[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #571 of 964
Quote:
The only problem i found is that the headphone cable doesn't fit very well into the hole of the earcup. When I push it in, it doesn't click, it doesn't feel secure,  so that every now and then it will become loose and either the sound will change or it will come out entirely. I tried to use other spare cables I have from V-Moda, but they have a similar problem.

Push harder. It will click.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #573 of 964
Quote:
Does anyone know where I could buy the UE6000's zippered carrying pouch?

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.60212500?resid=ULEKBQoBAlkAAFdnUg4AAABS&rests=1353779717265

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #575 of 964
I tried the UE6000 at Best Buy today.

They should good, but my gosh the ear cups are tiny. They barely fit around my small ears. The headphone itself is comfortable but very snug. How do people with large heads/ears cope with such a headphone? Such a small headphone in person compared to what one sees in pictures.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #576 of 964
Weird because i have massive ears and a ginormous head and I thought they were comfortable.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #577 of 964
I tried the UE6000 at Best Buy today.

They should good, but my gosh the ear cups are tiny. They barely fit around my small ears. The headphone itself is comfortable but very snug. How do people with large heads/ears cope with such a headphone? Such a small headphone in person compared to what one sees in pictures.

I found the cups to be large, spacious and cushy even though I consider myself to have larger than average ears.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #578 of 964
So, putting my "Find-A-New-Portable-Headphone Plan" into action, I uncharacteristically sprang for these cans in their black + white version at my local apple store. So far, I'm VERY impressed, as a previous M-100 owner.

"Find-A-New-Portable-Headphone Plan"
  1. Grieve over death of previous black Audio Technica ATH-M50's. - Unfortunately, Check.
  2. Order/Buy Audio Technica ATH M50 in White, modified with a detachable cable entry. (Sound Professionals) - Check.
  3. Order/Buy Ultimate Ears UE6000 in White. (Apple Store) - Check.
  4. Once both UE6000 and ATH-M50 are received, compare the two on all levels. Comfort/Wearability/Sound/Features/Build. - In Progress.
  5. Order/Buy AKG K267 Tiesto. - Waiting on Shipment.
  6. Sell loser between ATH-M50 and UE6000, and keep winning headphone. - Waiting for Winner.
  7. Compare winning headphone to AKG K267 Tiesto, possibly keep both, possibly sell loser. - Waiting on everything else.

Quick First Impressions from my first hour with the UE 6000...

PROS
  1. Damn these cups are DEEP. Very big plus. 
  2. More comfortable than the V-MODA M-100. Comparing to the Audio Technica ATH-M50 now.
  3. I like the Black + White + Blue color scheme. Not sure if I like the blue cable though.
  4. Feels solid - weight helps with that.
  5. Hinge looks sturdy, plastic is flexible, folding works well.
  6. Bag is cute and portable, I like it.
  7. Can wear it around my next easily, even without being able to fold it flat. Clamping force helps.
CONS
  1. When shifted or tugged on the device end, I get static and cutting out in my audio. Is this normal..? I'm testing it more now, but I hope the cable isn't already bad..
  2. For some tracks, vocals are very nice and engaging, but for others, it feels like they're very far away. This is for the same genre of music, so I don't see why..
  3. Doesn't fold flat.

Still listening and such, so I will offer more input later.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #582 of 964
I have to ask...

Did UE purposely make the cable total crap to sell the 9000 more? One slight tug makes half the connectors disconnect, and makes the sound highly recessed. This is without any case on either my ipod or laptop, it just doesn't click in properly like other cables. I've never had this problem with anything else, it's a deal breaker, along with the stupidity of having the cable on the right side....

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #583 of 964
Quote:
Since cracking with hard plastic was an issue. See: PSB M4U2.

Precisely.  Not only that, but it also helps to better contour to one's cranium for a comfortable fit.

Quote:

I have to ask...

Did UE purposely make the cable total crap to sell the 9000 more? One slight tug makes half the connectors disconnect, and makes the sound highly recessed. This is without any case on either my ipod or laptop, it just doesn't click in properly like other cables. I've never had this problem with anything else, it's a deal breaker, along with the stupidity of having the cable on the right side....

...I thought that I read something about having to apply a good deal of force to make the cable seat properly. (the one I demoed was permanently tethered)

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #585 of 964
I have read through several pages of this thread since I ordered the UE 6000's yesterday. I bought them to listen to on the go as my two children and wife would never allow me to enjoy music at the house
smile.gif
 My question is when listening in passive mode, are they ok to listen to without a portable amp, do they sound decent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back