Resistance of cables; pics, comments, and links
May 18, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #271 of 407
For anyone else looking for a L-plug 2.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter to avoid putting strain on your straight cables:

I msg'd 'CEMA Electro acousti Store' (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5003206?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.18741e3204CoWj) through Message Centre and advised I want the following assembled into a short 2.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter.
I told him i want the cable to be as short as possible which he advised is 5cm and to also apply any Head-Fi/Hakuzen discount. The final price he quoted was US$23.8 + shipping - I think that's a great price considering they will assemble all the above parts for you and these 3 parts have @hakuzen seal of approval :thumbsup:. Do consider this option if you're looking for the same as it seems such an adapter does not exist right now out of the box.
thank you so much for resuming the hint! i'm very glad you got it, these guys have saved me when troubled many times. i searched for the ready made adapter even in the biggest market in the world (chinese market) with no success.
and 3.5mm L adapter.. i only found crap, very low quality adapters which degraded sound

May 18, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #272 of 407
thank you so much for resuming the hint! i'm very glad you got it, these guys have saved me when troubled many times. i searched for the ready made adapter even in the biggest market in the world (chinese market) with no success.
and 3.5mm L adapter.. i only found crap, very low quality adapters which degraded sound

I'm excited to receive it, it's so cool that we can get custom cables and adapters made so cheaply in Aliexpress with good quality components - what a great find.

May 19, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #273 of 407
What number is the kbear/nicehck C4-1 in the list? Thanks.

May 19, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #274 of 407
What number is the kbear/nicehck C4-1 in the list? Thanks.
I think none of them are in my list. I'm not going to buy more cables to try, had enough; so if a seller/distributor/particular doesn't send me a cable to measure and try it, it won't appear in the database.

May 19, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #275 of 407
For anyone else looking for a L-plug 2.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter to avoid putting strain on your straight cables:

I msg'd 'CEMA Electro acousti Store' (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5003206?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.18741e3204CoWj) through Message Centre and advised I want the following assembled into a short 2.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter.
I told him i want the cable to be as short as possible which he advised is 5cm and to also apply any Head-Fi/Hakuzen discount. The final price he quoted was US$23.8 + shipping - I think that's a great price considering they will assemble all the above parts for you and these 3 parts have @hakuzen seal of approval :thumbsup:. Do consider this option if you're looking for the same as it seems such an adapter does not exist right now out of the box.

And here is what it looks like assembled. Seller sent me a pic;

1589941362082.png

May 25, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #277 of 407
Hi!

I've read and read again the post but I've a question before purchase for you.

Can you tell me what you think about this cable ?
I'm not sure when I see the original price at 200€. I would like a copper ( more bass, less high) with huge soundstage if possible. It's for a ibasso it01

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8aJdql

Screenshot_20200525-105140_AliExpress.jpg
that original price at 200 is complete BS, ignore it.

May 25, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #279 of 407
And what is your opinion about this cable ? It seem pretty nice but I don't know I hesitate about it. No one have it ?
I don't have it. But since you are new (?) into this hobby you probably shouldn't spend much money on cables and more on the iems itself. If you really want a better cable then check out the Faaeal litz cable
US $14.31 20%OFF | FAAEAL 4Core High Purity Copper cable with 2Pin/MMCX Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Gold-plated plug Earphone Upgrade Cable For TFZ/TRN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8Y00rX

May 25, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #280 of 407
I don't have it. But since you are new (?) into this hobby you probably shouldn't spend much money on cables and more on the iems itself. If you really want a better cable then check out the Faaeal litz cable
US $14.31 20%OFF | FAAEAL 4Core High Purity Copper cable with 2Pin/MMCX Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Gold-plated plug Earphone Upgrade Cable For TFZ/TRN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8Y00rX

I want to spend less of 100€ not more, for sure.
But I'm newbie with iem but not in audio headphone. I would like to find a great cable for long time. So I prefer directly buy a good one and in few month year eventually an upgrade but not now for sure.

May 25, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #281 of 407
Hi!

I've read and read again the post but I've a question before purchase for you.

Can you tell me what you think about this cable ?
I'm not sure when I see the original price at 200€. I would like a copper ( more bass, less high) with huge soundstage if possible. It's for a ibasso it01

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8aJdql

that is cable 165 in my list. it was my first OEM up-occ cable, and i liked it very much. it's a good cable, but it has got same price now than when i purchased it, and the seller is banned and not recommendable at all.
if you are looking for good quality and durable cable under 100, you can find better deals now.
check how the jack was bent in cable 165:
165_01.jpg
you can find quite better quality jacks in cable 170/171 of my list, for example. the jack in cable 165 costs $2 at china. the jack in cable 170 costs 5 times more, and it is worth it.
cable 170 uses similar wire, oem up-occ copper, but litz version (which i found better).
effect audio maestro (soon in my list), in vogue series, uses multi-size stranded up-occ copper litz, and it is better as well.

anyway, my experience with most up-occ copper wires is tighter bass perception (and cleaner) than with other copper wires. you should surf through my list deeply, you might find what you want.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #284 of 407
i'm going to try it..
Hehehe.. I alrd pull the trigger...
But I think I order a bit wrong... I order 8 braid all same composition... supposed to mixed again with silver... just saying

hope delivery didn't take long... current situation, shipment is crazy delay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back