[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
May 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #1,546 of 2,011

Where abouts did you grab your Sony hybrids from schwallman? im considering the purchase of the white tips, but do you really think that the hybrids sound much better than the small bi-flange tips? How's the comfort with the hybrid tips on the RE0? I hate dealing with the rest of these RE0 tips, they just end up making my head feel congested or making my ears sore as well as making them incredibly itchy after ~20 minutes!

I got them for like $10 on amazon. I went with the with ones also. I only found the stock larger biflanges to give me the sound I was looking for. I can only use maybe two pairs of the sonys. They really don't bother me at all and I find the hybrids with the green center has the best bass.

May 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #1,547 of 2,011
Itchiness? lol

Try washing them with soap and water.

May 20, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #1,549 of 2,011

Quote:
I have experience with the PL50 and also the Eterna. How is the isolation of the Re0 as compared to both of them. Assume PL50 is 60% and Eterna is 100%.

Isolation would depends on the tips to use. RE0 has a generic housing so it should stay put inside your ear channel easily (say, compare to TF10 or RE252).

For large ear channels, best tips are the stock large bi-flanges

For medium ear channels, best tips are the Sony hybrid (medium)

For small ear channels, best tips are the stock small bi-flanges

RE0 does not like to pair with tips with deep insertion (e.g. ER4 triple flanges) as it will further decrease its bass response. E.g. using the stock small bi-flanges in medium/large ear-channels is a complete disaster.

May 21, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #1,550 of 2,011
Hey guys, hopping back on the RE0 train. Just got a new pair today, having previously bought one about 8 months to a year ago(I really don't remember). I was under the impression that they stopped changing the RE0. But when I got them today I noticed that(and this is purely from memory) 1. The housing seems to be wider 2. The Nozzle seems to be longer(and I don't remember the silver part at the bottom on my old one) 3. There are less tips(there is a medium black one but it is definitely different than the one I used and it was impossible for me to get that thing on the nozzle) and 4. There was plenty of bass with big bi-flanges and largest sony hybrid(but I used the medium black tips in my old one)

Is anybody aware of the changes?

May 22, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #1,551 of 2,011
So out of curiosity who's getting the RE-Zeros (the special edition RE0s if you haven't heard of them yet) when they come out? I'll have to pick up a pair eventually.

May 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #1,552 of 2,011
I might.
I hope they are an even better version of the original zeros, but with 252's bass. Should be epic =P

May 24, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #1,553 of 2,011
There's only one small complaint I have about these. I find the 1-2kHz peak a bit too harsh occasionally. The Nuforce uDAC might be a factor? If it weren't for that brightness, and if there were a bit more sub-bass I'd probably be willing to spend $100 more on these (I'm more interested in high-end customs at this point, and am not considering $200+ iems). At their current price, however, I'd better stop whining. These IEMs are amazing for their price! =D Okay, going back to oogling over the JH-customs.

May 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #1,554 of 2,011
If you just got the RE0, you might want to put some hours onto it. The harshness will smooth out with some burn-in.

May 24, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #1,555 of 2,011
Mine are on their way now, can't wait to get them and try them out!

May 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #1,556 of 2,011

Quote:
For large ear channels, best tips are the stock large bi-flanges

For medium ear channels, best tips are the Sony hybrid (medium)

For small ear channels, best tips are the stock small bi-flanges

Today I just found a pair of better tips than the Sony hybrid medium: a pair of "faux" Sony hybrid tips on ebay. The "faux" Sony hybrid got a bigger opening and it gives a better bass/treble balance then the real deal Sony hybrids!

May 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,557 of 2,011
So I shouldn't have bought the real ones. =\
lol

May 24, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #1,558 of 2,011

Quote:

Today I just found a pair of better tips than the Sony hybrid medium: a pair of "faux" Sony hybrid tips on ebay. The "faux" Sony hybrid got a bigger opening and it gives a better bass/treble balance then the real deal Sony hybrids!

Wondering which pair of "faux" you got since there are two places on ebay that i've found.

May 24, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #1,559 of 2,011
I've read around that the best quality fakes are the ones from lostearbuds. Don't know if those were the ones he got though

May 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #1,560 of 2,011
There's different fake ones now? lol

I got mine from a US dealer. I wasn't sure what difference I was hearing, so I just stick to the stock single flange. They give the most balanced sound to me.

I do love the Sony hybrids on my MTPCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back