PS1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #3,391 of 3,605
Has anyone balanced their ps1000e?

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #3,392 of 3,605
Oct 11, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #3,393 of 3,605
Here is another tip for improving your sound, and this time it's not only free of charge, but also it will save you some funds. This one is like shooting 2 birds with 1 shot :smile: .
I do some fasting from time to time, 2-3 days every fortnight drink water only and don't take any food. It's already kind of my habit in the last 10 years. And what I noticed is that when I listen to music after 3 days fasting, the sound becomes even more interesting. Nothing changes in the electronics, same headphones and everything, but it sounds much better than on "eating food" days. Perhaps, it happens because the brain cells get cleaned out during the fasting days and you here the sound a bit differently (in a positive way, of course).
So, by this method you can both, save some money on food and improve the way you hear your music by cleaning your brain cells, which will improve your health overall :beyersmile:  :beerchug:

P.S. Also, you won't need to see doctors and save on it as well :smile: .

sounds plausible. have you considered cleaning your ears as well? removing ear wax can improve your hearing dramatically.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #3,395 of 3,605
My dad is balancing his PS1000e this week I think. When he does he will probably bring them over to compare with my PS1000 on the Ayre QX-5 Twenty. I expect to be jealous at that point.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #3,396 of 3,605
Has anyone balanced their ps1000e?

I balanced my PS1K not the (e) series and run them in a fully balanced system and all I can say it is the best thing I did with them!
To my ears the sound-stage/depth and clarity of the instrument separation improved exceptionally well for me whereas the height had just a little improvement but not nearly as much as the rest of the spectrum. IIRC someone recently posted that balancing their PS1K  impressed them as well, but balancing the PS1Ke did not…but then again, everyone hears differently. 
smile.gif

If I had the PS1Ke I would surly balance them as well and if I liked them better SE I would simply revert them back. Let us know what you and your father think, thanks.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #3,397 of 3,605
I purchased some PS1000's here on Head-Fi about a month ago, but won't be able to listen to them for at least three more weeks (I live far from where they were shipped to). They appear to be in great condition. However, after reading this entire thread, I admit to being slightly worried that I might get a subpar set. Only experience will tell that. Since these are out of production, will Grado still service these and replace the drivers if there is something wrong now or later?

I am also wondering if any of you know at what serial number, roughly, the 1000's transitioned into the 1000e's. I have 2179. Mostly just curious about this point.

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3,398 of 3,605
  I purchased some PS1000's here on Head-Fi about a month ago, but won't be able to listen to them for at least three more weeks (I live far from where they were shipped to). They appear to be in great condition. However, after reading this entire thread, I admit to being slightly worried that I might get a subpar set. Only experience will tell that. Since these are out of production, will Grado still service these and replace the drivers if there is something wrong now or later?

I am also wondering if any of you know at what serial number, roughly, the 1000's transitioned into the 1000e's. I have 2179. Mostly just curious about this point.

Not sure...the PS1000e will have "PS1000e" imprinted on the earcups.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #3,399 of 3,605

I think my PS1000 is from the very last batch of the non-e version. Bought them brand new from an official Grado dealer last year, the serial number is 41xx.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #3,400 of 3,605
Not sure...the PS1000e will have "PS1000e" imprinted on the earcups.

I think my PS1000 is from the very last batch of the non-e version. Bought them brand new from an official Grado dealer last year, the serial number is 41xx.

Thanks for the info. It's kind of a moot point now since 2xxx is far from 4xxx. I recall comments claiming that some labeled non-e versions had e drivers or something like that. Maybe I am making that up. Maybe I need to re-read the thread :wink:

No problem either way because I am sure both sound great. Looking forward to finally hearing them.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,402 of 3,605
I have read most of this thread and plan to buy a pair of PS1000e soon. I demoed them about a moth ago against the HD800S on a woo wa6 and like the PS1000e better. It just sounded more real and less processed (transparent).

I do have a question about flush mounted drivers. Has anyone actually owened a pair of PS1000e with flush mounted drivers or do they all stick out? If flush mounted drivers exist I might make an effort to get a recent build.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #3,403 of 3,605
I have read most of this thread and plan to buy a pair of PS1000e soon. I demoed them about a moth ago against the HD800S on a woo wa6 and like the PS1000e better. It just sounded more real and less processed (transparent).

I do have a question about flush mounted drivers. Has anyone actually owened a pair of PS1000e with flush mounted drivers or do they all stick out? If flush mounted drivers exist I might make an effort to get a recent build.

I posted a photo from Singapore showing a PS1000e with flush mounted drivers (HERE) so it looks like they do exist, just not in the U.S.?

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,405 of 3,605
Thanks, yes I saw that post. Just seems like everyone's stick out. Not a big deal I just figured if it is a running change I would try to grab the newest type.

The thing is it very well could be a big deal sound wise, but I believe no one here has a pair of PS1Ke with flush mounted drivers, nor do I believe it was a change from Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back