5) CA Andromeda
6) CA Atlas
7) EE ESR
8) Tia Trio
9) CA Vega
Very pro-American list lol

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #1,388 of 5,132
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #1,389 of 5,132
For now, 1st. Everything else sounds boring to me after using phantoms extensively

besides Encore have you owned any other TOTL ciems (and encore is probably mid-tier TOTL seeing that nic put Katana at number 10 on his TOTL shootout) ?

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #1,390 of 5,132
Sound-Patriot said:
Anyone compared the kaiser encore with the vegas ? i consider to buy the custom version the next few months. The comparison between both iem's would be quite interesting for me...

I can offer a comparison with the K10 (Kaiser), but not the Encore. The two are similar although the Encore has a retooled midrange, slight upgrade in treble and tighter bass than the Kaiser from what I’ve read, but for all intents and purposes...

Following an audition of the Vega I thought I had just hopped off a roller coaster. What a ride! Coming from the Shure SE846 I wanted something with big bass but upgrades on the 846s’ weak points.

From memory the bass was skull crushingly good. I loved it. So too will lovers of electronic music, particularly UK bass. Treble reached high and it sung beautifully. Combine the two and there is the roller coaster ride ready to go again. Top Gear, The Stig. Let’s ‘ave it!!

But the overall sound signature left me wanting. Playing Dire Straits’ “Sultans of Swing”, the Vega presented it in a strangely dark, dingey, divey and dirty aesthetic. Perhaps I could live with that given my electronic music diet these days and the uniqueness of the experience.

But then along came the Noble Audio Kaiser. Compared to the extreme fun theme park ride, the Kaiser were a ride in a Rolls Royce Corniche taking in the countryside. Pounding pale ales versus a dram of something 15 years old and smokey, with a little bit of water added. Sudden impact versus savouring.

I happen to like all of those things in an IEM (although my stomach does backwards triple summersaults at the thought of adrenaline-fuelled theme park rides - no thanks). But in the end I opted for the Kaiser for its agility and overall prowess over the Vega’s je ne se quois, devil my care joviality..I wanted ability to take it all in, at a pace of my own choosing.

Indeed the Kaiser is just north of neutral with its subtle warmth and emphasis on bass and low-mids, its detail retention is superb and although there is a slight weak spot in treble sparkle it’s more than made up for with its timbre.

And since it goes down low with its bass it is easy enough EQed for times and genres where it’s needed. And it sounds freaking superb. Deep, textured, nuanced, palpable and always thoughtful.

Hope this helps. If I could I’d have both IEMs in my itinerary. Admittedly the 20-25 year old me would have been all over the Vega.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,391 of 5,132
besides Encore have you owned any other TOTL ciems (and encore is probably mid-tier TOTL seeing that nic put Katana at number 10 on his TOTL shootout) ?

depends on how u define TOTL, for noble, encores are TOTL. If its price base, i've tried u18t and fourte extensively over 2 weekends since i'm considering purchasing them. Tried jomo samba, zeus xr and legend x before deciding on phantoms too.

Headphones wise i still have my lcd2 pre fazor.

And years back my TOTL was a um3x, then jh16s, then heir 8a.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #1,392 of 5,132
1. Vision Ears VE8
2. Nerva X / Audeze LCD-i4
3. Oriolus Reborn
4. CA Andromeda / UM Mason V2
5. Sennheiser IE800s / CA Atlas
6. UM Mentor V2
7. Hyla
8. Fidue Sirius
9. UM Macbeth
10. iSine 10

Just my personal taste ☺️

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,393 of 5,132
I can offer a comparison with the K10 (Kaiser), but not the Encore. The two are similar although the Encore has a retooled midrange, slight upgrade in treble and tighter bass than the Kaiser from what I’ve read, but for all intents and purposes...

Following an audition of the Vega I thought I had just hopped off a roller coaster. What a ride! Coming from the Shure SE846 I wanted something with big bass but upgrades on the 846s’ weak points.

From memory the bass was skull crushingly good. I loved it. So too will lovers of electronic music, particularly UK bass. Treble reached high and it sung beautifully. Combine the two and there is the roller coaster ride ready to go again. Top Gear, The Stig. Let’s ‘ave it!!

But the overall sound signature left me wanting. Playing Dire Straits’ “Sultans of Swing”, the Vega presented it in a strangely dark, dingey, divey and dirty aesthetic. Perhaps I could live with that given my electronic music diet these days and the uniqueness of the experience.

But then along came the Noble Audio Kaiser. Compared to the extreme fun theme park ride, the Kaiser were a ride in a Rolls Royce Corniche taking in the countryside. Pounding pale ales versus a dram of something 15 years old and smokey, with a little bit of water added. Sudden impact versus savouring.

I happen to like all of those things in an IEM (although my stomach does backwards triple summersaults at the thought of adrenaline-fuelled theme park rides - no thanks). But in the end I opted for the Kaiser for its agility and overall prowess over the Vega’s je ne se quois, devil my care joviality..I wanted ability to take it all in, at a pace of my own choosing.

Indeed the Kaiser is just north of neutral with its subtle warmth and emphasis on bass and low-mids, its detail retention is superb and although there is a slight weak spot in treble sparkle it’s more than made up for with its timbre.

And since it goes down low with its bass it is easy enough EQed for times and genres where it’s needed. And it sounds freaking superb. Deep, textured, nuanced, palpable and always thoughtful.

Hope this helps. If I could I’d have both IEMs in my itinerary. Admittedly the 20-25 year old me would have been all over the Vega.

... thanks for this beautiful figurative comparison :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back