[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
May 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #1,531 of 2,011

Quote:
First off, try disabling all microphones (muting them is sufficient). In fact, mute everything except for your primary sound. See if that helps!

Secondly, try using a different source. If it doesn't show up elsewhere, then your laptop's audio hardware is like all other integrated audio hardware, just plain terrible.

One sound system impressed me so far, and that was the sound on the Dell Zino HD. The quality and performance was bad, but it actually outputs line out out the back. I was pretty impressed by that!

Here's an update. I think it is my laptop's fault, not the audio card or anything.

I realized this because I was doing assignment earlier and I had everything turned off. When it is really quiet, I can hear the same noise I heard in the RE0, THE SAME THING! LOL

So yeah ... I guess I am gonna bear with it for awhile until I get a new laptop :)

May 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #1,532 of 2,011
It's been mentioned but laptop headphone ports are pretty noisy.  I haven't found a sure-fire way of cutting this noise down, but it comes from several places:

1. Poor grounding
  2. Hard drive EM interference
  3. Fan noise and EM interferance

Try unplugging your power supply, see if that helps.  I have not found a laptop PC that has not had some sort of line noise.

May 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #1,533 of 2,011
I just took them out of the little aluminum box i bring them inside. I just wanted to listen them for a while before sleeping.
This is how i actually found them:

Basically, those 2 pieces were simply glued, and they divided with no reason at all. 
Am I the only one who's experienced this problem?

What should i do now? 
frown.gif

May 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #1,535 of 2,011
I wonder is there any way to make the original biflange smaller?

I tried to use the spare biflange that came along with the RE0 but they are no good ... either they too small or they can't even fit the earphone without breaking the filter.

Am I doing something wrong?

May 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #1,536 of 2,011

You can cut the noise down significantly using an amp, just put the volume on the source louder and the volume on the amp lower. Works perfecly with my Fiio E5.

This or you can turn the volume down on some IEMs that have that control on the wire (CX400-II for example). 
Quote:
It's been mentioned but laptop headphone ports are pretty noisy.  I haven't found a sure-fire way of cutting this noise down, but it comes from several places:

1. Poor grounding
  2. Hard drive EM interference
  3. Fan noise and EM interferance

Try unplugging your power supply, see if that helps.  I have not found a laptop PC that has not had some sort of line noise.

May 14, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #1,537 of 2,011

Quote:
I wonder is there any way to make the original biflange smaller?

I tried to use the spare biflange that came along with the RE0 but they are no good ... either they too small or they can't even fit the earphone without breaking the filter.

Am I doing something wrong?

If the small biflanges are too big for you, try using the meelec M11 tip set. The biflange is a little smaller and softer.

May 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #1,538 of 2,011
I recently lost a small bi-flange tip and i'm thinking about grabbing a replacement kit from head-direct for $15. There isn't really any other comfortable pair of tips for me in the set with the RE0's i got, so should i go ahead and just purchase the $15 kit from head-direct or should i try out another set of tips (thinking about grabbing sony hybrids). Open to suggestions for tips!

May 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #1,539 of 2,011

I recently lost a small bi-flange tip and i'm thinking about grabbing a replacement kit from head-direct for $15. There isn't really any other comfortable pair of tips for me in the set with the RE0's i got, so should i go ahead and just purchase the $15 kit from head-direct or should i try out another set of tips (thinking about grabbing sony hybrids). Open to suggestions for tips!

$15 for tips $15 shipping. I don't think it costs $15 to ship something that weights wayyyy less than a pound. Just buy the Sony hybrids. They sound much better than any tips that they supply with the re0s.

May 15, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #1,541 of 2,011

Quote:
$15 for tips $15 shipping. I don't think it costs $15 to ship something that weights wayyyy less than a pound. Just buy the Sony hybrids. They sound much better than any tips that they supply with the re0s.

Where abouts did you grab your Sony hybrids from schwallman? im considering the purchase of the white tips, but do you really think that the hybrids sound much better than the small bi-flange tips? How's the comfort with the hybrid tips on the RE0? I hate dealing with the rest of these RE0 tips, they just end up making my head feel congested or making my ears sore as well as making them incredibly itchy after ~20 minutes!

May 15, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #1,542 of 2,011

Quote:

Where abouts did you grab your Sony hybrids from schwallman? im considering the purchase of the white tips, but do you really think that the hybrids sound much better than the small bi-flange tips? How's the comfort with the hybrid tips on the RE0? I hate dealing with the rest of these RE0 tips, they just end up making my head feel congested or making my ears sore as well as making them incredibly itchy after ~20 minutes!

May 18, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #1,544 of 2,011
Officially back on team RE0. Ideally I'd keep my E-q7 but besides a soundstage cleanup and funner treble. RE0 does everything as well as the e-q7 at less than half the price. :)

May 18, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #1,545 of 2,011
Creative eartips?
You might want to ask kostalex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back