Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #33 of 722
Looks like I got cheated. The hybrid without a hole on the faceplate looks tempting.

Guess it will be better for me to get the 1plus2... if possible.

I don't know performence wise which will be better but thus is clearly cheaper!

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #34 of 722
Balanced amp in a Zippo case? Do want, do want so bad 
eek.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 722
Quote:
Balanced amp in a Zippo case? Do want, do want so bad 
eek.gif

Mine should be on its way soon so i will let you now how it goes, if you can wait that long :wink:

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #38 of 722
Quote:

It's not a direct predecessor (I think they have different designers), but as a minor goal the 1plus2 was designed to eclipse this model in terms of sound.

But that still does not make any of the two better than the other as of yet (unless you have tried) which was all i was saying. 

Tom i am guessing that you have been to Rhapsodio or at least know of them, have you tried any of their stuff?

Sep 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #39 of 722
Quote:
But that still does not make any of the two better than the other as of yet (unless you have tried) which was all i was saying. 

Tom i am guessing that you have been to Rhapsodio or at least know of them, have you tried any of their stuff?

I haven't been there, so no, I haven't tried any of their stuff, but I know who the owner is, and roughly what their connection is with their supplying designers. The new HK/Chinese business model for customs seems to be to centralize design and production, with differentiated products by brand. That way, they can centralize sources for bulk materials such as drivers, sockets, connectors, plugs, cables, etc. Even LEAR, whose production and design are probably separate from those of Rhapsodio and Tralucent, is really a purely 'in-house' endeavor --- they work with a hearing aid/mold company for production. So, in a sense, even customs are now becoming 'ODM/OEMed'.

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #40 of 722
Okay. I was actually talking to a CIEM manufacturer who has there own lab and they told me all about OEM CIEMs but mainly in the US including companies such as:

1) Alien Ears
2) FreQ
3) Live Wire
4) Dream Ears
5) Drum Ears

Its not surprising to now see it in China and Hk but hopefully they are still good products. I have sent my impressions in for the Lear LCM5 so will hear that shortly as well as the 1P2.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #41 of 722
Quote:
Okay. I was actually talking to a CIEM manufacturer who has there own lab and they told me all about OEM CIEMs but mainly in the US including companies such as:

1) Alien Ears
2) FreQ
3) Live Wire
4) Dream Ears
5) Drum Ears

Its not surprising to now see it in China and Hk but hopefully they are still good products. I have sent my impressions in for the Lear LCM5 so will hear that shortly as well as the 1P2.

So all these CIEMs are actually made by the same company?

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #43 of 722
So all these CIEMs are actually made by the same company?

No they all get them made from some one else though. What I am saying though is that they don't make them themselves in a lab.
Also alien ears and drum ears use the same OEM.

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #44 of 722

Custom Monitor R-5

These are a 5BA CIEM for a extremely cheap price of just $400. Now i doubt you can get a 5BA CIEM anywhere near as cheap as that anywhere else and thats whats just great. If it sounds good i dunno, maybe you should find out, if you give them an email maybe they can ship worldwide for you as well! You got to know a bargain when you see one :wink:

Those are $580 on their site. Still cheap.

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #45 of 722
Those are $580 on their site. Still cheap.

The they said they were updating prices on there Site. Will update OP tonight but still, 5 BA fit under 600 dollars :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back