RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #421 of 3,674
He certainly has some interesting mannerisms, but I enjoy watching some of his videos just to get some exposure on all the chi-fi models being released.
I think aaf is referring to a few instances where BGGAR displayed some, um... lowlife racist behavior

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #422 of 3,674
I think aaf is referring to a few instances where BGGAR displayed some, um... lowlife racist behavior

had no idea, definitely not a supporter of racial enmity. I’m Buddhist, so I’m all about love and kindness for all.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #423 of 3,674
had no idea, definitely not a supporter of racial enmity. I’m Buddhist, so I’m all about love and kindness for all.
Yeahhh he’s said and done some terrible things in recent times :/

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #424 of 3,674
I listened to MEST at CanJam NYC back in February and it was one of my favorites of the show, albeit not enough for me to consider a purchase (bass not enough for my basshead itch). I listened to the MEST and Mason V3+ at the MusicTeck booth and when I told the guy working the table I liked the MEST better he looked at me like I had two heads, haha.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #425 of 3,674
I listened to MEST at CanJam NYC back in February and it was one of my favorites of the show, albeit not enough for me to consider a purchase (bass not enough for my basshead itch). I listened to the MEST and Mason V3+ at the MusicTeck booth and when I told the guy working the table I liked the MEST better he looked at me like I had two heads, haha.
What’s your current setup out of curiosity?

Also does anyone in this thread know UM dealers I could contact to maybe get a demo moving? @Layman1 welp buddy

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #426 of 3,674
For IEMs, FiiO M15, HiBy R5 or Lotoo PAW S1 with HYLA Sarda, Z1R and EE LX (which I have sold and rebought a second and final time, haha). Cycled through quite a bit the last 2 years or so and I'm really happy with this trio currently (so much so that I am reshelling the LX and Sarda to Custom and getting some custom silicone tips for the Z1R), though the curiosity never goes away completely. This darn hobby is fueled off FOMO. Looking forward to get in on upcoming Sultan and ODIN tours. I went ahead and signed up for the Thummim tour after reading glowing reviews including yours, though I'm not sure I could stomach the price on that one!

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #427 of 3,674
For IEMs, FiiO M15, HiBy R5 or Lotoo PAW S1 with HYLA Sarda, Z1R and EE LX (which I have sold and rebought a second and final time, haha). Cycled through quite a bit the last 2 years or so and I'm really happy with this trio currently (so much so that I am reshelling the LX and Sarda to Custom and getting some custom silicone tips for the Z1R), though the curiosity never goes away completely. This darn hobby is fueled off FOMO. Looking forward to get in on upcoming Sultan and ODIN tours. I went ahead and signed up for the Thummim tour after reading glowing reviews including yours, though I'm not sure I could stomach the price on that one!

Same here on iems north of 4K, frankly, 3K as well. The Odin was a fluke purchase that detracted from my stated policy of not spending more than 2K.

Sep 12, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #428 of 3,674
Same here on iems north of 4K, frankly, 3K as well. The Odin was a fluke purchase that detracted from my stated policy of not spending more than 2K.
I haven’t broken $2K yet and not sure I will. Being able to audition on tours has been great, for example the Eylsium and Erlkonig. While I enjoyed them, the performance doesn’t justify the price difference vs the $1-2K range stalwarts IMO.

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #429 of 3,674
@mvvRAZ you should check out Infinity mk2 by Rhapsodio , @davidmolliere just wrote a glowing review about it....

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #431 of 3,674
If he cant spend for MEST, I doubt he would be willing to spend double that for the Infinity! Although I would love to hear a detailed impression of that, it was on my radar for sometime!
I’d be interested in that but no way I’m paying the EU markup.... seriously considering opening a dealership in the EU with actually fair and adequate prices tbh

Sep 13, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #434 of 3,674
I’d be interested in that but no way I’m paying the EU markup.... seriously considering opening a dealership in the EU with actually fair and adequate prices tbh
Go for it! I'll be your independent in-house reviewer if you let me borrow your demo units. :wink: I'm not cheap though, as Alex just raised my salary to three bags of Cheetos at Christmas. :sweat_smile:

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #435 of 3,674
Go for it! I'll be your independent in-house reviewer if you let me borrow your demo units. :wink: I'm not cheap though, as Alex just raised my salary to three bags of Cheetos at Christmas. :sweat_smile:

Hey @Wyville it's Sunday , it's time for doggie pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back