Resistance of cables; pics, comments, and links
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #166 of 407
considering all this, i think i get the point of what @superuser1 means. most important matters in our life, like love, imagination, creativity, art, meanings, are far to be explained by science (and i think they are out of its scope). music is an expression of our imagination, creativity, and art, besides of science. so we can try a science approach (you know i put my efforts in measuring everything i can), but also a non-science approach, to talk about sound and music.
BINGO!
My apologies, i am too stupid to be articulate enough :D

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #168 of 407
or, if you are going to get mad like me with low resistance measurements, check YR1030/1035 at 11.11, with 4 poles clamps. you'll save the cables cost.
Hmm.. That;s very tempting..

But since new rules implemented, Device that have batteries in it, will be very difficult to enter our custom...
let me find out more...

Oct 28, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #169 of 407
my idea is to do 3 tests using 3 cables (low resistance ofc copper, up-occ copper litz, and up-occ silver). hope my brother will be patient enough.. he is living in another city, and it's not easy to meet, so i have to convince him to do as many tests we can, leaving time for other matters as well.

it's very interesting what you tell. every day we are finding new variables which can affect sound. i've read about dielectric, topology, etc. how different frequencies use different parts of the conductor to travel, and this is also affected by near surrounding currents (like it happens with twisted and braided wires), or by the shape of the wires (cylinder, oval, prism), or by the dielectrics used.
we are reading every day how nano topology matters in many scopes. the same material has different attributes in the borders than inside. and possibly many other unknown parameters are involved.
we are not able to measure all them now, even if you have kilobucks instrumentation. soundstage, for example. width can be related to crosstalk measurements, but depth and height... the spatial representation of the sounds in our mind can provoke a different sound perception even when frequency response (quantity) and distortion are the same.
we can try our best to measure all we can, but we are limited, and the whole science is also limited. the knowledge about our brain and perception is already in the beginnings. science has changed a lot since quantum physics, to discover we are already little rookies.

considering all this, i think i get the point of what @superuser1 means. most important matters in our life, like love, imagination, creativity, art, meanings, are far to be explained by science (and i think they are out of its scope). music is an expression of our imagination, creativity, and art, besides of science. so we can try a science approach (you know i put my efforts in measuring everything i can), but also a non-science approach, to talk about sound and music. people ignoring the known science part of the sound is not more stupid than people ignoring the non-science or unknown part. we ought to try both approach, and to avoid to disqualify any of them. let's sum, and not divide.
i guess you agree with part of this perspective (based on your usual comments), but wanted to show it here explicitly to help to reconcile both sides. cables discussions would be more bearable.
too many topics, I'm going to push your thread so far off track if I start replying seriously to all of them, and will probably get crucified for using too many of the banned terms in this section^_^.
no matter how complicated things are and how mysterious a cause, at the output we'll get a signal affected by all those many causes in the right proportions. so recording that signal with 2 cables used a certain way with certain devices, will tell you all you need to know about how much the signal changed. null the output and you'll see exactly that(plus some noise maybe). it's not very interesting because a small phase shift can leave giant amplitudes on a null when they're usually inaudible for a listener(up to a point). so the visual might not correlate with audibility. but as far as mystery variable not yet found in measurements, if it doesn't change the output, it's not an audio mystery. now finding out what it is and what caused it specifically in a given cable... that could be a lot of work for sure. and with our equipment, we would fail to answer many such questions:crying_cat_face:. but I insist on the distinction between having a model or understanding something, as opposed to confirming that it's happening. confirming a sound change is relatively easy and reliable.
as for audiblity... well that is entirely made of the things I must not say here, so I won't.:imp:

people ignoring the known science part of the sound is not more stupid than people ignoring the non-science or unknown part.
I don't think a fully subjective approach is inferior to a fully objective approach because a fully objective approach doesn't exist in this hobby. ^_^ did you forever kill your feelings for music and your imagination the day you got your first microphone and made a FR graph with it? I'm gonna take a very small risk and bet a box of Pringles that you didn't.
so the fake dichotomy doesn't exist, and the real one involves people who stay away from a form of knowledge while other don't. the former will tend to miss out on that form of knowledge they ignored. obviously.

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #170 of 407
My Measurement of FiiO adapter LL 44 : 4.4 Female TRRS to 3.5 Male TRS was 10...<10...10...10 Amazed...

OKCS 4.4 TRRS female to 2.5 TRRS male : 30...30...70..20
20191029_065731.jpg
forgot to meassure the cable length... will update again...
Btw, this was the adapter that I need to re solder because bad connection when I bought this..

edit

ALO SuperLitz SPC 3.5 cable, CFA Solaris Original Cable

Never thought, this is quite fun... hehehe..

edit 2:

Cable 130 4.4mm : 90...100...80...90...

Hahaha..

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #174 of 407
Hey there @fokta - any measurements of your 179. cable yet now that you are in the "measuring game"?

Cheers,
Tim

Yes, the measurement alrd did 2 days ago

179 (165 8c) :
160, 200, 110, 130 mOhm...

hehehe...

Now need to takes things slow, learning a lot of things yesterday...

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #176 of 407
Thank you for sharing - interesting that the numbers are not closer to each other left vs right and even + vs - ...

Cheers,
Tim
Yes.. The Probe I used is reguler... so I also quite not to confident...

even when measuring things that alrd measured by Hakuzen, I am a bit sceptic... 175 and 165, mine is a bit less... will publish soon.. I forgot to bring my note...

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #177 of 407
Appreciation post
I believe this post should have been made a month ago, but I became too busy and could not get back with my feedbacks on the following cable from Electro Acousti store in aliexpress that @hakuzen suggested.
The cables- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007390866.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.24.67b936b6yXnmDd
I got a 1m long 4 core mmcx terminated cable for the Sony N3 iems. Costed me 64$ including assembly. Got my hands on them within10 days in Bangladesh. These blew the stock N3 cables away sonically. Massively enhanced soundstage, Deeper bass, fuller mids, more refined highs with better control over all the frequencies. These made the N3s an iem to beat under 500$. However, the 2.5mm jack was probably a bit thicker than usual and even though provided a solid connection, actually made the 2.5mm female terminals quite loose with other 2.5mm jacks that I have.
The 2.5mm jack I used were these- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33058955689.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.28.67b936b6yXnmDd

Need suggestions-
I should also mention that I have actually sold by N3 with the cable and got myself an Campfire andromeda. Now I need recommendation for 2 things-
1. Sub 100$ 2.5mm mmcx cable that complements the andromeda.
2. 2.5mm female to 4pin xlr male adapter. High quality.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #178 of 407
20191029_135807.jpg
my 175 cable measurement

20191030_191920.jpg

Seems my Measurement is lesser then Hakuzen, but when I tried The DD adapter again.. still higher
DD 2.5 - 4.4 : 90...100...100...80
20191030_194311.jpg
OKCS 4.4 - 2.5

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #179 of 407
Appreciation post
I believe this post should have been made a month ago, but I became too busy and could not get back with my feedbacks on the following cable from Electro Acousti store in aliexpress that @hakuzen suggested.
The cables- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007390866.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.24.67b936b6yXnmDd
I got a 1m long 4 core mmcx terminated cable for the Sony N3 iems. Costed me 64$ including assembly. Got my hands on them within10 days in Bangladesh. These blew the stock N3 cables away sonically. Massively enhanced soundstage, Deeper bass, fuller mids, more refined highs with better control over all the frequencies. These made the N3s an iem to beat under 500$. However, the 2.5mm jack was probably a bit thicker than usual and even though provided a solid connection, actually made the 2.5mm female terminals quite loose with other 2.5mm jacks that I have.
The 2.5mm jack I used were these- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33058955689.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.28.67b936b6yXnmDd

Need suggestions-
I should also mention that I have actually sold by N3 with the cable and got myself an Campfire andromeda. Now I need recommendation for 2 things-
1. Sub 100$ 2.5mm mmcx cable that complements the andromeda.
2. 2.5mm female to 4pin xlr male adapter. High quality.

Thanks.
thank you for sharing your experience!
i enjoy finding people who notice the same difference i did of oem up-occ wires respect of the rest of the wires you can find in chinese market.

i haven't got internet at home for some days, so i can't link the xlr4 to 2.5mm female adapters i got. i got two "short" adapters at taobao. music heaven one (one of their models, the shortest, but a bit expensive). and a blend of EST (japan) 2.5mm socket with neutrik xlr4 jack (decent affordable quality, guess you could DiY this one). you can find a similar one using furukawa xlr4, but the price is much more expensive.
another option is drop adapter, which is venture electronics one, which can be found at aliexpress as well.
another option is DIYing your wired adapter, where you can choose your desired socket and jack, but also your desired wire and solder).

about andromeda, i haven't tried it, but judging by signature impressions and price, i'd recommend cable 175 of my list, for example, to improve the highs perception compared with other wires. 8 cores version costs much more than the budget you mentioned, but guess its price keeps proportion with androneda price.

i'll receive 4 new cables next week. but i'll also start a job on monday (very few free hours left daily), and have already many pendent tasks.
however, hope to recover internet and to add them to the database before 11.11 sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Back