Rank the IEM's you've heard
Mar 5, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #4,547 of 5,177
So multiverse or Traillii? Why aren't there very many multiverse reviews? :frowning2:
Most likely because UM throws out a new IEM every 9 or so months and people jump on that train instead. While for Traillii you can sit down, relax, slowly form your thoughts, share them with the world 1 year late, and still be in time.

drftr

Mar 5, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #4,548 of 5,177
So multiverse or Traillii? Why aren't there very many multiverse reviews? :frowning2:
Traillii is one of those IEMs is an all time class similar to the Z1R. There are others that have similar tuning to the Traillii like the Penon Impact or AE Mentawai for a fraction of the cost.

UM is weird with their releases. And if there isn't thar many reviews that should tell you something about it.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #4,549 of 5,177
Can someone write a comparison (or review) of the Nostalgia Audio Camelot with others hi-end IEMs, please?
I decide to buy among Nostalgia Audio Camelot, Noble Audio Kublai Khan or Empire Ears Legend Evo.

I'm surprised there isn't even a mention of such excellent IEMs (Nostalgia Audio Camelot).
This IEM is already sold in the US and Europe.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #4,550 of 5,177
Can someone write a comparison (or review) of the Nostalgia Audio Camelot with others hi-end IEMs, please?
I decide to buy among Nostalgia Audio Camelot, Noble Audio Kublai Khan or Empire Ears Legend Evo.

I'm surprised there isn't even a mention of such excellent IEMs (Nostalgia Audio Camelot).

Thanks a lot.
A friend of mine do possess the Nostalgia Camelot...

It seems good (fortunately :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) but I did not have from him precise information of listening...

We are each other located in two distant cities, in France. So I couldn't listen myself.

A priori, excellent timbres, bassy but classy earphones...

I don't know more...

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #4,551 of 5,177

Thanks a lot.
All three of them are good iems. Though similar in nature, they have their respective advantages.

The Camelot is mildly v-shaped. Bass is the least among the three yet with high quality. Mids are a bit thin and may not be for everyone. Treble has enough sparkle with fine extension. Technicalities are decent at the price point.

The Kublai Khan is warm neutral. Technicalities are fine. An enjoyable listen overall. I guess it is the 'all-rounder' among the three.

The focus of Legend EVO is its bass. Indeed it has the best bass among the three, with excellent extension. It is not for everyone though, I guess you have to demo it to see whether it is for you.

I personally liked the KK, for it connected the most with my library.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,553 of 5,177
I wasn't specific in my previous question but here goes.

I sold my Susvara and looking for an iem to replace it (Not expecting equal petformance). For reference I like artists like Dean Martin, Amy winehouse, gypsy kings. Susvara was perfection just couldn't use it very much because I'm always traveling. I currently have Anole VX, enjoy it but looking for something with bigger stage and more "soul".

Balanced sound with good bass, totl midrange/vocals and big soundstage is what I care about. Also comfort is important.

Traillii or multiverse are my current top 2 based on what I've read but I can't audition them unfortunately so just looking for opinions on them or other suggestions.

Appreciated

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #4,554 of 5,177
All three of them are good iems. Though similar in nature, they have their respective advantages.

The Camelot is mildly v-shaped. Bass is the least among the three yet with high quality. Mids are a bit thin and may not be for everyone. Treble has enough sparkle with fine extension. Technicalities are decent at the price point.

The Kublai Khan is warm neutral. Technicalities are fine. An enjoyable listen overall. I guess it is the 'all-rounder' among the three.

The focus of Legend EVO is its bass. Indeed it has the best bass among the three, with excellent extension. It is not for everyone though, I guess you have to demo it to see whether it is for you.

I second this if you are bass head or bass lover Evo is a nice choice.

But if you need a good allrounder if it me I'll pick the KK.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #4,555 of 5,177

It is interesting. :open_mouth:
According to what is written, Camelot is on a similar level to EE Odin.
I thought Kublai Khan were worse sonically.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #4,556 of 5,177
It is interesting. :open_mouth:
According to what is written, Camelot is on a similar level to EE Odin.
I thought Kublai Khan were worse sonically.
Camelot is not really similar to EE Odin imho. Odin has much more energy at the bass and the treble. I do find the Odin to be fatiguing because of its mid-treble peaks. Technicalities are similar, maybe Odin having a tad more details.

I guess the KK just worked for me. In fact it was one of the few Noble offerings that connected with me.

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #4,557 of 5,177
Camelot is not really similar to EE Odin imho. Odin has much more energy at the bass and the treble. I do find the Odin to be fatiguing because of its mid-treble peaks. Technicalities are similar, maybe Odin having a tad more details.

I guess the KK just worked for me. In fact it was one of the few Noble offerings that connected with me.
When I read the reviews on this forum, the Noble Audio Kublai Khan has weaknesses in sound.
Wolfhawk46 wrote (Sibilance/sharpness), doctorjuggles wrote (not suitable for all music, ringing with spoken word).
Alexzander wrote (highs could easily become harsh and sibilant in a wrong synergy setup).

All Reviews are here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/noble-audio-kublai-khan.25955/reviews

So which IEMs sounds OK? :open_mouth:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #4,558 of 5,177
Looking for my end game IEM.
Oriolus Tralii - only BA bass and high price
64 Audio Fourté - weird tuning and bass is not good
Empire Ears Odin screamed upper midrange and high price
Empire Ears Legen EVO - few heights
Noble Audio Kublai Khan - all is written above
Aroma Audio Thunder - few heights, some bass bloat - mostly noticeable on EDM
Nostalgia Audio Camelot - mids are a bit thin, the sub-bass on the U12t digs deeper and has more rumble (then Camelot)

Which IEMs are without a single flaw or flaw in the sound? :)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #4,559 of 5,177
Looking for my end game IEM.
Oriolus Tralii - only BA bass and high price
64 Audio Fourté - weird tuning and bass is not good
Empire Ears Odin screamed upper midrange and high price
Empire Ears Legen EVO - few heights
Noble Audio Kublai Khan - all is written above
Aroma Audio Thunder - few heights, some bass bloat - mostly noticeable on EDM
Nostalgia Audio Camelot - mids are a bit thin, the sub-bass on the U12t digs deeper and has more rumble (then Camelot)

Which IEMs are without a single flaw or flaw in the sound? :)
The Mest MK2 may be my end game. I don't need more.

Of all the IEMs that I have tried, the only one that I would not put any serious fault with would be the Isabellae ...

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #4,560 of 5,177
I wasn't specific in my previous question but here goes.

I sold my Susvara and looking for an iem to replace it (Not expecting equal petformance). For reference I like artists like Dean Martin, Amy winehouse, gypsy kings. Susvara was perfection just couldn't use it very much because I'm always traveling. I currently have Anole VX, enjoy it but looking for something with bigger stage and more "soul".

Balanced sound with good bass, totl midrange/vocals and big soundstage is what I care about. Also comfort is important.

Traillii or multiverse are my current top 2 based on what I've read but I can't audition them unfortunately so just looking for opinions on them or other suggestions.

Appreciated
It's really difficult to have big soundstage with IEMs due to design. Open back headphones will always succeed in that.

Earbuds might up your alley. There are mini headphones. I was skeptical of them at first since my previous experiences were with Sony & Sennheiser but they've come a long way and probably can provide what you are looking for and still be portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back