[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #872 of 964
Is it just me or do the UE6000s sound really quiet and muffled out of the box (unamped)? I've been using mine at max volume with both my phone and computer, and it's rather underwhelming. Will burning in help with this? 

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #875 of 964
recently auditioned the UE4000...sounds really good off my android with lossless files...for genres like pop n jazz.
And it is going for a song in amazon. Might get a PURPLE jus for fun. :p

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094S36B4    36bucks??!

great review :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdPu4tIPL8

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #876 of 964
I received a pair of the UE6000 a couple of weeks ago.  I am very impressed with their sound and their build.  For $69+shipping, they are a steal.  

Has anyone paired them with a Fiio E11?  I saw in another UE6000 (found in search) thread that someone was having problems getting performance paired with the E17.  I'm looking at purchasing an E6 or E11 but want to be sure they are compatible.  On paper they seem compatible.....but want to make sure because the E17 is compatible on paper as well.  

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #877 of 964
Fiio amps are dark sounding. You might want something a bit brighter since the UE 6000 are already on the warm side. Don't quote me on this though, I am only repeating what someone else told me when I was searching for a amp.

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #878 of 964
I personally don't like them with the e11

They boost the side of the frequency that they don't need.. 

Slim is right, look for a bright amp because anything dark and bassy well only boost what the UE6000 is already good at.. which makes it pointless. Unless you want dark and bassy.. just a louder version of it.

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #879 of 964
I ended up getting an E11 because it was only $30.  It does exactly what I was looking for.  There is finally enough volume to make my music sound robust.    With the active nose cancelling off it does sound pretty dark.  But on most of my music, with the noise cancelling/boost on, I think they sound fantastic for the price.  

I know many of you like these headphones better in passive mode, but I am quite the opposite and like the boost the ANC provides.  Then again, I consider myself a consumer listener and have zero background in music or the production of music.

I do find myself making tweaks depending on the type of song is on.  On a bass heavy song I turn the EQ on the e11 to 0, and on something lighter I'll set it to 1.  EQ 2 is pretty much unusable with the UE6000.

I am very new to this hobby and look forward to learning more and will eventually upgrade undoubtedly.  But for now, I am happy as a clam with my setup that costed around $100

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #880 of 964
I prefer them in passive mode, but with bass boost amp...basically just using a better external bass boosting amp than the inbuilt one.

have you tried passive mode with e11 bass boost on +1/2? (i don't have an e11, so no idea how it would compare...but passive +1/2 may work better than active +0/1)

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #881 of 964
Is it just me or do the UE6000s sound really quiet and muffled out of the box (unamped)? I've been using mine at max volume with both my phone and computer, and it's rather underwhelming. Will burning in help with this? 

This is exactly what I have been trying to figure out. I've had a little burning in and "underwhelmed" is a great way to explain how it feels.

I have no experience but everyone is ranting and raving about these for the most part. People with more experience than myself. Mix that with QC issues, I just am not sure of what I am hearing.

NC on may degrade the sound quality but at least it sounds full and alive. Can't tell if we have a slightly defective passive mode, it greatly needs an amp, or I am just used to a different sound signature.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #882 of 964
This is exactly what I have been trying to figure out. I've had a little burning in and "underwhelmed" is a great way to explain how it feels.

I have no experience but everyone is ranting and raving about these for the most part. People with more experience than myself. Mix that with QC issues, I just am not sure of what I am hearing.

NC on may degrade the sound quality but at least it sounds full and alive. Can't tell if we have a slightly defective passive mode, it greatly needs an amp, or I am just used to a different sound signature.

The UE6000 are very "dark" as they call it when the treble is significantly rolled off. If you look at the frequency response the treble is significantly lower than everything else. If you're coming from most headphones this will leave you wanting more treble. Kind of like more cowbell. So you turn it up and you realize now the bass sounds very thumpy and boomy. I'm sure eventually you can get used to it but for me I always felt like something was missing. It's just not a "balanced" headphone.

Compare the frequency graph from UE6000 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf

and ATH-M50 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50.pdf

not really fair since the ATH is supposed to be a studio monitor but you can see how significant the treble is rolled off. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #883 of 964
The UE6000 are very "dark" as they call it when the treble is significantly rolled off. If you look at the frequency response the treble is significantly lower than everything else. If you're coming from most headphones this will leave you wanting more treble. Kind of like more cowbell. So you turn it up and you realize now the bass sounds very thumpy and boomy. I'm sure eventually you can get used to it but for me I always felt like something was missing. It's just not a "balanced" headphone.

Compare the frequency graph from UE6000 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf

and ATH-M50 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50.pdf

not really fair since the ATH is supposed to be a studio monitor but you can see how significant the treble is rolled off. 

Ah...thank you so much. That actually was a very informative an helpful replay.

It makes sense as I probably have never heard a sound signature like this. Most headphones I've experienced probably pop up the bass to make it sound "expensive" and then pop up the treble to compensate. Kind of like having the ANC on.

It's crazy how different things can sound. I'm gonna spend some unbiased time with these and see how I feel about the sound now that I'm not second guessing what I'm hearing.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #884 of 964
Just sold my ue9000 as I've found out it's the same as ue6000. I wasn't a huge fan of the wireless either and I didn't find myself using wireless often. While I did have it, It was extremely uncomfortable on the head so I bought a headband from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=Headphone+headband it really helped! Tight fit, but it worked. Made it a lot more comfortable.

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #885 of 964
Got at Very lightly used UE9000 for $50. I must say I like it's dual personality. In passive mode it's pretty darn good, using an E11 with high gain on and boost level 2. Everything sounds just about right. With NC on, I feel this is when I'm in my bass freak mood and really needing my sub bass dosage. It doesn't disappoint. Bluetooth quality is pretty impressive for me too! For $50, how can I complain? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back