RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 18, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #2,928 of 3,674
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #2,929 of 3,674
Head-Fi Classifieds in a nutshell

It's just a service to the community, checking that Classifieds are up to date.

Kindness of HeadFiers;
Wanted to know it was still available because they have one to sell as well and want to let the other person sell theirs first.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #2,930 of 3,674
Following a short demo of the missus' IE900, I've ended up ordering a pair for myself - for my preferences, these are basically the IER Z2R, I tried a few set of tips and was absolutely blown away. Literally cannot wait to get them tomorrow

Edit: I just received an email from https://kopfhoererboutique.com/ asking if I really want a second set :D

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #2,934 of 3,674
220$ of tips

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #2,935 of 3,674
Yeah, get the ear tips order done in one shot. I've spent more than $220 on tips over the last 9'ish months, but I've done it piecemeal. Much like @gLer , the IE 900 has somewhat changed the game for me. I'm still interested in the upcoming EE EVO, but also not feeling that itch for a new transducer.

I'm far from a rookie, so I don't believe in endgame, but I do have that familiar feeling of contentment. Now, if only I can keep myself from spending a "ridiculous" (*to me*) amount on a cable upgrade....I am rationalizing a $1,000 cable because "hey, if I'm not going to buy another IEM this year, why not?" That feeling is also familiar, hahahaha.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #2,936 of 3,674
@mvvRAZ - You waiting until you’ve got your own before doing a write up of the IE900?

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #2,937 of 3,674
Yeah, get the ear tips order done in one shot. I've spent more than $220 on tips over the last 9'ish months, but I've done it piecemeal. Much like @gLer , the IE 900 has somewhat changed the game for me. I'm still interested in the upcoming EE EVO, but also not feeling that itch for a new transducer.

I'm far from a rookie, so I don't believe in endgame, but I do have that familiar feeling of contentment. Now, if only I can keep myself from spending a "ridiculous" (*to me*) amount on a cable upgrade....I am rationalizing a $1,000 cable because "hey, if I'm not going to buy another IEM this year, why not?" That feeling is also familiar, hahahaha.
I'm seriously contemplating getting my 2-pin @doctorjuggles Cardas Clear cable converted to EA ConX so I can use it with all my current and future IEMs. Would be nice to have one high-end cable to rule them all, so to speak (or at least to let me swap out the stock cables as and when required).

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,938 of 3,674
I'm seriously contemplating getting my 2-pin @doctorjuggles Cardas Clear cable converted to EA ConX so I can use it with all my current and future IEMs. Would be nice to have one high-end cable to rule them all, so to speak (or at least to let me swap out the stock cables as and when required).
Ugh...been thinking of the ConX system for a couple days now, truth be told. I am considering a new cable, but sending on to EA for ConX as well. Just sent an email to cable-maker to ask them if they could simply leave bare wire instead of ear piece connectors...seems a waste to only have EA cut them off.

I am still uncertain. It's been a while since I've been in the cable game, and spending above a certain % (for years now my budget has been 35% of cost of IEM) has been anathema to me for years. The cable I'm thinking of would cost almost as much as the IE 900, not even including cost of ConX. Then again, if I got such a pricey cable, with ConX, at least I could use it with a future IEM.

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #2,939 of 3,674
Aug 21, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #2,940 of 3,674
@mvvRAZ - You waiting until you’ve got your own before doing a write up of the IE900?
Yep I want to do some more tip rolling as well before I post any “final” impressions

I’m also definitely getting ConX on something since I have the IE900 and the Elysian X on the way, and 0 cable rolling just isn’t acceptable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back