[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #556 of 964
Tried 3 different UE 9000 and all had a poor micro USB cable that didn't fit well.  Ended up biting the bullet and keeping the 20$ Radioshack cable because it actually fits.  I'm sure Logitech will eventually address this issue in later production runs...early adapter blues, haha. :wink:

Amazing that none of the reviewers had this problem (or if they did, did not mention it).

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #557 of 964
Quote:

Logitech bought ultimate ears a few years ago, and left them untouched really. Ultimate ears was a pretty respected audio company. This is the first real release since then. Honestly, I'm not that impressed by this release overall. I would say if you want tight and controlled bass, there are much better options around. These headphones are definitely a general market headphone targeted towards the beats crowd. Sound is nothing exciting at this price. 

What other options are there for tight and controlled bass? are there any at this price?

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #558 of 964
Quote:
What other options are there for tight and controlled bass? are there any at this price?

Pretty hard for a closed headphone at this price point. You could save another $100, go for the PSB M4U1 and have it all.

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #559 of 964
Does anyone know if it is possible to be connected to more than one device at once, UE9000, I want to play music from one device and answer calls from another, or either . And has anyone been able to pair them witha PS3. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #560 of 964
Quote:
The real kicker for me was reading Tyll's review on the M100s. That review just made me realize I am looking for a different sound than he likes. I will take his reviews with that in context moving forward.

For a basshead headphone, I like them a lot. But that's not my personal preference. I like the Senn Momentum quite a bit better for me personally. I wouldn't assume I'm single minded in my reviews, I understand and accept that people have differing tastes than I, and I try to review things so that people with value systems different than I can also be served. The UE6000 is pretty damned good mainly because there aren;t many full-sized sealed cans out there that are good, not because they're great in and of themselves. Thought I made that clear in the review, sorry if it wasn't.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #561 of 964
Quote:

For a basshead headphone, I like them a lot. But that's not my personal preference. I like the Senn Momentum quite a bit better for me personally. I wouldn't assume I'm single minded in my reviews, I understand and accept that people have differing tastes than I, and I try to review things so that people with value systems different than I can also be served. The UE6000 is pretty damned good mainly because there aren;t many full-sized sealed cans out there that are good, not because they're great in and of themselves. Thought I made that clear in the review, sorry if it wasn't.

Thanks Tyll. After reading your reviews I began to interpret that you liked bassier headphones. The UE6000 is great but it was a bit too bass heavy for me. I am demoing some Momentums against the PSB M4U 2s right now and liking what I'm hearing. Just a touch more bass kick with good midrange presence and great highs. The Senns have some sizzle and I think they need some serious burn in.

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #564 of 964
Quote:
Knowing that they're owned by Logitech, don't get too excited. The corporate hand has probably come down on the rampant audiophiles at UE, and now management has decided to package a Bluetooth headphone or some crap like that as a UE product. Let's hope not, but this could be the beginning of the end for UE's pedigree.

Or it could be a fluffy oven.

Hey.. I quite like Logitech! 
My G9 mouse lasted up until my cat had her way with the cable, my keyboard is awesome and my backup nano mouse is still holding it's own after 6 years. 
The UE's look quite nice! might give some a go next time I'm in a store that sells them. 

Just cos Lamborghini is owned by VW doesn't mean every lambo is a budget POS... VW helped the company out majorly and made them even more desirable (debatable) 
Parts for UE stuff will hopefully be cheaper being owned by another tech company, I suppose it's more like the flashy arm of the company.  

That being said, I've yet to be wowed by the Ducati/Audi collab. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #565 of 964
Hey im looking at getting a pair of headphones that have nice sound quality and look nice. Ive heard good things about the UE 6000 and the UE 9000. Which would be more worth the money to purchase? because i am aware that theres a $200 price difference. And im fine with getting either 1 but which wuld b more worth it

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #569 of 964
Hi everyone. I am a proud owner of the UE6000 since 3 days ago, a headphone that has impressed me in many ways. It can be summarized saying that when I put it on, it drives me to listen to the music, music doesn't become a background sound, the resolution, punchy sound, soundstage and spatial resolving power of instruments drives me to listen to the music and appreciate even when I am trying to do other things. This is what a headphone has to do to become remarkable, and at this price point of $200 I think is perhaps the best value in the market today.

The Noise Cancelation feature is not really Noise Cancelation in my book, as it doesn't really compare with other NC cans in its ability to reduce external sounds, albeit passive noise cancelation is quite good. I see the NC switch most as a way to have two different sound signatures in the headphone that I can select as needed by the music, very cool indeed.

The only problem i found is that the headphone cable doesn't fit very well into the hole of the earcup. When I push it in, it doesn't click, it doesn't feel secure,  so that every now and then it will become loose and either the sound will change or it will come out entirely. I tried to use other spare cables I have from V-Moda, but they have a similar problem.

On the other end of the cable, when I try to plug it into my 3.5mm (Mini) to 6.3mm (1/4") Headphone Adapter it fits so tight that it I have to push hard to get it in and it is hard to take it out, something that never happened to me with any other cable.

It this a design defect on the UE6000 of the cable or just my unit may be defective? Do you guys have the same problem?

Do you have any advise for a replacement cable of good quality but not overpriced (e.g. <$25) that may fit better into the UE6000?

Thanks indeed to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back