RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Apr 14, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #3,422 of 3,674
First will come the burn in guys
Then I'll be using the wrong IEMs
After that, my bet would be on not using a PW FT or Orpheus
Lastly, the internal wiring and quantum stickers guys
You forgot the source!

On another note, I have been enjoying Spotify more than my Qobuz or Tidal subscription, and the sound quality you dont even think about it after 2-3 songs, also it sounds pretty darn good!

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #3,423 of 3,674
You forgot the source!

On another note, I have been enjoying Spotify more than my Qobuz or Tidal subscription, and the sound quality you dont even think about it after 2-3 songs, also it sounds pretty darn good!
Yeah I'd be all over Spotify like a wet rash if the slightly-illegal Tidal ripping tools didn't exist, I can import entire playlist from Tidal on my LPGT with it, and I'm not giving up Lotoo for streaming :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #3,424 of 3,674
Yeah I'd be all over Spotify like a wet rash if the slightly-illegal Tidal ripping tools didn't exist, I can import entire playlist from Tidal on my LPGT with it, and I'm not giving up Lotoo for streaming :frowning2:
Yeah I know what you're referring to, but do you use that and manually copy them to an sdcard all the time? Dont you find it a bit cumbersome?

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #3,425 of 3,674
Yeah I know what you're referring to, but do you use that and manually copy them to an sdcard all the time? Dont you find it a bit cumbersome?
Speaking of cumbersome, I'm learning to live without Android again with the WM1Z. How I wish it had a WiFi transfer/DLNA feature. Other than that, can't say I'm missing streaming apps or even Plex since I can just LDAC into the Walkman from my phone without much of a SQ hit (especially for streaming).

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #3,426 of 3,674
Even though I have Plexamp, I keep using UPNP the most with my daps or 2ch. Also since I'm quite content with spotify's sq right now, Im thinking of joining the non-Android team too. Can I use spotify the same way as you do with LDAC?

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,427 of 3,674
Yeah, download files - move them to the SD card. I hate Bluetooth with a blind passion, and my own files are much more organized than my Tidal library, so even if i get the N8II I'm not planning on actually using its streaming capabilities - will just insert an SD card

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #3,428 of 3,674
Speaking of cumbersome, I'm learning to live without Android again with the WM1Z. How I wish it had a WiFi transfer/DLNA feature. Other than that, can't say I'm missing streaming apps or even Plex since I can just LDAC into the Walkman from my phone without much of a SQ hit (especially for streaming).
When people tell me I need Orphy to hear [insert whatever here] better, I treat that statement the same way I do when people tell me I can use Bluetooth (of any description) and have a comparable listening experience :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #3,429 of 3,674
When people tell me I need Orphy to hear [insert whatever here] better, I treat that statement the same way I do when people tell me I can use Bluetooth (of any description) and have a comparable listening experience :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How to trigger all of Head-Fi in one statement

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #3,430 of 3,674
Apr 14, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #3,432 of 3,674
Wouldn’t it be easier to trigger them by just saying „who would pay that much money for peasant copper when you can get silver instead“. 😉
To be fair nobody officially knows what is in Orpheus... In the marketing stuff it's all "unknown" materials.

Might even be zinc :p

Apr 14, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #3,435 of 3,674
Yeah, download files - move them to the SD card. I hate Bluetooth with a blind passion, and my own files are much more organized than my Tidal library, so even if i get the N8II I'm not planning on actually using its streaming capabilities - will just insert an SD card
You definitely lose the music discovery features of Tidal if you rip the music to your own playlists and forgo streaming. But, given the problems I have been having with downloaded Tidal music lately, I am thinking about moving in that direction. Maybe I will rip my playlists to SD Card and just stream the Mixes and Track Radio.

How is the quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back