RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,756 of 3,674
I would second all of this and add, as someone who seems to share similar taste in IEMs as you, that you shouldn't walk away from the Elysium so easily. If most of your music is instrumental/vocal in nature then the Elysium, which may be outshined by other IEMs in terms of immensity of stage and raw technical chops, can give it a natural, lifelike and above all human timbre & tone that I have not seen in any other IEM I've demoed or read about, with the possible exception being the Oriolus Trailli. I would highly recommend you seek out a demo it if you can.
It's very much on my radar but even with the 18% discount, it was outside of what I wanted to pay.... And the VE8 had fit my use case better at the time. I'm eyeing one up on eBay but I really should sell off some of my current roster before considering anything else. They do occasionally pop up on the classified however so I will undoubtedly get my hands on them at some point! I've heard nothing but good things about them outside of the occasional comment on bass quantity. For the time being, the VE8 is really doing it for me and I should probably just enjoy the music for a while (easier said than done haha).

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,757 of 3,674
It's very much on my radar but even with the 18% discount, it was outside of what I wanted to pay.... And the VE8 had fit my use case better at the time. I'm eyeing one up on eBay but I really should sell off some of my current roster before considering anything else. They do occasionally pop up on the classified however so I will undoubtedly get my hands on them at some point! I've heard nothing but good things about them outside of the occasional comment on bass quantity. For the time being, the VE8 is really doing it for me and I should probably just enjoy the music for a while (easier said than done haha).

Yeah I need to remember sometimes that as hard as it is for me to demo different IEMs where I live it's just as hard if not harder for others. Just to be clear that advice. RE Ely was to @gazzington as well. I totally get not being able to commit to it before hearing...I wasn't either for just about 2 years before I heard it.

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #1,758 of 3,674
@gLer Would you mind telling me what cables you use with your LX and Fourte? I like the stock sound for both but my LX Ares II cable is getting too stiff and I have repaired both 2 pins. I also have a pw 1960 which pairs best with the Forte but the stock cable is on it for a change.

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #1,759 of 3,674
I am deciding between LPGT Ti and LP P6 Pro. :thinking:

I have had LPGT before and quite like its overall sound signature but still have some complaints for its ability to drive certain IEMs well. I wonder how much LPGT Ti would be better. Meanwhile, I also really want to try a R2R DAP with some many good feedback for it.

For IEMs, I am eagerly waiting new products from MMR and 64 Audio (if any). :)
Wouldn‘t you get an outstanding deal on a LPGT ti with all those connections you have to the Lotoo engineers?

But I would say it depends on what DAPs you have right now. If you have a warmer mid tier DAP and like its sound, you would want to get a warmer flagship DAP (like „never change a winning team“ and with team I mean „warm sounding“).
On the other hand if you already have a warmer DAP but think „maybe I would want something different to contrast it“, you could get a more neutral sounding flagship DAP. One for daytime, one for nighttime listening. Just an idea ...

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,760 of 3,674
Wouldn‘t you get an outstanding deal on a LPGT ti with all those connections you have to the Lotoo engineers?

But I would say it depends on what DAPs you have right now. If you have a warmer mid tier DAP and like its sound, you would want to get a warmer flagship DAP (like „never change a winning team“ and with team I mean „warm sounding“).
On the other hand if you already have a warmer DAP but think „maybe I would want something different to contrast it“, you could get a more neutral sounding flagship DAP. One for daytime, one for nighttime listening. Just an idea ...
I think the idea of getting a “balanced” DAP combo is excellent. With this, I should probably get the LPGT Ti. :)

The only concern is that it is unclear when Lotoo will be able to fulfill the second batch of the LPGT Ti.

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,761 of 3,674
@gLer Would you mind telling me what cables you use with your LX and Fourte? I like the stock sound for both but my LX Ares II cable is getting too stiff and I have repaired both 2 pins. I also have a pw 1960 which pairs best with the Forte but the stock cable is on it for a change.
PW No 5 on the Fourte and No 10 on the LX. Both 8-wire. Both excellent, comfortable, thick, non-microphonic. That's about as much as I'm willing to spend on cables though so YMMV.

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,762 of 3,674
I think the idea of getting a “balanced” DAP combo is excellent. With this, I should probably get the LPGT Ti. :)

The only concern is that it is unclear when Lotoo will be able to fulfill the second batch of the LPGT Ti.
I am very pleased with the ti. Although I only use the LO into the Romi Audio amp :wink:

And I am coming from a warmer sounding DAP (Calyx M)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,763 of 3,674
The stock cable on that thing makes me physically angry :joy:
You don’t know cable anger until you’ve experienced what InEar shackle the SD5 (& all their IEMs), with. It’s abhorrent!

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,764 of 3,674
I have a - slightly used - EE Odin Founder's Edition on the way to me, hurrah!
See my full post here for details, background, concerns and whatnot..
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...ortable-audio-discussion.826876/post-16225569

There's a good chance it just won't be right for me, sound-wise, in which case I'll be selling it on again here on Head-Fi. Am in the UK, if that matters.

So if anyone's interested, feel free to PM me offers in advance, either for the Odin, or just for the Stormbreaker cable.
Because even if I *do* like the Odin and decide to keep it, that cable has *got* to go :joy:

Speaking of 'cable anger', the Y-splitter looks nice, but I loathe everything else about it (copper, at this price? 2 wire, at this price? 2.5mm plug.. ugly black cloth instead of shimmering metal, at this price? etc etc).
I like the look of PW Audio's other cables, for the record, and I've no doubt this one sounds great, otherwise EE wouldn't have selected it.. but I just put a lot of weight on aesthetics, and for my tastes, this is a definite 'no no' :D

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #1,765 of 3,674
I have a - slightly used - EE Odin Founder's Edition on the way to me, hurrah!
See my full post here for details, background, concerns and whatnot..
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...ortable-audio-discussion.826876/post-16225569

There's a good chance it just won't be right for me, sound-wise, in which case I'll be selling it on again here on Head-Fi. Am in the UK, if that matters.

So if anyone's interested, feel free to PM me offers in advance, either for the Odin, or just for the Stormbreaker cable.
Because even if I *do* like the Odin and decide to keep it, that cable has *got* to go :joy:

Speaking of 'cable anger', the Y-splitter looks nice, but I loathe everything else about it (copper, at this price? 2 wire, at this price? 2.5mm plug.. ugly black cloth instead of shimmering metal, at this price? etc etc).
I like the look of PW Audio's other cables, for the record, and I've no doubt this one sounds great, otherwise EE wouldn't have selected it.. but I just put a lot of weight on aesthetics, and for my tastes, this is a definite 'no no' :D
Lol I just answered on Flin’s thread :D I’m with you there though, PW just doesn’t pass on aesthetics esp considering their asking prices

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,766 of 3,674
Lol I just answered on Flin’s thread :D I’m with you there though, PW just doesn’t pass on aesthetics esp considering their asking prices
Your answer confused me though lol.. Are you saying you want to buy it? Or I shouldn't sell it? :sweat_smile:

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,767 of 3,674
Your answer confused me though lol.. Are you saying you want to buy it? Or I shouldn't sell it? :sweat_smile:
Nah it's just a meme, people get super triggered when anyone suggests they want to sell any PW stock cable :D

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,768 of 3,674
Nah it's just a meme, people get super triggered when anyone suggests they want to sell any PW stock cable :D
I think a *tiny* part of me would quite enjoy that, given my hatred of the cloth-bound PW cables (Loki, Saladin on the other hand look great).
See this clip of Nas in 'The Art of Rap' documentary, 38 seconds in, which amusingly expresses this kind of thing, albeit in a different context..
(NB: contains some bad language y'all, so don't click if you will be offended):

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,769 of 3,674
IMG-20210308-231711.jpg

I really like PW Audio cable design, and this is what its like when kept at bare minimum (28 v2 JP ver, ~$90). The Odin's cable looks good too though, but for comfort and functionality I think the simpler form is better in my opinion.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,770 of 3,674
IMG-20210308-231711.jpg

I really like PW Audio cable design, and this is what its like when kept at bare minimum (28 v2 JP ver, ~$90). The Odin's cable looks good too though, but for comfort and functionality I think the simpler form is better in my opinion.
That's the thing; I actually think some of his other cables look great; Loki, Saladin etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back