Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #76 of 722
Quote:
Yes i know as do the others i think as well. However the do have similarities still such as where they source cables etc. Also i do not see the need for warning, from what?

Just putting it out there Swimsonny. I cannot go into detail on this matter as it is not my place to. But I am just letting you know they no longer have any affiliation with each other so in the event something happens Tralucent has no part in this. I'm not really sure if it is true any longer about Tralucent sourcing parts from similar vendors? Where have you heard this? Since they are no longer associated I think even that has changed. At least from what I have been told the new 1Plus2 has been completely redesigned from the dynamic drivers used, to the shell design, internal parts used, and even the cable design (the cables have always been specifically their creation though).

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #77 of 722
Quote:

Just putting it out there Swimsonny. I cannot go into detail on this matter as it is not my place to. But I am just letting you know they no longer have any affiliation with each other so in the event something happens Tralucent has no part in this. I'm not really sure if it is true any longer about Tralucent sourcing parts from similar vendors? Where have you heard this? Since they are no longer associated I think even that has changed. At least from what I have been told the new 1Plus2 has been completely redesigned from the dynamic drivers used, to the shell design, internal parts used, and even the cable design (the cables have always been specifically their creation though).

I don't know anything about the background of the parting.......IMHO it is a good thing. Translucent is emerging as a customer service oriented, international company selling high class completed pieces. Whereas Rhapsodio is more a DYI 'hobby' type entity. That is not to say that the equipment is not any good but its for a different cliental. And its more of a risk to do business with them and the prices (I guess) reflect this.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #78 of 722
Nice points. Lets not dwell too much on the break for now and i should be getting some of there stuff sent out this weekend so i will keep you posted. Hopefully there RDB as well, which from the tralucent thread seemed like a great IEM none the less.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #79 of 722
I don't know anything about the background of the parting.......IMHO it is a good thing. Translucent is emerging as a customer service oriented, international company selling high class completed pieces. Whereas Rhapsodio is more a DYI 'hobby' type entity. That is not to say that the equipment is not any good but its for a different cliental. And its more of a risk to do business with them and the prices (I guess) reflect this.

speculation: It's very likely - same equipment, different parts (new DD, different tuning).

Tralucent has .... 3-5 paying(?) customers including lee :D (who raves about 1+2 in every second post ) and Saraguie(?) (same area I think)?

Completed pieces? High class?
Up to the 1+2v2, Tralucent were reselling Rhapsodio's 3 driver wizard model with a 30% mark-up (and an intent to raise that markup :D) (while very aggressively co-bundling cables and amps, and preaching how difficult it is to make the IEMs and how they're losing money (yeaaa... tough job being a reseller ). Where the cables are probably made by Rhapsodio too). Now to me that makes Tralucent ethically grey.

Moreover, who's to say Rhapsodio didn't design the original 1+2. (while Tralucent was chest beating about innovation) In which case Tralucent become even more ethically grey to me. Who's to say the 1DD+2BA driver Tralucent resold was the best of the range, not the most profitable to resell? (I guess the retort here is, who's to say Rhapsodio's 3 and 4 BA + DD models are not concepts and exist :D)

Don't know what the new arrangement with 1+2v2 new DD/different tuning+unicorn internal wiring+copper panels is. Maybe Tralucent moved on to another lab down the street :D (or next door)? Gavin certainly continues to push on pricing ($1300 lol)

Maybe one was a pilot for the other marketing wise, maybe Rhapsodio decided to cut out the middleman to the west, and
Tralucent scrambled to differentiate with 1+2V2 and is now seeking to distance from them for obvious reasons and hype up 1+2v2.
(or that v2 wasn't forced not out of continous improvement, but because v1 was rhapsodio's design and Tralucent's relationship w them broke down)
end of speculation

you're paying for universals that come from China (what tangible risk difference are you talking about? Does anybody have a track record for reliability or customer service of 1+2v2 :D? It's a concept IEM for now?). Both seem like new companies and seem relatively risky (reliability, tuning for new models, etc ?).
If Rhapsodio get a product page and some impressions and decent English speaking customer reps (so far they seem legible)...

Plus Rhapsodio have(?) a product range - multibas or multi-ba +DD (which we're yet to hear more about but they said they'll provide more info soon)

Anyway, while it's clear there's history between the two, I'm a lot more curious to see what the Rhapsodio product range is like and they seem a bit less dodgy than Tralucent to me

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #80 of 722
Quote:
speculation: It's very likely - same equipment, different parts (new DD, different tuning).
Tralucent has .... 3-5 paying(?) customers including lee
biggrin.gif
(who raves about 1+2 in every second post ) and Saraguie(?) (same area I think)?
Up to the 1+2v2, Tralucent were reselling Rhapsodio's 3 driver wizard model with a 30% mark-up (and an intent to raise that markup
biggrin.gif
) (while very aggressively co-bundling cables and amps, and preaching how difficult it is to make the IEMs and how they're losing money (yeaaa... tough job being a reseller ). Where the cables are probably made by Rhapsodio too). Now to me that makes Tralucent ethically grey.
Moreover, who's to say Rhapsodio didn't design the original 1+2. (while Tralucent was chest beating about innovation) In which case Tralucent become even more ethically grey to me. Who's to say the 1DD+2BA driver Tralucent resold was the best of the range, not the most profitable to resell? (I guess the retort here is, who's to say Rhapsodio's 3 and 4 BA + DD models are not concepts and exist
biggrin.gif
)
Don't know what the new arrangement with 1+2v2 new DD/different tuning+unicorn internal wiring+copper panels is. Maybe Tralucent moved on to another lab down the street
biggrin.gif
(or next door)? Gavin certainly continues to push on pricing ($1300 lol)
Maybe one was a pilot for the other marketing wise, maybe Rhapsodio decided to cut out the middleman to the west, and
Tralucent scrambled to differentiate with 1+2V2 and is now seeking to distance from them for obvious reasons and hype up 1+2v2.
(or that v2 wasn't forced not out of continous improvement, but because v1 was rhapsodio's design and Tralucent's relationship w them broke down)
end of speculation
you're paying for universals that come from China (what tangible risk difference are you talking about? Does anybody have a track record for reliability or customer service of 1+2v2
biggrin.gif
? It's a concept IEM for now?). Both seem like new companies and seem relatively risky (reliability, tuning for new models, etc ?).
If Rhapsodio get a product page and some impressions and decent English speaking customer reps (so far they seem legible)...
Plus Rhapsodio have(?) a product range - multibas or multi-ba +DD (which we're yet to hear more about but they said they'll provide more info soon)
Anyway, while it's clear there's history between the two, I'm a lot more curious to see what the Rhapsodio product range is like and they seem a bit less dodgy than Tralucent to me

svyr you need to stop being such a troll. These companies no longer have any affiliation with each other as stated. What you are doing is stirring the pot. It's funny how you seemingly really liked their products and then all of a sudden you turn into this. So what if they are produced in China? Most things are. Are you gonna hate on Heir for producing their 8A in China? Is it not worthy of its tag because of that? Doesn't Sennheiser also produce their flagships in China as well? What about your Merlins? UM may be based in Australia but they are made in China. Regarding the reliability/track record, well of course they are a new company. Seems like you are putting them on trial before they could even prove themselves. I had an issue with my cable and they replaced it quickly. China was closed for that week so it took an extra week but they sourced me the replacement very quickly and the build quality was even better on the replacement. They even shipped it via EMS. What companies normally do that for you? They even did the same for a headfier who had a defective T1 amp recently. They have excellent customer service svyr. If anything I wonder what's your vendetta against them.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #81 of 722
Quote:
Tralucent has .... 3-5 paying(?) customers including lee
biggrin.gif
(who raves about 1+2 in every second post ) and Saraguie(?) (same area I think)?
Up to the 1+2v2, Tralucent were reselling Rhapsodio's 3 driver wizard model with a 30% mark-up (and an intent to raise that markup
biggrin.gif
) (while very aggressively co-bundling cables and amps, and preaching how difficult it is to make the IEMs and how they're losing money (yeaaa... tough job being a reseller ). Where the cables are probably made by Rhapsodio too). Now to me that makes Tralucent ethically grey.
Moreover, who's to say Rhapsodio didn't design the original 1+2. (while Tralucent was chest beating about innovation) In which case Tralucent become even more ethically grey to me. Who's to say the 1DD+2BA driver Tralucent resold was the best of the range, not the most profitable to resell? (I guess the retort here is, who's to say Rhapsodio's 3 and 4 BA + DD models are not concepts and exist
biggrin.gif
)
Don't know what the new arrangement with 1+2v2 new DD/different tuning+unicorn internal wiring+copper panels is. Maybe Tralucent moved on to another lab down the street
biggrin.gif
(or next door)? Gavin certainly continues to push on pricing ($1300 lol)
end of speculation
you're paying for universals that come from China (what tangible risk difference are you talking about? Does anybody have a track record for reliability or customer service of 1+2v2
biggrin.gif
? It's a concept IEM for now?). Both seem like new companies and seem relatively risky (reliability, tuning for new models, etc ?).

Risk = " is the potential that a chosen action or activity (including the choice of inaction) will lead to a loss (an undesirable outcome)" Has nothing to do with China. I bought my Unique Melody Miracles from their HQ in your country of residence. I sent my impressions to China where they are made. SQ aside, UM has an established rep for quality products (which my Miracles most definitely are) and stability. If I am sending my $$ away, especially out of my home country I want to feel that the company I am doing business with is stable, communicates well, and is financially sound.

Tralucent has handled itself admirably since it came to be. They have stood behind their products. It is easy to communicate with them. The T1 is now being sold by Musica Accoustic. SQ aside again, they have and are developing their rep as a solid, trustworthy company to do business with.

For both Tralucent and UM, for one reason or another after ordering and paying for equipment I canceled and received a refund. In one case after 30 days. SOLID

When I look at Rhapsodio's website, read the descriptions on it, look at their facebook pages, I don't feel my $1000 would be at the same risk as it is dealing with either Tralucent or UM. It APPEARS they are not professional and will not be able to compete on the International stage.  Like it or not, companies like people are judged, when first encountered, on how they present themselves.

Do Tralucent and UM have a mark up? You bet or they would not be in business very long. Is it a BIG markup? Well, its not any different than any of the major players that I can see.

My .2 cents

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #82 of 722
No need for any arguing. Rhapsodio shipped me out some stuff today and i will let you all know how it goes (BTL Balanced Lighter Z2 amp, some cables and maybe an earphone!). I am quite excited. Also there is a new model i spotted on their facebook that looks very nice. It is still in process but i think it is to be dual BA and single dynamic.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #83 of 722
Quote:
No need for any arguing. Rhapsodio shipped me out some stuff today and i will let you all know how it goes (BTL Balanced Lighter Z2 amp, some cables and maybe an earphone!). I am quite excited. Also there is a new model i spotted on their facebook that looks very nice. It is still in process but i think it is to be dual BA and single dynamic.

I hope your stuff is great and look forward to reading all about it!

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #84 of 722
Quote:

Are you gonna hate on Heir for producing their 8A in China? Is it not worthy of its tag because of that?

If I may clarify, the 8.A (Heir Audio) really should not be lumped together into this conversation as Heir Audio is vastly different from any of the mentioned organizations. Heir Audio's primary founder is a Doctorate level American Audiologist. He lives in Chengdu China and his hands are on every CIEM that leaves the doors of Heir Audio. Heir Audio does not sub-contract their lab work, as they have their own lab and the "Wizard" is in the lab every day. Customers can communicate directly with the Wizard via skype or e-mails.  Heir Audio also does not sub-contract their internal designs as that is also done by the "Wizard."

Does this make Heir Audio perfect? No, but it certainly makes Heir Audio very unique.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #85 of 722
Quote:

If I may clarify, the 8.A (Heir Audio) really should not be lumped together into this conversation as Heir Audio is vastly different from any of the mentioned organizations. Heir Audio's primary founder is a Doctorate level American Audiologist. He lives in Chengdu China and his hands are on every CIEM that leaves the doors of Heir Audio. Heir Audio does not sub-contract their lab work, as they have their own lab and the "Wizard" is in the lab every day. Customers can communicate directly with the Wizard via skype or e-mails.  Heir Audio also does not sub-contract their internal designs as that is also done by the "Wizard."

Does this make Heir Audio perfect? No, but it certainly makes Heir Audio very unique.

Wizard

You've yet to answer my PM and my email to you. Hopefully you will get to it soon. To answer your question FullCircle your IEMs are still produced in China. I never said that you subcontract someone to do so. My point is they are still produced in China regardless. Does that mean the quality of your offerings will be inferior? No I don't think that is the case at all and thus my reason for mentioning Heir. It's quite unfair to say because the item is made in China that it isn't deserving of its price tag? Am I wrong in saying this? Also Tralucent Audios IEMs are now all in house. So there is no subcontracting going on. Guess that makes them unique as well :wink:.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #86 of 722
Quote:

La la la, IEMs are cool and all but......

Balanced Zippo Amp? Just PM me what you think when you get it :wink:

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #87 of 722
Quote:

You've yet to answer my PM and my email to you. Hopefully you will get to it soon. To answer your question FullCircle your IEMs are still produced in China. I never said that you subcontract someone to do so. My point is they are still produced in China regardless. Does that mean the quality of your offerings will be inferior? No I don't think that is the case at all and thus my reason for mentioning Heir. It's quite unfair to say because the item is made in China that it isn't deserving of its price tag? Am I wrong in saying this? Also Tralucent Audios IEMs are now all in house. So there is no subcontracting going on. Guess that makes them unique as well :wink:.

A) We are formulating a response to your e-mail as supplying a competitor with the 8.A is a rather sensitive request

B) The companies mentioned before do subcontract (or at least they did at one time)

C) I never mentioned anything about prices

D) Now in house, great news indeed

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #88 of 722
Quote:

A) We are formulating a response to your e-mail as supplying a competitor with the 8.A is a rather sensitive request

B) The companies mentioned before do subcontract (or at least they did at one time)

C) I never mentioned anything about prices

D) Now in house, great news indeed

A) I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything? The IEMs are for personal use. I am interested in making a purchase for myself. I never knew recommending others of your products to be bad for business...
rolleyes.gif

B) I clarified this for you so now you are aware just as everyone is.

C) I am not sure what you are talking about. Maybe we should continue this in PM

D) I agree with you. This is the safest bet for them and for everyone in general. They maintain quality control and are not at the mercy of a vendor.

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #89 of 722
It is likely that Tralucent made the 1+2 first actually. I saw a similar post mentioned on erji.net before Rhapsodio was created. Also Tralucent's cables should not be the ones used by Rhapsodio, but I think Rhap does offer Tralucent cables at a high price.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #90 of 722
Quote:
It is likely that Tralucent made the 1+2 first actually. I saw a similar post mentioned on erji.net before Rhapsodio was created. Also Tralucent's cables should not be the ones used by Rhapsodio, but I think Rhap does offer Tralucent cables at a high price.

It's a bit complicated to explain and not my place to. But I will say Tralucent has always sold their own cables (nothing to do with Rhapsodio at all) which are OCC Certified. They do not sell fakes. You are getting quality when you purchase from them. I'm not so sure regarding Rhapsodios cables. YMWV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back