but just because this looks exciting and the hybrid line up is not offered as in depth as this by any other company!

News : Custom made earmonitor Intermediate series(Knight) and a new Ba driver mix dynamic driver series(Wizard) are coming soon

Knight (one ba driver) us 180 HKD 1480
Elfin Knight (two ba driver) us 250 HKD 2000
Dark Knight (Three ba driver) us 320 HKD 2580
Dragon Knight (Four ba driver) us 390 HKD 3150

Wizard kid (One ba driver, one dynamic driver ) us 400 HKD 3200

Shining Wizard (Two ba

driver, one dynamic driver ) us 550 HKD4400

Solor Wizard (Three ba driver, one dynamic driver ) us 600 HKD 4800

Demon Wizard (Four ba driver, one dynamic driver ) us 650 HKD 5200

Taoist Wizard (Five ba driver, one dynamic driver ) us 800 HKD 6400

Wizard Makyin (Sixr ba driver, one dynamic driver ) us 1500 HKD 12000

Users who are viewing this thread