RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Apr 11, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #3,406 of 3,674
Post a What’s In The Bag!!!!!
Just picked up a new set of Callaway Epic Max driver, 4h,5h,6-pw. Never will upgrade the Scotty putter. Needed lighter club, wippy shafts for my senior golf. Now we're looking at a blizzard so I’ll look forward to couple @doctorjuggles cables to arrive soon.

Apr 12, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #3,407 of 3,674
Just picked up a new set of Callaway Epic Max driver, 4h,5h,6-pw. Never will upgrade the Scotty putter. Needed lighter club, wippy shafts for my senior golf. Now we're looking at a blizzard so I’ll look forward to couple @doctorjuggles cables to arrive soon.
I gotta dig out all the Scotty’s for a group photo :D recently got a bettinardi too though and been very happy with it

Callaway seem to have really upped their driver game the past few years. Last driver of theirs I owned was the OG Diablo which didn’t work out for me at all, but I tried their rogue ST lineup and ended up buying the LS, only to follow with the triple diamond a few weeks later haha… golf gear is a diff level of obsession and is “cheap” compared to the atrocity that’s IEM prices

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #3,408 of 3,674
I gotta dig out all the Scotty’s for a group photo :D recently got a bettinardi too though and been very happy with it

Callaway seem to have really upped their driver game the past few years. Last driver of theirs I owned was the OG Diablo which didn’t work out for me at all, but I tried their rogue ST lineup and ended up buying the LS, only to follow with the triple diamond a few weeks later haha… golf gear is a diff level of obsession and is “cheap” compared to the atrocity that’s IEM prices
I just renovated and redesigned my entire patio for less than half of a totl iem price, and I kept thinking about the amount of money we spend on these tiny objects!

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,409 of 3,674
I just renovated and redesigned my entire patio for less than half of a totl iem price, and I kept thinking about the amount of money we spend on these tiny objects!
I've discussed this with some friends. Whenever I have to pay 3-400 euros outside of audio I feel like I've just been robbed, when I pay less than 3000 euros for an IEM I feel like I got stupid good value

Apr 12, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #3,410 of 3,674
I am grateful to be able what I have, moreso when I see musicians rocking some chifi IEMs worth a quarter of my tips warchest during live performances.

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #3,411 of 3,674
It’s brighter, faster, less bassy - I’d generally flat out rec the 5 over the 6 unless you’re looking for either something with a lot of bass or thickness. The dynamics on the 6 are a step above as well, but staging would go to the 5, which imo is especially noticeable for rock
Through this graph what do you tell me in comparison with KR5 and XE6? It's from my Ciem Em10, and you have a lot more experience than I do....

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #3,412 of 3,674
Through this graph what do you tell me in comparison with KR5 and XE6? It's from my Ciem Em10, and you have a lot more experience than I do....
Not a clue honestly... very difficult to draw conclusions off a graph without a comparison IEM... Post it next to an A18S maybe - could be a bit more help then. I can only assist with tonality though, can't read much else off a graph

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #3,413 of 3,674
Not a clue honestly... very difficult to draw conclusions off a graph without a comparison IEM... Post it next to an A18S maybe - could be a bit more help then. I can only assist with tonality though, can't read much else off a graph
I believe it is complicated, the Em10 in general is warm, so from your impressions I still assume that the XE6 is even more.... Nothing like trying it out but I have no possibility even in my country it's complicated....

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #3,414 of 3,674
I believe it is complicated, the Em10 in general is warm, so from your impressions I still assume that the XE6 is even more.... Nothing like trying it out but I have no possibility even in my country it's complicated....
The Xe6 responds quite nicely to sources - I pair it with the PAW S2 and I get a good quantity of treble, while the bass becomes cleaner and faster.

Speaking of which

N8II order probably getting placed today with impressions next week. Couldn't hold out, I need new toys

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #3,415 of 3,674
The Xe6 responds quite nicely to sources - I pair it with the PAW S2 and I get a good quantity of treble, while the bass becomes cleaner and faster.

Speaking of which

N8II order probably getting placed today with impressions next week. Couldn't hold out, I need new toys
You can not handle.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #3,416 of 3,674
You can not handle.....🤣🤣🤣🤣
To be fair the majority of the money for the N8II are in my PayPal account, and everyone in the hobby knows PayPal money is monopoly money and doesn't count as real spending

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #3,417 of 3,674
To be fair the majority of the money for the N8II are in my PayPal account, and everyone in the hobby knows PayPal money is monopoly money and doesn't count as real spending
It will be interesting to see how your iems play on the N8ii with the new Dac, as far as I know, it has received a lot of praise

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #3,418 of 3,674
It will be interesting to see how your iems play on the N8ii with the new Dac, as far as I know, it has received a lot of praise
I wasn't interested because tubes aren't remotely close to what I enjoy, but then the reports of the neutrality/slight brightness started rolling in and I managed to convince myself

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #3,419 of 3,674
I wasn't interested because tubes aren't remotely close to what I enjoy, but then the reports of the neutrality/slight brightness started rolling in and I managed to convince myself
I look forward to the day you call the N8ii bright and Head-Fi crashes from the fallout! 😅

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #3,420 of 3,674
I look forward to the day you call the N8ii bright and Head-Fi crashes from the fallout! 😅
First will come the burn in guys
Then I'll be using the wrong IEMs
After that, my bet would be on not using a PW FT or Orpheus
Lastly, the internal wiring and quantum stickers guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back