Review of Little-Dot MKIVse
Apr 8, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #376 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would imagine the resistor in question is not one of the back-ordered parts. I'm trying to find out which specific resistor has the issue, so I can peak at mine.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have tons of hours on mine, so I don't think it has a resistor from the bad batch of resistors.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope that's the case. Though David appears to indicate in the post you quoted and elsewhere that they might be swapping out entire units. Personally I don't care, unless there's a much longer turnaround time one way or the other.

Will just use the hiatus to make up some o' them newfangled BullPlugs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #377 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would imagine the resistor in question is not one of the back-ordered parts. I'm trying to find out which specific resistor has the issue, so I can peak at mine.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have tons of hours on mine, so I don't think it has a resistor from the bad batch of resistors.
smily_headphones1.gif

Two of the resistors on the back of mine were burning out so it may well be the same ones causing the issues. When I get to work I will see about posting pictures of them if I didnt delete them.

The Ham

n517561253_750226_784.jpg

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #379 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by ham069 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two of the resistors on the back of mine were burning out so it may well be the same ones causing the issues.

Those look like ordinary resistors, my MK IV SE has brown high quality resistors back there - like the ones you can see on the manufacturers page.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #380 of 847
@ham069's picture: Huh...I never really peeked into my LD MK IV SE, but I never expected it to look so...empty!
eek.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #381 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look like ordinary resistors, my MK IV SE has brown high quality resistors back there - like the ones you can see on the manufacturers page.

two of the three are burning out, all three are ment to be blue instead of only the one on the left. When I get back to work from my days off I can zoom in on the area to give you a better idea of what is going on.

Called Canada post yesterday and I am told that my Amp is finaly on a ship heading out of the country. God only knows where its going to go from there
confused.gif

The Ham

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #383 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ham069's picture: Huh...I never really peeked into my LD MK IV SE, but I never expected it to look so...empty!
eek.gif

You are only seeing the very rear of the mainboard. There is much more forward of that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #384 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danika k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much do the 6H30Pi from electro harmonix usually go for?

Unmatched are $17-$28 each. Matched will be a little higher.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #386 of 847
David reached out today to let me know they got my returned amp and were just testing the replacement before shipping it out. He said Little Dot keeps a stock of new units in reserve specifically in case of warranty issues like this and will be drawing from that pool to take care of those of us affected by resistor failures.

This more or less confirmed my initial impressions that 1) LD is a pretty well-run outfit and 2) it's much more pleasant as a consumer to deal with the focused, hungry little guys than the complacent giants like, say, Sony -- who I've futilely butted heads with in the past on warranty claims.

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #387 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David reached out today to let me know they got my returned amp and were just testing the replacement before shipping it out. He said Little Dot keeps a stock of new units in reserve specifically in case of warranty issues like this and will be drawing from that pool to take care of those of us affected by resistor failures.

This more or less confirmed my initial impressions that 1) LD is a pretty well-run outfit and 2) it's much more pleasant as a consumer to deal with the focused, hungry little guys than the complacent giants like, say, Sony -- who I've futilely butted heads with in the past on warranty claims.

Man! Isn't that the truth!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #388 of 847
Anyway, back onto the topic of using and enjoying the amp. I've just picked up a pair of HD650s, assume I'll want both the dips off on the MKIV for max gain?

PS: Penchum, in general do you prefer your MkIV or MKV with the Senns?

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #390 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, back onto the topic of using and enjoying the amp. I've just picked up a pair of HD650s, assume I'll want both the dips off on the MKIV for max gain?

PS: Penchum, in general do you prefer your MkIV or MKV with the Senns?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was not for long but hd650 sounded amazing when it was powered by mk iv se. i cant wait till i get the replacement on my desk again.

Oddly enough, I like the HD-650 with my MKIVse and my HD-600 with the MKV. Even with this preference, I still use the HD-650s with the MKV late at night. Ow, and the dip switch settings for the HD-650 should be at gain 5 or 10. I leave all my amps at 10, so they behave like each other.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back