[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #511 of 964
Quote:
Are the U6000 bigger than psb m4u 2?From all the pics i saw i couldn't understand if the U6000 can be portable and and if i could wear them around the neck...
Also,reading all the posts it's not very clear if they can be driven fine from an ipod classic and if the leakage is bad or not..
normal_smile .gif

They are comparable in size.  The M4U2 sounds better amped compared to the UE6000.

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #512 of 964
Thanks Craigster!I was actually very interested in the PSB M4U 2 but all the reports i've seen about the cracking issue made me consider the cheaper U6000 (i want to add a good portable and good looking noise cancelling headphones to the ones i'm using now - Sony Mdr-1R) 
normal_smile .gif
 Just a pity the build quality of the M4U 2 seems to be not very good..

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #513 of 964
Btw,would you still recommend the U6000 over the PSB M4U 2 for sound quality/Look/Portability and leakage?

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #514 of 964
Quote:
Btw,would you still recommend the U6000 over the PSB M4U 2 for sound quality/Look/Portability and leakage?

It is really preference.  The UE6000 is more of a basshead can.  Highs extend further on the M4U2.  IMO, the UE6000 is a better looking headphone.  Neither are great at noise cancellation, but both seem to isolate well passively and are comfortable.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #515 of 964
Thank you Craigster!justa pity i can't see and try the u6000 before buying (here in ireland they have just beats and..beats).As i said my main concern is how big they are as i would not feel comfortable going around with huge headphones on my head (for me beats pro are huge for example) :wink:

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #516 of 964
Quote:
Thank you Craigster!justa pity i can't see and try the u6000 before buying (here in ireland they have just beats and..beats).As i said my main concern is how big they are as i would not feel comfortable going around with huge headphones on my head (for me beats pro are huge for example)
wink.gif

UE6000 are MUCH lighter and more comfortable.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #517 of 964
I will have my PSB M4U 2 this week and I will give a comparison. I do like the UE 6000 alot but the more I listen to it, the more I here the compromises. It truly is a "fun" headphone and makes some of my music absolutely kill but ultimately I need more neutrality and I really miss the highs and the separation and soudstaging I have heard from higher end cans. This set I am working on now has to be an all-rounder for me. I need it for travel and at-desk usage. It needs to be portable but doesn't have to be tiny.

On a side note, I got to spend about 30 mins listening to a friends M100s. I liked them alot but there was not a huge enough difference between them and the UE 6000s to my ears. They are still a bass heavy can. The highs are a touch better and the bass isn't as heavy as the UE 6000s but its close. They were also uncomfortable to me.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #518 of 964
Quote:
Push harder. I thought this same thing at first. It feels like you'll break the input, then the cable snaps in place.
My experience anyways, don't break your headphone!

I think i expressed bad or you misunderstood. I'm french.

What i meant is that from what i've understood, people had difficulties plugging the jack cable because it didn't enter well in the whore. My problem is that the whore is to large and deep. It feels like the jack male plug should be bigger to fit well in it. So pushing harder doesn't change anything

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #519 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What i meant is that from what i've understood, people had difficulties plugging the jack cable because it didn't enter well in the whore. My problem is that the whore is to large and deep.

eek.gif

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #520 of 964
Quote:

What i meant is that from what i've understood, people had difficulties plugging the jack cable because it didn't enter well in the whore. My problem is that the whore is to large and deep. It feels like the jack male plug should be bigger to fit well in it. So pushing harder doesn't change anything

I've heard of others having the same problem.

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #521 of 964
Quote:
I've heard of others having the same problem.

It's really annoying. My battery cup doesn't close well aswell. It seems i've broken something while closing perhaps. It is weird cause i'm not hard with my stuffs and i may have opened that cup only 2 times (to put the batteries the first time).

The headphone is so great, the sound is really good but those 2 points are cons

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #522 of 964

:p:D

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #523 of 964
Quote:
It's really annoying. My battery cup doesn't close well aswell. It seems i've broken something while closing perhaps. It is weird cause i'm not hard with my stuffs and i may have opened that cup only 2 times (to put the batteries the first time).

The headphone is so great, the sound is really good but those 2 points are cons

fyi, in your post #518, I think you meant to use the word "hole" instead of "whore".  The difference in English is striking and some might even find humor in the context of your post :wink:

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #525 of 964
fyi, in your post #518, I think you meant to use the word "hole" instead of "whore".  The difference in English is striking and some might even find humor in the context of your post :wink:

got my laugh for the day thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back