Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200.
Jan 26, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 23
Westone 2 does not have replaceable cables. The UM2 does but it is not within the budget.

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #18 of 23
Thanks a lot. I think that I will be going with the super.fi 5 pro + westone cable combo. sf5 pro has great audio, and reviews only complain about the horrible cable. I'll be buying the cable seperate and hope to find a decent deal of the superfis that won't put total price over 200.

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 23
Personally, I find the Ultimate Ears Super.fi fit a little uncomfortable, but if you're going that way, why don't you get a triple.fi? They can be found used here for around $100 and new for $180 or so on Amazon. Then you'll still have money for a cord!

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
Is the fit any better? I have small ears and triple.fi may be too big. How is the fit on them? The 5 pros are pretty expensive so if I can get a good fit with TF that would be great.

you may or may not have issues, it's worth a shot either way since amazon has a 30 day return policy

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #22 of 23
I ended up buying the TF10s from a local guy, brand new. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes! I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me, it has been most helpful!

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 23
So guys, I ended up getting the triplefi 10vis and let me tell you...they are absolutely amazing! I was so worried about possibly having to sell them because I wasn't getting a good fit, but after fiddling with them for 30 minutes (not an exaggeration) I got a good fit and learned how to put them on quickly. They sound sooo good, it's amazing! I haven't even burned them in yet. Best part is I got them at the low price of $150, BNIB, locally. There were 2 pairs for sale in all of Ontario, and they guy selling them actually goes to school in the same place I work. Right now I will start looking for the westone cable for when my current one breaks.

Thanks a ton, headfi community! You have been so helpful, and are a great bunch of people! No other forum I've been a part of has so many replies so quickly. Polite, helpful replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back