[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #901 of 964
So, does anyone know why Logitech discontinued these? Seems a bit early to do so, I mean they have only been on the market for like 2 years now (not much for headphones really). Perhaps we get a UE 9/6000 successor? Any one hear any rumors? I'm curious.

May 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #904 of 964
lol I guess that makes sense if only they hurry up and release the new ones.

Btw, has anyone tried to take the blue cloth thats covering the drivers off? Does it change the sound for the better?

May 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #905 of 964
I wouldn't recommend removing the dust guard, but that's up to you.

I scored a non-working salesfloor UE6000.  I had to remove the noise-cancelling circuitry to get it working.  Now I can spend more tim-
Oh wait, it probably will sound quite different with working circuitry in place.  Derp.  Derpderpderp.

Well, it does sound great without it.  I think I'll add some dampening foam in the rear chamber (formerly the circuitry housing) to open up the sound.  It still sounds as relatively flat-ish in the mids and treble as when I tried one at an apple store, but I think it might be bassier now, not sure.

May 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #906 of 964
Mine have gone in the exact same place after only 2 months use

And not covered by warranty as I bought them as seller refurbished although it's not a technical failure rather

An obvious material fault

Logitech do not sell any spares for these so there scrap,,,

So all you ue 9000 owners be very carefully when using these headphones as there very fragile

And if it's out of warranty they will be considered scrap

Why oh why do these company's not stock spare parts,,,

Just a very amateurish way to operate and if will never purchase anymore of there products ever again

May 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #907 of 964
I just bought the 9000 UE in new condition for £60. The problem is, the battery won't hold its charge so it was sold for cheap on ebay. You can't even buy a replacement from Logitech which sucks, but I will buy one of these or make my own: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-7V-900-mAh-Polymer-Li-ion-Lithium-Cell-rechargeable-For-Mp3-GPS-sat-nav-703040-/181291300075?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item2a35cdb4eb

I also made a POP to send it back to Logitech for repair in case I can't be bothered to sort a battery out lol

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #910 of 964
  Yup don't buy UE9000 if you have a warranty issue you're screwed.  They'll just tell you they've been discontinued and suggest replacing them with UE900 (not very similar!).

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #911 of 964
Mine have gone in the exact same place after only 2 months use

And not covered by warranty as I bought them as seller refurbished although it's not a technical failure rather

An obvious material fault

Logitech do not sell any spares for these so there scrap,,,

So all you ue 9000 owners be very carefully when using these headphones as there very fragile

And if it's out of warranty they will be considered scrap

Why oh why do these company's not stock spare parts,,,

Just a very amateurish way to operate and if will never purchase anymore of there products ever again

I just got a pair in a job lot of customer returns on ebay with a broken headband. I figured they're not much good for resale so set about on a botched repair. I took a strip of aluminium and bent it to the same shape as the headband (used the box as a mould) Then used black duck tape to stick it as neatly as I could to the headband. Repairs pretty good although it was difficult to not get any creases in the tape. Thinking of getting a replacement headband cover from beyerdynamic to hide it. But they're strong and clamp perfectly.

On another note I don't know why these don't get more love. The freedom of being wireless with controls on the headphones themselves is epic. I also really like the sound, a bit like a full size tf10 in my opinion. Although they do sound similar to the UE6000 in passive wired mode (I.e. without amplification, a bit lacking in my opinion) In bluetooth mode they sound great. I know purists don't like any electronic modification of the sound but it's just so much fuller across the frequency range. Paired fine with my Note 3 and with the latest bluetooth standard for audio playback (I forget what its called) they are hard to knock. Its a shame because I've been avoiding bluetooth headphones for some time thinking that they would mean too much of a compromise in audio quality. Definitely my favourite on the go cans at the moment, even thinking about buying an undamaged pair.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #913 of 964
Anyone figure out a way to put new ear pads on these? It's the only thing stopping me from buying these.

I don't think they sell replacement parts full stop for these headphones but that doesn't necessarily rule out a diy fix. On a plus note the pads seem pretty good quality and should last a while. However, they are pleather and might crack over time due to grease from skin and hair etc.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #914 of 964
  Anyone figure out a way to put new ear pads on these? It's the only thing stopping me from buying these.

The pads have double-sided adhesive, just pull them off, they will require a good bit of force.  Also note that the edges of the cups have tiny tabs along the perimeter - these help hold the earpads in place much as with Sennheiser's HD4x8/4x9 if you've encountered those.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #915 of 964
Well I just picked up a pair of UE6000's for $78. Better than expected, going to enjoy commuting with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back