RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #2,896 of 3,674
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,897 of 3,674
Pretty sure you are the fastest summit-head fi person , in ordering - getting fed up is like days for you xD

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #2,898 of 3,674
Elysian X and Elysium EXT next!
Very curious to get your thoughts on both of those. Both very much on my radar too.

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #2,899 of 3,674
hey mike , you strike me as a smart dude , try this masterpiece out , let me know what you think

don't know what kind of music you are into , so yeah just try - dude was like the favorite musician of 2 dudes named Paul / John from a band called The Beatles......

(they don't make albums like that anymore....)

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #2,900 of 3,674
Pretty sure you are the fastest summit-head fi person , in ordering - getting fed up is like days for you xD
Yeah honestly if something keeps me happy for a week it’s money well spent :D I guess I should just buy from 64 exclusively, they’re the only brand that’s been able to keep me this happy for this long

I’ve got pretty high hopes for the IE900 though, I’ve been hearing great stuff about it

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #2,901 of 3,674
Yeah honestly if something keeps me happy for a week it’s money well spent :D I guess I should just buy from 64 exclusively, they’re the only brand that’s been able to keep me this happy for this long

I’ve got pretty high hopes for the IE900 though, I’ve been hearing great stuff about it
I will look forward to your impressions. I am very interested in the 900. I have a good Senn selection… iem800, 800s, hd800s 650. Right now the Legend X is my favorite as I do like bass which I understand the 900 excels in that department.

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #2,902 of 3,674
Bass is stunning on IE900, so much that it often restricts what I choose to listen to, automatically scrolling through albums looking for those that I know will excite me the most with IE900!

Aes Dana 'Inks' for example is spectacular on IE900, brilliantly produced electronic with darker techno tracks - the pounding kick drums sound absolutely incredible, reminds me of being in a club back in the good old days.

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2,903 of 3,674

The new U6t has that all-black style, if that's your thing :) Personally, I like the color design and build quality, but their universal shell stems lack the lip to hold the tips in place. It's a gentle way to upsell their custom I guess. The sound is somewhere between the Nio and U12t or U18t. Seems promising, might be worth a try

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #2,904 of 3,674
About this entire thread in general, cf. Schopenhauer

"Man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence.

Even sensual pleasure itself consists in a continual striving and ceases as soon as its goal is reached. Whenever we are not involved in one or other of these things but directed back to existence itself we are overtaken by its worthlessness and vanity and this is the sensation called boredom."

“On the Vanity of Existence."

///

He probably wasn't writing about TOTL IEMs given it was written in the 19th century, but he's prescient all the same.

Off topic, Andi at Kopfhörerboutique is indeed very nice and worth supporting.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2,905 of 3,674
About this entire thread in general, cf. Schopenhauer

"Man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence.

Even sensual pleasure itself consists in a continual striving and ceases as soon as its goal is reached. Whenever we are not involved in one or other of these things but directed back to existence itself we are overtaken by its worthlessness and vanity and this is the sensation called boredom."

“On the Vanity of Existence."

///

He probably wasn't writing about TOTL IEMs given it was written in the 19th century, but he's prescient all the same.

Off topic, Andi at Kopfhörerboutique is indeed very nice and worth supporting.

I love the bleak reality but timely guidance of Schopenhauer...

FB_IMG_1629040020373.jpg

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #2,906 of 3,674
“In the wild struggle for existence, we want to have something that endures, and so we fill our minds with rubbish and facts, in the silly hope of keeping our place.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

“The fact that life has no meaning is a reason to live --moreover, the only one.”
― E. M. Cioran

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #2,907 of 3,674
Nice to see that someone quote Cioran.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,908 of 3,674
“In the wild struggle for existence, we want to have something that endures, and so we fill our minds with rubbish and facts, in the silly hope of keeping our place.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

“The fact that life has no meaning is a reason to live --moreover, the only one.”
― E. M. Cioran
Cioran - now we're talking!

Aug 16, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #2,910 of 3,674
I'm excited that you're excited for the IE 900. When are you getting it? Need to have something to bookmark on HF this week! 😁
I'm not certain yet, I'm guessing it'll ship out today and be here within a day or two. It's a present for the missus though, I heard it's absolutely tiny so it should fit her ears quite well. I'll be able to spend some time with it this week and post some impressions too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back