Review: Grado Statement 1000
Dec 9, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #76 of 211
Oh yes — "life"...
Sometimes one just tends to forget that there is something beyond headphones and music listening
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #77 of 211
Honestly...I don't even have a lot of time to fire up my main rig that much, at least not that much lately. A handful of times over the last month. In fact, I have not even listened to vinyl in 5 months! (phono stage is broken...saving up for repairs).

Soon though, things will get organized and I'll be in a good place that I can start writing and listening again.

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #78 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only guess (having experienced many of his amps and his crossfeed (which he loves) is that the Tyll's impressions may have been induced by Headroom crossfeed based listening (which boosts the bass considerably IMO)...

I don't have and haven't tested the GS1000, but I do have the pimped HR desktop. IMHO, the crossfeed doesn't so much increase the bass volume as move it to soundstage center. However, with the brightness filter on, yes, bass boost is conspicuous. From all that I've read, the GS1000 (blackdragoned) is still on the top of my Christmas wish list.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #82 of 211
The only disappointment that I have about grado brand is this distribution around the world. Here, for example, and in many countries, there aren't many places where you can buy a pair. If you currently live a little "far away", like me, don't expect to find in a store near home. Other manufacturers, usually Senn and AKG, are fairly easy to try and test with your favourite CDs on a store. Well, if I want one of these hand-made cans I have to put an order online and wait.

Of course, firstly I have to save money.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #83 of 211
Hmm, its been a while since I posted this review. I'm just about finished Part II, wherein I compare the GS-1000's with the RS-1's, MS-Pro's, HP-1's and PS-1's. Once I can source a pair of R10's, I'll be able to finish off finally with a sister thread to Markls' review of the L3000, R10 and GS-1000's. I've been graciously loaned a pair of L3000's for a good while and know their sound intimately now.

Hopefully Part II will be up tonight.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #84 of 211
can't wait
rs1smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, its been a while since I posted this review. I'm just about finished Part II, wherein I compare the GS-1000's with the RS-1's, MS-Pro's, HP-1's and PS-1's. Once I can source a pair of R10's, I'll be able to finish off finally with a sister thread to Markls' review of the L3000, R10 and GS-1000's. I've been graciously loaned a pair of L3000's for a good while and know their sound intimately now.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #85 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can't wait
rs1smile.gif

Me neither
gs1000.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #86 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very interested in this, would you mind doing some A/B on the GS1k and PS-1 both with flats and comment on how similar or different they are?

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #87 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in this, would you mind doing some A/B on the GS1k and PS-1 both with flats and comment on how similar or different they are?

Sure!
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #88 of 211
Quote:

Noooo! LOL We want him coherent enough to type the review out
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #89 of 211
Quote:

If you can, compare the GS1k and PS-1 with standard bowl pads as well.
I look forward to your comments!

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #90 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can, compare the GS1k and PS-1 with standard bowl pads as well.
I look forward to your comments!

that's a good point. i'd use em with bowl pads too - you know, for Da Bass.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back