PS1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #3,376 of 3,605
I have a some what modest front end that costs about $2500 including interconnects that I run my PS500e off of. I thought it sounded pretty good but bought a mojo for my wife last week and it blows my system away using the HD500e/mojo/iphone.

So maybe if your on a budget just give the mojo a try before spending thousands to run Grados as they are a pretty easy load.

i'm not surprised

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3,377 of 3,605
With the GS2000e out I thought a PS2000e might be on the way???

I'd like to get PS2000e if it's coming out soon, but no info anywhere yet. Maybe next year they will release it, who knows.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,379 of 3,605
If anyone didn't know this yet, here is the improvement on your sound (it is free of charge
wink_face.gif
, and only applies to those, who use [flac] type of files to play music) -

We all know that [flac] format is lossless audio format, but if to convert it back to the native linear PCM [wav] format, it will make difference. When I first tried this 5-6 years ago, I couldn't believe my ears - sound became more spacious and smoother. Of course, it will take more space to store it in [wav] format, compared to [flac], but you will be rewarded in sound quality improved. I converted all my audio library to [wav] and am happy as Amazon python
smile.gif
Try to convert back from [flac] to [wav] few tracks of your music library and compare both versions of the same track. The difference will be noticeable.
Happy listening 
k701smile.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3,381 of 3,605
  If anyone didn't know this yet, here is the improvement on your sound (it is free of charge
wink_face.gif
, and only applies to those, who use [flac] type of files to play music) -

We all know that [flac] format is lossless audio format, but if to convert it back to the native linear PCM [wav] format, it will make difference. When I first tried this 5-6 years ago, I couldn't believe my ears - sound became more spacious and smoother. Of course, it will take more space to store it in [wav] format, compared to [flac], but you will be rewarded in sound quality improved. I converted all my audio library to [wav] and am happy as Amazon python
smile.gif
Try to convert back from [flac] to [wav] few tracks of your music library and compare both versions of the same track. The difference will be noticeable.
Happy listening 
k701smile.gif

bye bye to tags though.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,383 of 3,605

Not really, I converted it in Foobar2000 and all the Metadata is remained in .wav's.

strange. i somehow seem to remember that wave files can not hold tags.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #3,386 of 3,605
How about AIFF files?  If I understand, they're the Apple variant of WAV, but can store tags.  Am I wrong?

They might. Just have to look it up.

Personally I would just use apple lossless. It will sound the same.

Example of WAV

Example of apple lossless

1^4,2^4,3^4,4^4

You can see that those two examples say the same thing. Once the data is unpacked they are the same. The only sound quality difference could be in the unpacking process but they sound the same to me.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,387 of 3,605

How about AIFF files?  If I understand, they're the Apple variant of WAV, but can store tags.  Am I wrong?

They might. Just have to look it up.

Personally I would just use apple lossless. It will sound the same.

Example of WAV

Example of apple lossless

1^4,2^4,3^4,4^4

You can see that those two examples say the same thing. Once the data is unpacked they are the same. The only sound quality difference could be in the unpacking process but they sound the same to me.

To me, too.  I wouldn't unpack all my files as I aggree that the only dif would be in the processors used to unpack them.  ALAC or FLAC; I use either.
Thanks.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #3,388 of 3,605
AIFF tagging never worked for me. I always had problems with transfers.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #3,389 of 3,605
Here is another tip for improving your sound, and this time it's not only free of charge, but also it will save you some funds. This one is like shooting 2 birds with 1 shot 
smile.gif
I do some fasting from time to time, 2-3 days every fortnight drink water only and don't take any food. It's already kind of my habit in the last 10 years. And what I noticed is that when I listen to music after 3 days fasting, the sound becomes even more interesting. Nothing changes in the electronics, same headphones and everything, but it sounds much better than on "eating food" days. Perhaps, it happens because the brain cells get cleaned out during the fasting days and you here the sound a bit differently (in a positive way, of course).
So, by this method you can both, save some money on food and improve the way you hear your music by cleaning your brain cells, which will improve your health overall 
beyersmile.png

beerchug.gif

P.S. Also, you won't need to see doctors and save on it as well
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back