REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Feb 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #1,171 of 1,290
My merlin is finally ready for collection
smily_headphones1.gif
. But i happened to be overseas
frown.gif
lol. Can't wait to get back and collect it. It took about 4 weeks which i think is quite fast.

Nice! I envy you; my impressions are still on their way apparently. Stephen said not to worry, so I'll try and be patient for now. Please post pictures when you come back home, I'm interested in your designs!

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,172 of 1,290
My merlin is finally ready for collection
smily_headphones1.gif
. But i happened to be overseas
frown.gif
lol. Can't wait to get back and collect it. It took about 4 weeks which i think is quite fast.

Bummer :)

4 weeks is definitely fast. If you knew how beautiful these sound it would be an even harder wait! Interested in hearing your first impressions, always fun to read.

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,174 of 1,290
Nice! I envy you; my impressions are still on their way apparently. Stephen said not to worry, so I'll try and be patient for now. Please post pictures when you come back home, I'm interested in your designs!

Bummer :)

4 weeks is definitely fast. If you knew how beautiful these sound it would be an even harder wait! Interested in hearing your first impressions, always fun to read.

whaaaaattt??! 4 weeks?! if they are working that fast currently, i'm expecting to get my miracle next week then :D waiting is indeed the hardest thing to do 

I was expecting a longer wait so it was a pleasant surprise when i got the call. I ordered through Stereo Singapore though, not direct to um. Now I'm the one delaying the collection lol.
Hope the fit is good though as this is my first ciem.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,176 of 1,290
I was expecting a longer wait so it was a pleasant surprise when i got the call. I ordered through Stereo Singapore though, not direct to um. Now I'm the one delaying the collection lol.
Hope the fit is good though as this is my first ciem.

I also ordered through a dealer in germany, and yeah, i didn't expect it to come to me in 4 weeks. Nonetheless, i'm looking forward to it, as it should be there next week :) it better fits well, as we are nearing the lunar new year, which means 2 weeks holiday

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #1,177 of 1,290
I also ordered through a dealer in germany, and yeah, i didn't expect it to come to me in 4 weeks. Nonetheless, i'm looking forward to it, as it should be there next week :) it better fits well, as we are nearing the lunar new year, which means 2 weeks holiday

Good point. Totally forgot about the Chinese new year holiday. Now all the more i wish the fit is good.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #1,178 of 1,290
Finally collected my Merlin
atsmile.gif

The pictures don't do them justice. Fit on the left side is very good, right side is not as good although the seal is there but it feels a little uncomfortable. First impression on the bass is good probably will get even better when the dynamic driver starts to get more mileage. The bass does not overwhelm the other frequencies. Compare with my Heir 3.ai, the bass on the merlin definitely goes deeper but the 3.ai has the same or more in quantity but just not as deep. The 3.ai has a warmer signature. Haven't really had much time to spend on the merlin yet so the above comments are probably going to change. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,179 of 1,290
Finally collected my Merlin:atsmile:

The pictures don't do them justice. Fit on the left side is very good, right side is not as good although the seal is there but it feels a little uncomfortable. First impression on the bass is good probably will get even better when the dynamic driver starts to get more mileage. The bass does not overwhelm the other frequencies. Compare with my Heir 3.ai, the bass on the merlin definitely goes deeper but the 3.ai has the same or more in quantity but just not as deep. The 3.ai has a warmer signature. Haven't really had much time to spend on the merlin yet so the above comments are probably going to change. :beerchug:

I thought you are already leaving head-fi because of the pure bliss of sound :D
It's a shame that it doesn't fit perfectly, anyway am STILL waiting for my miracle, can't wait much longer, if by 19th of february it's still not yet there, i'm gonna order ACS encore!!

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,180 of 1,290
I thought you are already leaving head-fi because of the pure bliss of sound
biggrin.gif

It's a shame that it doesn't fit perfectly, anyway am STILL waiting for my miracle, can't wait much longer, if by 19th of february it's still not yet there, i'm gonna order ACS encore!!

I will always lurk around here lol. Hope you get your miracle soon. Look forward to see some pictures of it.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,181 of 1,290
Congratz :) Solid design.

When I first listened to the Merlins I was actually more impressed with the mids than the bass. They just jumped out at me :) Such a smooth listen...

How does the Heir 3 compare with treble and sound stage?

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,182 of 1,290
Congratulations rootkie! The design very much reminds me of the UE900s with the semi-transparant blue shells, black (carbon) faceplates and silver logo engraving; was this on purpose or just a coincidence? I haven't heard anything about my shipment arriving yet, I'll contact Stephen again on Monday. This wait is horrible; how did you guys get through it? 

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,184 of 1,290
  Congratulations rootkie! The design very much reminds me of the UE900s with the semi-transparant blue shells, black (carbon) faceplates and silver logo engraving; was this on purpose or just a coincidence? I haven't heard anything about my shipment arriving yet, I'll contact Stephen again on Monday. This wait is horrible; how did you guys get through it? 

this wait is INDEED horrible sire. we are on the same page here

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #1,185 of 1,290
Congratz :) Solid design.

When I first listened to the Merlins I was actually more impressed with the mids than the bass. They just jumped out at me :) Such a smooth listen...

How does the Heir 3 compare with treble and sound stage?

The Merlin has way better treble than the 3. Some songs with high treble, the 3 will sound a little piercing. With the Merlin it's a different story. Although overall the 3 still performs very well. Sound stage wise, i find them similar with the Merlin being the wider one. The 3 has a warm sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back