RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,906 of 3,674
Live outside of Philadelphia mustard does not belong on a cheese steak neither does ketchup, but fried onions, yum. Just my opinion no offense to you mustard lovers.

Soft pretzel with mustard, down with that.
I completely agree.

Pat or Geno's?

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,907 of 3,674
I am new to this about a year. So that likely explains it. The U12T was before I even knew about Head-Fi, and the second IEM, I had watched YouTube videos and learned about it that way, I demoed it and it did click with me at the time and still does. Z gushed over it.

I would say it adds zero color to the tracks and does not miss anything while doing that. I think about it this way; it stays out of the way, after a few hours suddenly I think this is a great set.

It is enough for me as a reference set, what I am missing now is a set with a strong bass oriented V, Mest V1 is the closest I have for that.

With the Traillii and Ely on my menu I do not find myself grabbing the Mest or the U12T much at all, may after the longish honeymoons are over.
Sony IER-Z1R is what you are missing in your collection.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #1,910 of 3,674
I completely agree.

Pat or Geno's?
These are the two famous places, but if you live here every where makes them. Some better than others. There is even a local meat processing plant and this is all they produce.

My favorite sandwich from Geno’s is not the steak it is the Roast Pork, Sharp Provolone, and Broccoli Rabe, try that sometime if you are under the bridge in Philadelphia for some serious brotherly love.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #1,911 of 3,674
I was also going to say this. Z1R is the best V I have heard assuming you can get a solid fit.
Yep fit issue, unfortunately.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #1,912 of 3,674
I am new to this about a year. So that likely explains it. The U12T was before I even knew about Head-Fi, and the second IEM, I had watched YouTube videos and learned about it that way, I demoed it and it did click with me at the time and still does. Z gushed over it.

I would say it adds zero color to the tracks and does not miss anything while doing that. I think about it this way; it stays out of the way, after a few hours suddenly I think this is a great set.

It is enough for me as a reference set, what I am missing now is a set with a strong bass oriented V, Mest V1 is the closest I have for that.

With the Traillii and Ely on my menu I do not find myself grabbing the Mest or the U12T much at all, may after the longish honeymoons are over.
There really is sonething about the 12t that makes it my presonal favourite.

While the Odin is hands down the best that I've heard. It's second fiddle to my A12t

I was also going to say this. Z1R is the best V I have heard assuming you can get a solid fit.
Somewhere out there is a picture of the Z1R sticking out of my ears like onions. But on my phone is another picture where the Z1R fits perfectly. It's super baffling.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #1,913 of 3,674
These are the two famous places, but if you live here every where makes them. Some better than others. There is even a local meat processing plant and this is all they produce.

My favorite sandwich from Geno’s is not the steak it is the Roast Pork, Sharp Provolone, and Broccoli Rabe, try that sometime if you are under the bridge in Philadelphia for some serious brotherly love.
I lived in New Jersey for 14 years. Everyone makes cheesesteaks, but I still like Pat's the best.

What I miss from New Jersey? Pork roll sandwich. Meatloaf. Pizza. Chicken Vindaloo and Naan. Samosas. Stuff peppers from Espo's in Raritan.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,914 of 3,674
Blimey all this talk of food brings of many happy memories of when I was a trader from the U.K. and trading in the old World Trade Centre and living in the Waldorf Astoria for a year and the many famous restaurants in New York and Harry’s Bar in the hotel. Unfortunately back then we had the Sony Walkman to listen to, not like the amazing IEM’s and Dap’s, still happy days and that food 🥘 in New York restaurants

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,915 of 3,674
I lived in New Jersey for 14 years. Everyone makes cheesesteaks, but I still like Pat's the best.

What I miss from New Jersey? Pork roll sandwich. Meatloaf. Pizza. Chicken Vindaloo and Naan. Samosas. Stuff peppers from Espo's in Raritan.
North Jersey, right? Where they speak fast, haggle dimes out of every deal, still good people. Amazing how different South Jersey is from the North, being it is a smallish state, with one of the highest tax burdens, almost 20% of your income if you live here, ridiculous, Tennessee, Florida, Delaware, here I come.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,916 of 3,674
North Jersey, right? Where they speak fast, haggle dimes out of every deal, still good people. Amazing how different South Jersey is from the North, being it is a smallish state, with one of the highest tax burdens, almost 20% of your income if you live here, ridiculous, Tennessee, Florida, Delaware, here I come.
Man, when I lived there, it was a Red state and it had low income taxes. Cheapest gas in the country and no sales tax on clothes.

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,917 of 3,674
Nice, I look forward for your impression. This uni Balmung had different configuration from custom version (also not many review about it :sweat_smile:).
I'm guessing this uni version has treble oriented tuning: 4 Tweeter, 2 Vented Mid-High, 2 Mids, 2 Vented Lows
If the tuning is fun, I may grab this for the sake that unown print :smiley:

Oh, it's known, when you throw it in the fire (please kids, don't do this at home), ” it tells you that this is, “the one IEM to rule them all, ” watch out for the pissed off Wraiths though!

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #1,918 of 3,674

... and don't forget us here, in Central Jersey, closer to the shore :D Oh, don't get me started on property taxes and income taxes :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,919 of 3,674
... and don't forget us here, in Central Jersey, closer to the shore :D Oh, don't get me started on property taxes and income taxes :frowning2:
You mean Bruce Springsteen country rather than Frankie Valli.

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #1,920 of 3,674
You mean Bruce Springsteen country rather than Frankie Valli.

Exactly! Actually, neighbor's kid ran into Bruce a year ago at nearby gym (our local Jersey Strong gym), right before the pandemic started. But, anywho, don't want to hijack the thread :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back