REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Feb 17, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #1,203 of 1,290
  which means i'd get my miracle this week :D

Excuse me but, shouldn't you be on the miracle thread? 
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #1,207 of 1,290
Laying down, like on your back, probably shouldn't break the seal.  Generally speaking, I have to do something like crack a big smile to break the seal.  I can lie down without a problem.

The fit on my Merlins was good, but I stupidly got my ear impressions done when I had a pretty significant cold and my ears were swollen.  The end result is that the shape on my Merlins is right for my ear, but they're too loose.  I was able to fix it by buying clear coat nail polish, a more "natural" brand from Whole Foods.  A few coats of nail polish and it fixed my fit.  

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,208 of 1,290
Laying down, like on your back, probably shouldn't break the seal.  Generally speaking, I have to do something like crack a big smile to break the seal.  I can lie down without a problem.

The fit on my Merlins was good, but I stupidly got my ear impressions done when I had a pretty significant cold and my ears were swollen.  The end result is that the shape on my Merlins is right for my ear, but they're too loose.  I was able to fix it by buying clear coat nail polish, a more "natural" brand from Whole Foods.  A few coats of nail polish and it fixed my fit.  

Interesting idea on the nail polish. Interesting for me is big smile does not break the seal but the moment i listen to it lying down, the seal breaks (can't hear the bass). My right side break seal easily like turning my head but not always.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,209 of 1,290
So yesterday I had a 'failed to deliver' notice from FedEx lying on the doormat... I'm not expecting any package from FedEx, but I've re-scheduled delivery for Friday (as I cannot just take a day off today). Curious to see what I will get
etysmile.gif
!    

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,210 of 1,290
Hope it's something good!

My Merlins arrived today. Finally.

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #1,212 of 1,290
Anybody from the Merlin owners had the possibility to compare them to the universal Mentors?

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,213 of 1,290
They arrived! They're amazing looking! They fit like a glove! First impression: they sound great! -- albeit not as bassy as I had expected!

My smartphone camera doesn't do them justice!

More sentences with an exclamation mark!

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,214 of 1,290
  They arrived! They're amazing looking! They fit like a glove! First impression: they sound great! -- albeit not as bassy as I had expected!

My smartphone camera doesn't do them justice!

More sentences with an exclamation mark!

Nice!!

Yeah they're less bass-heavy than I expected too, although the amount of bass on mine did increase after the dynamic drivers got broken in a little more.  Interestingly, I often find them to be too bass-light right when I start listening, and after I've listened for awhile, I feel like it's just right.  I don't know if it has to do with customs and fit, or if it's a "brain burn-in" type thing, but I don't find myself desiring more bass even though I consider myself a bass-head.  I think some of it has to do with the fact that I'm used to perceiving bass quantity based on the presentation of the headphones (i.e. how forward is the bass vs the mids and treble), but on the Merlins, bass/mids/treble are not mutually exclusive.  It is deep and thick and present, but doesn't displace and mids and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back