[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #541 of 964
very confusing thread here, alot of people seem to like this headphone and other people don´t. im going with the UE6000 because i listen to EDM but im afraid that I will notice the channel imblance, if that happens i might aswell return it and buy the V-moda M80

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #542 of 964
Or wait for the M-100..

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #543 of 964
I was originally planning to get a pair of UE6000 and compare it with my current Momentum and keep one of them. But I read through this thread and get the idea that UE6K is definitely needed  an amp to drive through IPC or you have to use it on active mode all time. 
Well...I'm too lazy to carry an amp with my IPC around and I definitely do not want use a headphone with battery all the time...So I just give it up.
I'll get a pair of m100 though, I'll use Momentum till I receive m100 and Momentum will then become a Christmas gift...0_0

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #544 of 964
In case you're not a subscriber.

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #545 of 964
Quote:
very confusing thread here, alot of people seem to like this headphone and other people don´t. im going with the UE6000 because i listen to EDM but im afraid that I will notice the channel imblance, if that happens i might aswell return it and buy the V-moda M80

I prefer the headphone with ANC on. Too neutral and requires some amplification otherwise. (subjective to me)

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #546 of 964
the UE6000 has really got me interested.. I am hearing some bass and someone earlier compared it to vmodas.. I am not a bass junky, but a bass emphasis is what i prefer. Are these pretty good on the bass? or do they just sound boring? Of course im talking about how on passive mode. Now the ACN is getting me a bit worried. Does it sound that amazing to where you would never want to hear the passive again? its kind of weird how the sound changes that much from just one switch.. So with the passive, would it be great for Electronic music? I want to assume yes with all the comments. I also read the specs, did it say 32 ohm passive, than 1k ohms ACN?! what's up with that? it doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't that mean that a mp3 device couldn't power it? Oh and one more question, (curiosity) I was at Best buy the other day and demo'd the UE6K. A lady gave me an ipod nano 7th generation (I think). She put the volume to 50% but it sounded pretty low to me. I turned it up to 75% and it still was kind of faded, as in a low volume. Is it just me? because i use other products and don't have the problem. Or was it the music she was playing that was soft? Just want to clear some confusion >.<

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #547 of 964
Quote:
the UE6000 has really got me interested.. I am hearing some bass and someone earlier compared it to vmodas.. I am not a bass junky, but a bass emphasis is what i prefer. Are these pretty good on the bass? or do they just sound boring? Of course im talking about how on passive mode. Now the ACN is getting me a bit worried. Does it sound that amazing to where you would never want to hear the passive again? its kind of weird how the sound changes that much from just one switch.. So with the passive, would it be great for Electronic music? I want to assume yes with all the comments. I also read the specs, did it say 32 ohm passive, than 1k ohms ACN?! what's up with that? it doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't that mean that a mp3 device couldn't power it? Oh and one more question, (curiosity) I was at Best buy the other day and demo'd the UE6K. A lady gave me an ipod nano 7th generation (I think). She put the volume to 50% but it sounded pretty low to me. I turned it up to 75% and it still was kind of faded, as in a low volume. Is it just me? because i use other products and don't have the problem. Or was it the music she was playing that was soft? Just want to clear some confusion >.<

The UE6000 sounds best in passive mode with an inexpensive amp like a FiiO E11.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #548 of 964
I got my pair with UE9000 yesterday, but sometimes there is a harsh/grasping noise in the left can. The sound can appear before I connect them to a device, and sometimes after 30 min. It is really annoying, and it can get louder and louder until I cant hear the music from the left can.
Have other ppl experienced this? 

Edit:
Is it only possible to play mono music in the cans with the mic activated on bluetooth?

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #549 of 964
I tried these cans out after returning my Momentums, they lasted about 2 weeks before I returned them as well in favour of the Amperiors. I initially liked their contrasting sound signature to the HD25s, which sounded bright and thin in comparison. They are  more extended in the subbass and have a meatier sound in the bass region, but the best aspect was the midrange tonality, it felt very accurate and neutral. After a few days the issues that others have pointed out in the thread started bugging me, the treble being noticeably shelved, upper mids sounding distant and uninvolving, and the presentation of the music feeling closed in with hard limits on the left and right of the soundstage image. The bass, while initially impressing me, now felt sluggish with less gradations in layering. Ultimately it was boring and lacking refinement for most of the music I listen to, save for some modern pop and rock tunes. Even amping them from my fullsize home amp did not alleviate the imaging problems, and I have no desire to use a portable amp anyway.

Its a shame because at one point I thought they completely crushed the HD25-I-II and the Momentums, and while they may still be around the same level, I feel the Amperior are a step above them.

I'd like to see how a properly channel matched Beyer DT1350 compares to the Amperior next.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #550 of 964
After reading way too many full size headphone reviews on this site, hitting the recommendations thread a few times, and reading this thread a few times, I finally decided to buy a set of UE6000. 

I was able to try them out and quite a few other full size headphones at the Apple store before making a decision, although I noticed that the UE6000's are hard wired at my local Apple store to only play with the ANC on, it cannot be switched off in the demo units in store.

I've had them a week now and whilst I'm no audiophile, I think that they are absolutely superb. I travel a lot for work and I've used for them for music and movies from the iPad and iPhone and so far I'm loving the sound, especially when watching movies - it is like being in my own cinema, utterly fantastic. The ANC may not be as good as the Bose, but it provides more than enough noise cancelling for me. My music is sounding just superb through these, I cannot believe the difference these have made to the experience.

The comfort is great, though some people may find them heavy - especially when compared to the very light Bose QC15. I also think that the build quality is pretty good too, though time will tell on thee overall quality.

Lastly I'd like to thank everyone who posts their reviews and comments here on Head-Fi, whilst its no substitute for trying products out in person, it really does help.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #551 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle 491 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The bass, while initially impressing me, now felt sluggish with less gradations in layering. Ultimately it was boring and lacking refinement for most of the music I listen to, save for some modern pop and rock tunes. 

That is also my main problem with the UE6000. The bass eventually becomes annoying due to its indistinct, cardboard, lifeless blob of a sound. It's like they got the midrange and treble to a seamless form, then ran out of time and just decided to dump some synthetic material to pass as bass into the earcups.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #552 of 964
Dangit!
Just when I think I have settled on a decision for a new headphone y'all talk up so ethi g else I know nothing about and make me want it

I was dead set last week on M80s then, L1, than this weekend swore it would be some DT 770s, now these....

I will be ampless and mostly listening for pleasure on an iPad/iPod. I am no bass head but love strong bass in my music, that isn't very bass heavy. I love the sound of live music and it tends to lean on bass. DMB, Coldplay, Led Zepp, 90s rock, 90s rap Pearl Jam and the likes.

So, will these get me enough volume and tight enough son d ampless? Or keep looking?

I had never thought of Logitech as a headphone company and saw these at apple and walked right past them as I figured they were Beats-esuqe....with all the plastic.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #553 of 964
Quote:
Dangit!
Just when I think I have settled on a decision for a new headphone y'all talk up so ethi g else I know nothing about and make me want it
I was dead set last week on M80s then, L1, than this weekend swore it would be some DT 770s, now these....
I will be ampless and mostly listening for pleasure on an iPad/iPod. I am no bass head but love strong bass in my music, that isn't very bass heavy. I love the sound of live music and it tends to lean on bass. DMB, Coldplay, Led Zepp, 90s rock, 90s rap Pearl Jam and the likes.
So, will these get me enough volume and tight enough son d ampless? Or keep looking?
I had never thought of Logitech as a headphone company and saw these at apple and walked right past them as I figured they were Beats-esuqe....with all the plastic.

Logitech bought ultimate ears a few years ago, and left them untouched really. Ultimate ears was a pretty respected audio company. This is the first real release since then. Honestly, I'm not that impressed by this release overall. I would say if you want tight and controlled bass, there are much better options around. These headphones are definitely a general market headphone targeted towards the beats crowd. Sound is nothing exciting at this price. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #554 of 964
Quote:

Logitech bought ultimate ears a few years ago, and left them untouched really. Ultimate ears was a pretty respected audio company. This is the first real release since then. Honestly, I'm not that impressed by this release overall. I would say if you want tight and controlled bass, there are much better options around. These headphones are definitely a general market headphone targeted towards the beats crowd. Sound is nothing exciting at this price. 

I have to agree with this statement. I drank the koolaide on these cans. I read Tyll's review and all the reviews on here and fell for it. Now I'm not saying these are bad at all. I really liked them when I had them. Overall though, I realized the bass was just too much and covering too much of the music for my tastes. That's not to say they don't sound good either. The real kicker for me was reading Tyll's review on the M100s. That review just made me realize I am looking for a different sound than he likes. I will take his reviews with that in context moving forward.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #555 of 964
Quote:
I have to agree with this statement. I drank the koolaide on these cans. I read Tyll's review and all the reviews on here and fell for it. Now I'm not saying these are bad at all. I really liked them when I had them. Overall though, I realized the bass was just too much and covering too much of the music for my tastes. That's not to say they don't sound good either. The real kicker for me was reading Tyll's review on the M100s. That review just made me realize I am looking for a different sound than he likes. I will take his reviews with that in context moving forward.

Unfortunately I have seen this as a growing trend. A lot of new members want to buy the "latest release" which is in many technology products synonymous with the latest and best technology. As this is their first good headphone they think it sounds amazing and post raving reviews about it, so they end up purchasing it, and later get buyers remorse. I think members need to be more careful with this. Also, a lot of people who end up doing a lot of reviews, and getting review units are stuck with shedding a positive light on the pair a lot of times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back